Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tata buys Jag and Range Rover

Tata buys Jag and Range Rover

Just announced on cnbc's world exchange is that Indian company Tata has out-bid Mahindra and several private equity companies to buy Jaguar and Range Rover.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Not sure if this is good or bad... but i'm veering towards bad.

I don't know of Tata's financial situation - though it obviously seems to be quite good.

I just hope that Jag and Landie can do everything on their own without any interruption from their parent company, that's the only way LR will continue to be successful, and Jag to return to their successful ways of the past.

WHAT THE ****?!

An Indian company that makes poor quality death traps is going to have a say in the running of two great icons in motoring world?
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Well TATA has money, they sponsor Narain Karthikeyan afterall..

Is it Land Rover or Range Rover being sold?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Just announced on cnbc's world exchange is that Indian company Tata has out-bid Mahindra and several private equity companies to buy Jaguar and Range Rover.
    IIRC Range Rover is just the model. It appears in indexes etc. as the "Land Rover Range Rover" - so is it therefore Land Rover that's being sold to TATA?

Either way, this isn't looking good...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Tata also own the steel company I work for, they bought us for £6.3 billion! They are an extremely big company with a huge portfolio, good news for jag I would have thought.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

After further thought, I've decided what I think about it.

I still think it's necessary for Jaguar and Land Rover mechanics to go their own ways in terms of designing their cars.

But the money from Tata (obviously a huge company with lots of money, judging by the above comments) will be useful in helping bring out these new models as quickly as possible, well designed, good to drive and good quality. Let's not forget, most of the problems Rover encountered were due to their not having any money to make their new cars, eventually leading to their bankrupcy.

This could just be what they need.

HUGE borrowings too d Seems to be the way of acquisitions these days
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

haha, who would have thought. A country colonized by britain spawns a company that buys two british icons.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Can't find any confirmation of the TATA deal closure. You got some links ?
    Mahindra put in an interest bid to FORD as has a US venture company.
    Ford hasn't said they've decided yet in public afaicfo
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The story was reported on tv this morning as having been finalised, but cnbc's website has been revised to move it back to a possibility
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17 View Post
    haha, who would have thought. A country colonized by britain spawns a company that buys two british icons.
    There were plenty of Indians present in the country before the British traders arrived. Difference is the British didnt' drive them out and push them into unlivable conditions

No real surprise as their steel industry growth was driven by the huge resources India has for steel making ( 90% of which is depleted in the UK ).
    So Tata got advanced steel finishing plants in Europe to match their steel production in India.

Expect the same with Jag/L-R in a Tata OR Mahindra buy. Use the cheaper resources and labour to provide the top of the pyramid companies with components and finance to make higher returns in the lower volume arena.

I'm very sad with this news...Why can't we british look after these companies. Makes me embarassed to be british.
    Last edited by jediali; 07-26-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    autozine.org

this is terrible.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk View Post
    this is terrible.
    Yes because it's obviously the new owners' goal to destroy their recent acquisitions.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information