Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge viper vs F16 is this true?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dodge viper vs F16 is this true?

Hiya
    guys,
    a friend of mine mailed me the following story, how many of you came across this story, is that true? if it is true then can anyone elaborate tha story again if you dont mind, or can anyone give me any related link where ic an fin pics or more info about this intresting pice of info. n thx a lot for your awesome response on my first thread. the story is as follows

you will be surprised to know that in one
    replies-belive it or not, they showed a race between
    doge viper and f16 fighter plane. The race was like
    this, they both start from zero and since the plane is
    on groud before take off, they fixed a distance that
    was to be covered. Now the thing is people think that
    the best figher plane can win this race without any
    prob. and yes it won, but only in photo finish, plane
    nose was fraction ahead of car at the line.

Naveen

Monster Bullsh*t. A Ferrari F1 car only fractionally beat an F16.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Monster Bullsh*t. A Ferrari F1 car only fractionally beat an F16.
    Not only that but as well a Viper is not a European Car.

Thx for that opinion :Exige:

its true
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

look viper Vs F16

and the finish

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

It depends on the distance I suppose. If the race was to 1,000 feet, then they would prob. be about even, but after that, it'd be F16 ownage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It depends on the distance I suppose. If the race was to 1,000 feet, then they would prob. be about even, but after that, it'd be F16 ownage.
    if it'd be more f16 would fly away...
    12 cylinders or walk!

Hiya
    Dino, didnt realise that, how can i shift this post to american forum?
    Naveen

Quote Originally Posted by guyonblackYBX
    Hiya
    Dino, didnt realise that, how can i shift this post to american forum?
    Naveen
    Only the gods of moderation can do that.

Michael Schumacher lost to a Eurofighter over 900 and 1200 metres, but was fractionally ahead at 600 metres.

If an F16 is slower than a Eurofighter from a standing start, and the "race distance" was relatively short, 4-500 metres for example, then the Viper could win.

Or you could just use Google
    http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...dge_viper_f16/
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    "The idea was originally concocted by Tony Estes, a past president of the Viper Club of America, and Cameron White, who were both honorary base commanders at the time."
    I think not. I think a F1 raced a F18 in Australia and this cr@p pops up nearly every year. Initially a jet will take more time to accelerate than almost any high powered car. It obviously all comes down to the length of the race. but these races are not about winners anyway.
    Last edited by crisis; 09-29-2005 at 07:57 PM.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

oh and there was always this viper ...

New Dodge Viper Stages Low-Altitude Dogfight Against Air Force F-16

In a head-to-head match up of tire-shredding horsepower against high-flying afterburner thrust, the new 500 hp Dodge Viper SRT-10 challenged the United States Air Force's leading multi-role fighter in acceleration trials held at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.

The event was held March 23-24 2002, as part of the annual Luke Days air show. "Ripley's Believe It Or Not," TBS Superstation's original reality series hosted by Dean Cain, was on hand to tape the race. The program will air the outcome of the race July 10.

"It was an absolutely awesome ride," said Herb Helbig, Senior Manager, Vehicle Synthesis, Performance Vehicle Operations (PVO) at DaimlerChrysler Corp. "Ripley's got us racing the jet both times -- with and without afterburners -- using the Dodge Viper SRT-10 and the Competition Coupe. There were almost 140,000 people in attendance, and they were all lining the fences cheering their hearts out for their favorite Viper."

Billed as "Viper vs. Viper," the race pitted car against jet in a side-by-side, standing-start, 1/2-mile drag race on parallel air base runways. Dodge Vipers raced the F-16 -- nicknamed the "Viper" -- to the speed at which the jet became airborne: approximately 150 mph. The Dodge Viper covered the course in around 15 seconds.

Both the first and second days' races featured a pre-production version of the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible, driven by Helbig, against the Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon, flown at military power by Captain Glen "Nugget" Richards of the 309th Fighter Squadron (known as the "Wild Ducks") based at Luke AFB.

Each day then pitted a prototype 2003 Dodge Viper Competition Coupe against another F-16 Viper flown by Captain Dan Potas -- call sign "Scrappy" -- also from the Wild Ducks. For the second showdown, DaimlerChrysler's PVO team would tap more horsepower and make their runs on racing slicks, while the USAF countered with a takeoff run at full afterburner.

In the "tale of the tape," the F-16 boasts approximately 25,000 pounds of thrust in a compact, 19,000-pound package capable of more than 1,500 mph. In comparison, the Dodge Viper's 500-plus pound-feet of torque, 3,357-pound curb weight and 190 mph top speed earn it the honor of being America's Ultimate Sportscar.

"It was a chance for us to have a little fun," added Helbig. "We're proud of the Dodge Viper's performance capabilities, and this was a chance to race for bragging rights against one of the few things capable of matching the Viper's acceleration. We're also very proud to have been invited here to support Luke Air Force Base and our nation's military."

The Luke Days air show is hosted by the USAF 56th Fighter Wing, the nation's largest, under the command of Brig. General Steve Sargeant. Luke AFB is the primary training ground for United States F-16 pilots, playing a key role in U.S. national defense.

The Competition Coupe's predecessor -- called the Dodge Viper GTS-R -- earned five international GT championships including the 1999 and 2000 American Le Mans Series GTS Class titles, and the 1997-1999 FIA GT Championships. The Viper finished 1-2 in the Le Mans 24 Hours GTS class in three consecutive years and notched an overall win at the 2000 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, the first for an American production-based car.

Next

New Dodge Viper Stages Low-Altitude Dogfight Against Air Force F-16

I thought you meant over a proper distance ... not something that short!

whoever thinks the f-16 is the best fighter is a dumbass
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Thread Information