Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Opinion: Bush vs. Kerry

World Opinion: Bush vs. Kerry

There is a fairly interesting report on what other countries think of Kerry and Bush.

32 countries were sampled, with a sample of ~1000 people.

The results were quite surprising.
    Out of the 32 countries only 4 claimed they wanted Bush to win the election.

The question was:
    "In the upcoming United States Presidential election, which candidate would you prefer to see win?"

Kerry supporters:
    Norway: 74 - 7
    Germany: 74 - 10
    France: 64 - 5
    Netherlands: 63 - 6
    Canada: 61 - 16
    India: 34 - 33
    Spain: 45 - 7
    Italy: 58 - 14
    UK: 47 - 16
    Japan: 43 - 23
    Czech Republic: 42 - 18
    Kazakhstan: 40 - 12
    Dominican Republic: 51 - 38
    China: 52 - 12
    Indonesia: 57 - 34
    Uruguay: 37 - 5
    Argentina: 43 - 6
    Brazil: 57 - 14
    Bolivia: 25 - 16
    Mexico: 38 - 18
    Columbia: 47 - 26
    Venezuela: 48 - 22
    Peru: 37 - 26
    Zimbabwe: 28 - 6
    Ghana: 48 - 24
    Kenya: 58 - 25
    South Africa: 43 - 29
    Tanzania: 44 - 30

Bush supporters:
    Philippines: 37 - 57
    Nigeria: 27 - 33
    Poland: 26 - 31
    Thailand: 30 - 33

Also quite revealing is the change in opinion since Bush came to power.
    Data collected by the US State Dept. in 1999-2000 shows that there has been a significant change in favorability.

UK: 83 - 48
    Germany: 78 - 38
    Morocco: 77 - 27
    France: 62 - 37
    Turkey: 52 - 30
    Russia: 37 - 47

Thanks for all the fish

Even if we did vote in Super-chin (i just couldnt resist) we'd all be complaining about him after his four years
    eat cicada

I don't trust either of them. They're politicians.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I can't choose right now, I am skeptic of both of them

if i COULD vote, I'de vote kerry. bush is having troubles with this whole presidency deal.

well i dont really give a flying f**k, im not in america and never really want to be.
    im sure if i lived there i might care, but i dont so i dont.
    i think kerry is better because he (from my knowledge) knows how to speak propper english.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Kerry, Bush its all the same.
    what difference will it make ?
    i dont wanna sound skeptic and freeze this thread, but i dont expect any major differences between them. the president of any country is only a person in a whole organisation of people, thoughts, plans,... it needs a very strong president to be able and change all that. the type of president that occurs once every 1000 years or so. i dont see that in either Bush or Kerry. they will both carry out the same plans and achieve the same results, the difference will be in the methods used to hit the target.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Hey coventry, i think something is unclear. what exactly is the 2000 data for ??
    obviously not the comparison between Bush and Kerry. could u explain what that last set of figures is for ?
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I don't like Bush a whole lot, but he's a lot better than John Kerry ever will be. Bush/Cheney 2004!

BUSH/CHENEY 2004!!! Kerry is a loser who mooches of of his ketchup lady. He has no definitive side on any issue, and seems to have no issues on his campaign, all he talks about is "i was in war, where i did something heroic and, got THREE purple hearts!"
    Bush on the other hand, did an excellent job handling 9/11 (3rd anniversity tomorow) and has done everything right , EXCEPT handling the Swiftboat thing, i think he should have either shut up both sides, or neither, but DEFINATLY not his own!! i mean come on, really!!
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Kerry is a loser who mooches of of his ketchup lady.
    I am afraid the above quote is quite representative of the campaign level on both sides. It is very disconcerting to realise that the future of world is partly going to be decided about the mud throwing capabilities of the campaginers. Ultimately the the position of most powerful man (or woman: HRC in four years from now) on earth is at stake. The elections are absolutely not about issues. I hope people in the USA also realise that the 3rd anniversary of 9/11 comes one day ahead of the ten year moratorium on the public sales of 17 types of assault arms, which will be available to the general public again next week. Nobody in the Conress seemed to be willing to extend that moratorium. The republicans by nature and also the democrats because they feared to loose votes in rural areas.
    It looks to me that the results of the polls, as given in the first post of this thread may even represent a more general negative attitude against the USA than against Bush in particular, although he certainly has contributed quite a lot. Not being a US citizen I am fortunately not faced with the dilemma who to choose for, but it is safe to assume that that anything is better for the world outside the USA than four more years of arrogant, power oriented selfishm that we have seen during the past four years.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'll only say this, I don't honestly care what other countries would vote for. It's my vote that will count, not theirs. So, in my own opinion, that poll has no real use for the voting American public. They (the American voters) should choose who they think will be better by looking at facts and not opinions of other countries, people, or the media. Vote Kerry, Vote Bush, just vote.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    I'll only say this, I don't honestly care what other countries would vote for. It's my vote that will count, not theirs. So, in my own opinion, that poll has no real use for the voting American public. They (the American voters) should choose who they think will be better by looking at facts and not opinions of other countries, people, or the media. Vote Kerry, Vote Bush, just vote.
    The international opinion counts a lot, we all live in the same planet and we all have trades with each other. You are not gonna change your way of thinking because of what they say, but it should matter to you.

Guess Australia isn't that important to the world opinion
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    Hey coventry, i think something is unclear. what exactly is the 2000 data for ??
    obviously not the comparison between Bush and Kerry. could u explain what that last set of figures is for ?
    "A reasonable questin is whether these feelings about Bush Administration Foreign Policy are specific to the current period, or whether they simply reflect a chronic anti-Americanism."

From 1999-2000 to 2004 "Favorable views of the US have declined over this time in countries such as Great Britain, Germany, France, Morocco, and Turkey. Only in Russia, among the countries where the comparison could be made, did public opinion become more favourable. These longer-term trends echo the current findings that traditional friends of the US noe regard us much less positively."

So basically a comparison between what people thought about America in 1999-2000, and what they think of it now.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information