Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Estoque the first pictures and information

Lamborghini Estoque the first pictures and information

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

The wait is finally over: Lamborghini has released the first pictures and details of the much anticipated Estoque. To be launched tomorrow at the Paris Motor Show, the show car signals a new direction for the Italian manufacturer. Following competitors Maserati, Aston Martin and Porsche, Lamborghini looks set to venture out into the 'sports-sedan' market. The Estoque is a combination of a very masculine four-door centre section with a nose and tail that clearly draw inspiration from the current Gallardo and Murcielago models. As of now Lamborghini refers to it as a concept car, but the press release is filled with suggestions of features and specification that could make it onto the production version. Not surprising these include the existing powerplants, but also a V8 hybrid engine. The name itself is again a reference to bull fighting; an estoque is a 90 cm sword used by the matador.
    We will be on the show-floor the next two days and will compile all the releases and developments in the familiar, well-illustrated show report. If there are more surprises like the Estoque, it could become a most memorable 'Mondial.'

2008 Lamborghini Estoque Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I, for one, welcome our new foor-door overlords.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Double-You Tee Eff.

Isn't Lamborghini part of VAG by way of Audi? I.e. a specialty supercar marque? Why does selling a 4door lamborghini make sense?

Are we going to see Lamborghini SUVs and a Lamborghini subcompact hatchback next? Maybe a 1.4L Lamborghini economy hybrid with 97hp?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

honestly, i was not impressed. the back door looks like a tumor...

I like it! It's like another take on the Quattroporte (or first gen. Bangle 7 series), something is not right (or ugly ) that make it interesting. The hips are a bit 2008 Camaro but that has probably something to do with the color.

Horrible looks + it goes against everything that Lamborghini is.

It's only a cocnept at the moment guys. Yes its a saloon but who cares, Lambos are supposed to be shocking and in that department I think they have succeded. I like it.

Just so long as they don't put it into production.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's like the old bull has been put out to pasture and calmly graze.
    You can call me scott.

1) I don' think it looks that bad. Compared to the Panamera it looks like a work of art.
    2) I agree, they should go back to making tractors, because that's what Lamborghini's really are.
    Truth is, this is effectively a modern Espada, which, if memory serves me correctly, was released only two years after the Miura, but this just happens to have 4doors, due to practicality and the fact it'll be easier to climb into the back of it than if it was two doors only.

I like it, and i think it's a good idea, like the Rapide.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's like the old bull has been put out to pasture and calmly graze.
    That's because people only remember the silly mid engined supercars.

But Ferrucio's primary aim was to create the world's best grand tourer.

He'd probably love this car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Double-You Tee Eff.

Are we going to see Lamborghini SUVs ?

We've already seen Lamborghini SUVs, 20 years ago. The LM002 shared the 455 hp V-12 with the Countach. It was a monster and it was so ugly it was cool.
    This saloon doesn't look like a Lamborghini at all. The nose looks like Mitsubishi tried to integrate Enzo elements into their lineup. It seems more like the spirit child of an Aston Martin Lagonda Bulldog.

Lamborghini's first car was a front engined GT.

It actually looks kinda alright.

At least it avoids the bulbous rear end of the Porsche thing.

edit- I love the Italian flag on the side ala 1980's Oldsmobile Cutlass.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I think they can pull it off, but I was hoping for more of a two-door four seater, a la a 612 rival. It'd be more in keeping with past models and be able to have better visual links to the rest of the range.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I think they can pull it off, but I was hoping for more of a two-door four seater, a la a 612 rival. It'd be more in keeping with past models and be able to have better visual links to the rest of the range.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    1) I don' think it looks that bad. Compared to the Panamera it looks like a work of art.
    So do I.
    If they produce it rappers and the liek will gobble it up, but it just seems fundamentally wrong.
    Thanks for the update W, brilliant as usual.
    EDIT: Accordig to Road & Track estoque is the matador's killing slice . Ferrer?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information