Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pando's E34

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    The Tractor?
    Yes my little blue tractor.

Very frugal but not terribly exciting.

BTW Pando, you've learnt things quickly by insuring it as a 535i...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

so...850 € for the insurance is an absurd low figure here. I think my dad pays like 1.100 or even more for the 1.9 diesel Croma, and he never had an accident in his whole life.

while 1.500 € as a fine are a terrible amount of money!

stealing the M badge from a modern E60 M5 is wrong, but "predictable", for your car...is a murder.

hope you find a way to solve the fine issue and to find the thief too
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Jesus, 1,100euro for a large estate! That's mad, my Dad pays the equivalent of about 500euros to insure the Audi and pays 1,030euro for me on the Mazda!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Jesus, 1,100euro for a large estate! That's mad, my Dad pays the equivalent of about 500euros to insure the Audi and pays 1,030euro for me on the Mazda!
    500€ for an A6?

That's cheap. No, actually that's a bargain!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    so...850 € for the insurance is an absurd low figure here. I think my dad pays like 1.100 or even more for the 1.9 diesel Croma, and he never had an accident in his whole life.
    Weird, but keep in mind that I have the most basic insurance, that doesn't cover anything but damage done to other cars in the case of an accident.

I knew the UK was bad, but this had me thinking, who's got cheaper insurance out there?
    while 1.500 € as a fine are a terrible amount of money!
    Paying any fine sucks, but feeling you've been wronged while doing it is even worse.
    stealing the M badge from a modern E60 M5 is wrong, but "predictable", for your car...is a murder.

hope you find a way to solve the fine issue and to find the thief too
    The thing is I kinda hope I wouldn't find the culprits as I don't think much good would come from that. Or at least they wouldn't do it again. I've been asking around and there are some English kids living a close to the parking lot that many suspect did it.

Personally, I don't understand people that do this. I never felt an urge to do anything like this as a kid and neither did any of my friends. I know of some people that did, but always let them know what kind of idiots they were.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I'm always amazed at the stuff english people do, say to ferraris over there. Here about the worst you have to worry about is handprints most of the time. People generally don't try to steal the really nice cars, they go after accords and stuff since it's so much safer and easier, plus the nicer cars get a lot more respect.

I'm paying waaay less for insurance, and mine even covers damage done offroad, and towing offroad. I've never actually needed the towing offroad, but most tow companies won't even do that, so I thought it was a pretty cool feature.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Pando, sorry to hear about what happened. It's completely disrespectful, and I would like to give the punk kids a right kick in the bollocks. Even amongst some of the most retarded, low-life, idiot members of the human race that I have had the pleasure of meeting, there's always been that one thing that you never, ever mess with another man's car. Of course, that does not imply downright stealing it.

As for the insurance aspect, I'm not even going to get into what I pay on mine. It's ridiculous - but I love the car.
    Turning money into memories.

To make you all very jealous, for me to insure as an M5 would be €116 for 3rd party only and €505 comprehensive...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    To make you all very jealous, for me to insure as an M5 would be €116 for 3rd party only and €505 comprehensive...
    Well.. you drive like a nanny. no wonder the insurance company loves you..

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the M-badge and the fine Mikael..
    If you had been driving without insurance in norway, you would probably get a nastier fine, and they would have clipped your plates on the spot..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    500€ for an A6?

That's cheap. No, actually that's a bargain!
    Yeah, I think it's something like £460 fully comprehensive. Liscence held since 1982/1983, full No Claims Discount but 1 claim in November 2004, settled not at fault.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

guess I missed this car somehow but wow a real e34 M5. Very rare car, excellent choice (if you are lucky it might be worth more than you paid for it one day).

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    I'm dreaming of taking this car with me to Finland for my summer holidays by taking a ferry to either Southern Spain or Portugal and driving across Europe. But as it would be around 5-10 times as expensive as flying and also very time consuming and exhausting as my girlfriend doesn't have a license so I would do all the driving. We'll just have to wait and see what our budget and schedule allows.
    It might be incredibly expensive but I have always wanted to do a road trip across Europe. If only I could somehow bring my car over temporarily

A little update, the previous owner is still trying to fix the fine - so still crossing my fingers. I've ordered a new M-Badge (45€) and a new gear knob (80€) as the old one was a bit worn.

I also recently passed the technical inspection without any worries, which was nice.

I'm still madly in love with the car. The ride is lovely and the acceleration even more rewarding, you only need the smallest space for overtaking. The car feels so stable and the power endless that you could easily double the normal motorway speed... and still the car has plenty to give! Scary.

...and still you always have the space to give a ride to a few friends (or clients) with luggage. A car I wholeheartedly recommend!

Here we are enjoying a day out:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Wow, that totally sucks. Some people just are assholes (referring to the badge incident), and the fine is just a horrible coincidence.

/fap
    Looks like fun.
    Have you gotten it to any trackdays or have you stuck to backroad blasts/hooliganism ()?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information