Thread: Medal Of Honour Airbourne

Medal Of Honour Airbourne

Has anybody seen the trailer that has appeared on Xbox live?

Thoughts?

Looks quite tidy to be honest, got a long wait for it though.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I've seen the airborne trailer.

All I can say is, it still features the awkward FPS style that all medal of honor games have used since allied assault. EA are in an awkward situation with this one. Activision have COD3 which although the worst COD game still looks better than this. They've smartly moved on to cover other genres. Ubisoft have Brother In Arms which is undoubtedly going to be the best WWII shooter this year.

The only hope Airborne has is to target the consoles commercial audience.

EDIT: Here's the gameplay trailer. They need to take a leaf out of Infinity Ward's book. That gameplay is so arcade style. I dont know why EA have taken MOA on an 'cartoon-esque' theme for WWII. I dont know about anyone else but the last 2 MOA games I've been confused the way they mix non-fiction with cartoony characters and gameplay. No wonder half the crew left before Allied Assault to form COD.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-05-2007 at 06:21 AM.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it.. I'll have another look later on tonight and give my comments then..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Ill probably end up getting it for my dad for his birthday or Christmas or something...

i fail to see how thats cartoonesque?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    as in there's too much random shit going on, they completely failed to have an authentic battelfield and made it too busy and cartoon-like, just like COD3.
    and on that note, COD4>this
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    if you play all the COD games made by infinity ward. The characters show clear signs of war-struck distress, they actually look like real soldiers. Act like real soldiers.

MOA always seems to take the other approach. Their characters always seem to have comical faces and bodies. That instead make you giggle when you should see a serious WWII fighter. The same goes for the gameplay and the way people die. Its as if they deliberately take an arcade-style approach to WWII.

see the MOH Pacific Assault soldier:

and the COD2 soldier:

Thread Information