Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCP summer events!

Just wondering, when you go to auto shows, do you go on press days or on the days when the show is open to the public? One thing that I could maybe do is take photos for the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, which is usually in February. I want to make a strong contribution to this site, and maybe this could be it? Maybe one of the mods could let me know about this?
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

I think there are programs out there that can rename stuff for you, i'm not sure..

Spastik Roach:
    Those programs can only rename batches of pictures, not specific images.

L-mafia:
    Rob usually goes to the CIAS for us. We always visit on press day, the public days are way too crowded to get any good shots.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Just a small update: halted the renaming and went on to write the report, busy now on the first of two 100 shot slideshows.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by lithuanianmafia
    Just wondering, when you go to auto shows, do you go on press days or on the days when the show is open to the public? One thing that I could maybe do is take photos for the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, which is usually in February. I want to make a strong contribution to this site, and maybe this could be it? Maybe one of the mods could let me know about this?
    I can see why you would offer to shoot at CIAS, since we didn't do a feature on it this year. I went to the second of the two press days and found that there wasn't anything new that I hadn't already shot a month earlier in Detroit. So I still shot quite a few pics but we just saved them for individual car updates like the Phantom Corsair.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    I can see why you would offer to shoot at CIAS, since we didn't do a feature on it this year. I went to the second of the two press days and found that there wasn't anything new that I hadn't already shot a month earlier in Detroit. So I still shot quite a few pics but we just saved them for individual car updates like the Phantom Corsair.
    ok, thanks guys! if there is, however, anything I can do, let me know
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

The result of seven days of work:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...assic2004.html

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    work ?

WORK ??

WORK ???

If only I could earn a living doing that instead of all this tough sh!t
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yet again amazing work, cant believe that you got to see the enzo there and you couldnt resist taking some pics of that mini for sale

i dont know how to say thatnks so have a +1
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    work ?

WORK ??

WORK ???

If only I could earn a living doing that instead of all this tough sh!t

just out of interest how does wouter make money from this site coz we dont pay anything, is it for having sponsors logos somewhere or something ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    just out of interest how does wouter make money from this site coz we dont pay anything, is it for having sponsors logos somewhere or something ?
    The forums are a kind of freebie
    We get them with very few intermediate advertiser pages - you know the one that's susually for screensavers
    Clicking on the red highlughted words will help a little as he'll get a (tiny) fraction of a cent for each one.
    The MAIN UCP page has standard banner ads.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The forums are a kind of freebie
    We get them with very few intermediate advertiser pages - you know the one that's susually for screensavers
    Clicking on the red highlughted words will help a little as he'll get a (tiny) fraction of a cent for each one.
    The MAIN UCP page has standard banner ads.
    ah i see

Rob spent the last couple of days at the Meadowbrook Hall Concours d'Elegance, where he met up with forum members Matt and Nopassn. I for one am various anxious to see his work!! They had a special class for Bizzarinis and a whole concours dedicated to Italian cars. Expect to see a new report and slideshow up later this week. Better yet, keep an eye on the main page, because new updates might be added at a higher frequency than you are used to (with three in the last seven days).

(Ted Joans)

(Ted Joans)

So I finally finished the Meadow Brook report, and now all is complete for your viewing pleasure: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...s/mbh2004.html
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Thread Information