Thread: Save The Ring -- Ja Zum Nurburgring

Save The Ring -- Ja Zum Nurburgring

An article FINALLY from Top Gear - only been banging on to their editorial staff ( magazine and show ) for 2 years !

It's getting critically close to being a forced sale to private individuals with no control over what they chose to do with it

So join SaveTheRing and Ja Zum Nurburgring on facebook and show support and bang on to any local media you know who purport to have an interest in motorsport and keep pushing for the loop to stay in public use !!

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheRing?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jazu...gring/?fref=ts

Don't be afraid - facebook offers translation and you can always select text and right click "translate" to get it in your language.

Click below for full size readable TG mag article
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Spotted this offer from Dunlop and just HAD to do a themed livery.

Something similar to my own

PLEASE click on the link and vote for it.
    I reckon if we can get it into the top of the chart then it will be a talking point.
    So spread the news and get everyone voting !!!!

Dunlop has this competition running, vote here: http://apps.facebook.com/designthedr...ery/design/512
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-06-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Come on guys, we were doing well but it's stalled

Need to get to #1 position so we can embarrass the politicians and some in the industry about the situation at the 'Ring.

Imagine Dunlop stickering their Le Mans supported car like this.
    Go and vote to add to our own bit of "anarchy" protest

http://apps.facebook.com/designthedr...ery/design/512

Spread the word to all your facebook friends !!!!!!

I'm just curious, and it's a question that's probably been asked before, but why can't the automakers bring together some money and buy up the Nurburgring?

Because they don't have bags of money lying around to spend on that.
    ALSO all the big ones already have their own dedicated testing close to their R&D facilities.
    So the 'Ring, is always a secondary test for them.
    When the crooks were in financial squeeze they increased charges to industry by multiples. One MAJOR international left. The others threatened to leave.
    If it's too expensive then they can't afford the risk

IF they all pooled together to use it then it would reflect the plans of the last charletans who saw hardly ANY tourist days, pushing public access in to a a few hours from end of working day till sun set or 7pm. UNWORKABLE - and hence why it didn't work for them.

Who would operate it ?
    Sheez even when in partnership on a platform they can't work well together

Who would handle conflict of use ?

Unless they handed it over as a "trust" to be operated by a local committee it would hit the same issues as before.

Where have privately operated roads ever actually worked ? It certainly doesn't in the Uk

It needs an equivalent of a Carnegie to "gift" it back to the community. Sadly those with money today only seem to want to hoard it or to make even obscenely more

I did my part...and posted it onto a friends popular FB page, guaranteed it will now be seen by lots of vintage racing drivers and fans!

Sorry to open this old thread, but Matra, the stickers you gave me were the just the start. Last Sunday I did my part as the only Dutch person present. I hope the actions of Sabine Schmidt (who looks way older in real life by the way) will help preserve the 'Ring and provide a durable solution for the region and the automotive scene. My effort was rewarded with this fun photo on their Facebook page, basically one of the few focusing on the cars instead of the event.

Summarizing, we started off in Neuwied. We gathered at a rather small parking. After an attempt to speak to Malu Dreyer the bundesland-president failed the convoy gathered and after an open discussion with (amongst others) Sabine we started off. The Polizei did an excellent job in guiding us; all intersections were blocked and the tempo was slow but safe. Even a section of Autobahn was closed off.
    Halfway we made a stop at a truck parking. It was completely filled with cars. Amazing to see. It took half an hour for all cars to gather again. Then the convoy headed of to Mendig. We were treated to a rather poor band and some speeches. I took the oppurtunity to get Bratwurst and coffee. Basically lots of cheering, boo-ing and a speech by Malu Dreyer promising she'd do her best but could make no guarantees.

PS: yes, the car is in 'winter mode'. Raised sky-high and on winter tyres..
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-29-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Thread Information