Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clssified Section?

Clssified Section?

I was wondering if it would be feasible to have a classified section for members to sell there cars on?

It gives members who want to sell their cars a free (possible) place to advertise, allows car enthusiests to look at buying your car, plus members might get a better offer.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Well right now, anything seen as trying to use UCP as a classified is put down as spam. A classified section would probably result in only members with subscriptions allowed to use. Theres alot of other issues i'd imagine too, such as how to keep it successful when its likely to have less exposure and higher user prices compared to other classified sites.
    I am the Stig

I agree, i was just seeing what people thought was all.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Also, UCP is international.
    Not much point knowing there's a Lada for sale in Estonia for you guys or any other examples for any other countries
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I actually don't think it is such a bad idea at all. I don't see it working at the moment, but perhaps that is a direction UCP could head somewhere in the distant future.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Also, UCP is international.
    Not much point knowing there's a Lada for sale in Estonia for you guys or any other examples for any other countries
    yea, and if there is like one active member from estonia or two or three from poland, i guess it'd fast turn to uk/us/aussie classfied section, which we don't want
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    yea, and if there is like one active member from estonia or two or three from poland, i guess it'd fast turn to uk/us/aussie classfied section, which we don't want
    we already trade amongst ourselves...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    we already trade amongst ourselves...
    On that note, please can you send me that small turbo?

Out of about 10 forums I'm on this is one of 3 that don't have a classified section. One forum is way to to broad to have one. The other is basically a video game forum. This one being the 3rd, I think, should have one. International users are never a problem. You merely list who you will ship to and who you won't ship to. Also, a very good rules thread can really help, as well a moderators who strictly enforce them. (i.e. Making it mandatory to list an asking price, posting a picture of the actual item, a standardized thread title FS=For Sale, FT=For Trade, WTB=Want to buy, etc.)

the thing is most members know each other well enough to simply ship merchandise to each other anyway.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_2 View Post
    Out of about 10 forums I'm on this is one of 3 that don't have a classified section. One forum is way to to broad to have one. The other is basically a video game forum. This one being the 3rd, I think, should have one. International users are never a problem. You merely list who you will ship to and who you won't ship to. Also, a very good rules thread can really help, as well a moderators who strictly enforce them. (i.e. Making it mandatory to list an asking price, posting a picture of the actual item, a standardized thread title FS=For Sale, FT=For Trade, WTB=Want to buy, etc.)
    You're from the US though, and how many of those other 7 forums are dominated by US users?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    You're from the US though, and how many of those other 7 forums are dominated by US users?
    I'm on a forum where there is a bustling international trade- I myself have sent two guitars to Germany and the US, whilst many trade in stupidly large objects. Cars aren't exactly the most rational thing to FedEx, but parts like speakers/nuts and bolts are. Classifieds don't have to include just cars.

True, but why not already use sites like Ebay, and simply direct people there?
    I am the Stig

Let's leave the online classifieds to Ebay, and the automobile discussions to UCP, eh?

A sales yard on an international forum seems like a useless exercise.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

A compromise might be having a section where people can list where something might for sale on a 3rd party site. But again, something would need to be done to sort the spam from the genuine sales, which would likely mean some sort of payment from whoever wants to advertise. They may or may not have already paid to make the initial advertisement as well.

Maybe something can be sorted out where those with subscriptions can list things for sale in the premium forum.

You then have the argument over whether you want the appeal of regular members, alot of which have subscriptions these days, or anyone searching around who may happen to stumble upon the sale.

The decision is Wouter's though, so it ultimately doesnt matter what solutions are thought of if he doesnt want the idea to happen
    I am the Stig

Thread Information