Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Blackhawk Collection

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    posting from the press room at the historics... i havent seen an F1, doesnt mean one isnt here. The fearless leaders do have some shots of it at the quail, but I was covering Concorso, so none there, (but a lot of tasty other stuff). There is a lot of cool non-racing stuff in the paddock here, including a Veyron, EB110, and Enzo. I'll look for the F1.
    There was one F1 in the paddock of the Historics, a Williams FW07....(there was a McLaren F1 at Quail)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    There was one F1 in the paddock of the Historics, a Williams FW07....(there was a McLaren F1 at Quail)
    i didnt see that. damn. im amazed you are back to the hotel already. traffic sucked.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i didnt see that. damn. im amazed you are back to the hotel already. traffic sucked.
    it took about 20 minutes to get out of the Salinas gate and that was it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    i envy you cmc.... good pictures though!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
    Well it was worth a try. Thanks for the reply.

There is at least one F1 in Monterey this weekend - a silver road car. The owner said it would be at the Quail on Friday. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a red road car in the paddock at the Historics today and there could always be others that will show up in photos later.

They are rather elusive cars, but hopefully you will cross paths with one eventually.

>8^)
    ER
    Hi Erik, good to see you drop in from time to time. The silver F1 was at Quail, and I think you will be able to confirm that it is the same car that was in the Pebble Tour a number of years ago....
    I could not find one in the paddock of the Historics, and I did my rounds there today. If needed my feet will testify.

Glad to hear you are having fun Pieter!

I should be up there too. I was going to make a run up tomorrow for Pebble Beach at least, but even that isn't going to happen now. Probably next year...

Anyway, yes - same F1 from 2005, chassis #068. Different owner now - this time from Boston. He will have his new Bertone Mantide on display at Pebble tomorrow - hopefully you'll get a chance to speak to him there. He seems like a great guy and a serious car enthusiast.

They actually drove the Mantide across the USA to get it to Monterey, and the F1 covered a lot of the ground as well under its own power, sometimes ducking into the trailer to keep it under the yearly mileage limitation that our laws impose. The owner's Scud Spider 16M and Ferrari 612 came along as well.

>8^)
    ER
    Last edited by Peloton25; 08-15-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Thread Information