View Poll Results: Do you think this will affect buyers?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

15 78.95%
  • Nope

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi marketing stunt

Mitsubishi marketing stunt

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi USA
    GAS COMES STANDARD.

There's only one way to beat the high cost of gas. That's in the driver's seat of a new Mitsubishi. Buy or lease any new 2005 Mitsubishi and receive a year's worth of gas from Mitsubishi Motors. You get to choose any one of Mitsubishi's 2005 vehicles and we'll pick up the cost of your gas for a whole year1.

Not too shabby. You get to own one of the most thrilling cars on the road and high gas prices disappear in the rear-view mirror. That's some serious thrills per gallon. And only Mitsubishi is making it happen, with the only lineup of cars in the world where gas comes standard.

Take a look at the 2005 Mitsubishi lineup and fill out the form below to have a dealer contact you with the details of the GAS COMES STANDARD2 program.
    http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/GasCardOffer

Ok, so this is just a marketing stunt but I was quite amazed when I first heard of it. But the more I think of it the more boring it sounds, although it might get Mitsubishi some well desired US customers... What do you think?
    Desperate attempt or will it work? Will others copy? Is it the entirely wrong approach?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

thats brilliant. smart arses gonna sell heck loads of cars.

aren't they just gonna deduct a year's worth of gas from the msrp?
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    aren't they just gonna deduct a year's worth of gas from the msrp?
    Well that was my second reaction aswell, it just depends on how you think about it... Is it really something special?
    - Are YOU listed? -

There's gotta be a catch somewhere, but it's a cool idea nonetheless.

hey it may affect buyers but how is a company that isn't in a great finacial situation going to pay for all the gas? plus even if i was getting free gas for a year i still wouldn't buy a mitsubishi. just buy a cheaper car (better looking to)

As I recall, a year worth of gas always has an asterisk, like the amount of a 'year's worth of gas will be deducted, given, etc...but what I think is happening is Mitsubishi is giving out gas cards, or something of the like.

It's brilliant. If they sell like hotcakes like te Employee Discount did, Mitsubishi won't be the only one for long.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Customers will have the ability to choose one eligible Gas Company for their gasoline card with the purchase or lease of any new 2005 vehicle. The gasoline cards are in lieu of and not in addition to any other customer or dealer incentives available in connection with the sale or lease of such vehicle. Should the customer choose the gas card incentive, the vehicle purchased or leased will not be eligible for the following programs: Standard Customer Rebates, MMCA Special Lease Financing, and MMCA Special APR financing. (Mitsubishi Loyalty or Mitsubishi Education Edge are exceptions.)
    Still seem like a good deal.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

I'm Really confused; Mitsubishi US was nearly sunk by a bad spate of credit sales to customers, now they do this?

It's like they want to die or something, this is going to cost them a fortune!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Mitsu may be on their last leg...but they're smart enough to know the price of fuel is more likely to drop back down at least one dollar per gallon within 6 months...so it's not like a big gamble. They are just playing on what is now a hot button with the public, sure some suckers will fall for it.

I'd rather see them create some more desirable cars that sell on that merit than silly gimmicks.

There is most likely a limit on the amount or number of miles driven. So they figured a good amount that they can do that will be offset by the sales, and hopefully more sells they'd get from it. They would still make money most likely. Im sure you can still talk them down in price and still get the free gas, so if your in the market for a car it would be something to check out. Think about it, if you can get a good deal and a significant amount of free gas then its an even better deal.

I'd rather see them create some more desirable cars that sell on that merit than silly gimmicks.
    I know you may not have been saying it like this but, "silly gimmicks" doesnt meant they arent trying to make more desirable cars, its just another approach on boosting sells. People would still make their buying decision based on the product not the free gas. It just helps sweeten the deal, and get some people who may not have thought about getting a mitsubishi consider it now. Or help people decide on getting one when they may have just been considering it and comparing w/ competitors.
    Last edited by scottie300z; 10-03-2005 at 10:53 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    There is most likely a limit on the amount or number of miles driven.
    Exactly. They work out a limit that they will pay you for, otherwise people would take advantage! Dont forget, its a gimmick, they dont actually want to help you, just wanna earn some more profits!!

wonder if its also in malaysia...

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    they dont actually want to help you, just wanna earn some more profits!!
    Name one profit seeking company that does? Or a politician for that matter. Of course they wouldn't do it if they wouldn't think it would be worth it fiancially, at least in the long run.
    - Are YOU listed? -

I wouldnt say they dont want to help you. That is how they make their money, by helping people. They just want to make sure they can do it and still make money at it. Can you blame them? Would you just give free gas if it meant loosing money? But they are still giving free gas, sure it may not be only to help people but are you going to get upset at them for it?

Many companies routinely donate to charities, some may advertise it while many dont. So i wouldnt say no company wants to help people. But still there are many campanys that do seems shady and all, but still there are a number of companies that actually dont want to rip people off.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information