Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vista Exclusive Games

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    It seemed like you were the one calling casual gamers like myself arseholes because we don't run uber mega 1337 comps that we built off of NewEgg's hardware sales.. resulting in a shortage of games for PC.
    And you were the one calling everybody with a good gaming PC braggers for e-penis. We're just trying to keep up with the industry, that's all, otherwise I'd get a quad-core plus another 8800GTX. Most PC gamers like myself don't care about e-penis, yet we love to be Bob the builder.

Anyway, back on topic.

I don't like switching to Vista either because of the cost of OS itself. Sure it's less than that of XP when it first launched but hell, it's still not cheap for over $100. Oh well at least we're given over half a year to switch before tempting Vista-exclusive DX10 games to come out, and that's probably the only think MS did right.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    And you were the one calling everybody with a good gaming PC braggers for e-penis.
    75% of the time the above is true, and.. it was in retaliation.

And the other 25% is still true but wasn't in retaliation, just like what you did in my 8800GTX thread, as if I must've been trying to claim e-penis just because I was in effort to let people know about a product.

Let's stay on topic......
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    not looking foward to it.

a must have imo..

didn't like the first, have the second on 360, pointless to get it on pc. before you start the 'zomg keyboard and mouse is bettar!!1!' i don't give a shit.

lmao, PC gaming is like a wasteland right now...oh sure crysis is coming...but you need like a ninja computer, and i swear that game is more about botany than anything else

well..the pc gaming industry is pretty much for us the only people who have 'ninja computers' these days. Otherwise, most games dont even support the average family computer.

I'm not sure about the keyboard and mouse thing if you're talking about Rainbow 6 or not. Obviously there are more than 2 rainbow 6 games but Vegas once again is made for high end PC's. In my experience. The vast majority of people would find it more enjoyable on 360. However with a high end pc the experience is more rewarding and ofcourse the topic you want to avoid.. FPS is timelessly better on PC. As is the RTS genre. Which are a few reasons why PC excels in certain areas. If you look at the recent lineup of PC releases. Supreme commander, tiberium wars, and last years company of heroes. All RTS games for pc. The latest 'good' FPS games are also all on PC. These are all the reasons why its always best to keep updated in the PC gaming industry. For me personally, because these are exactly the sort of games I want to play. May be different for others.

I wouldnt call it a wasteland though. I'm always into a PC game single player campaign at some point in time. New releases are always on the go. Granted console releases are much more publicised and more wide-spread. Given the new consoles as of late. Before that it was the other way round. Now consoles can play the sort of games a high end pc has to offer, the pc gaming lineup takes a step back for a short while. But DX10 is on its way. Years like 2006-7 are inevitable and always have been. Late 2007 and 2008 onwards is the rise of the Modern gaming industry and once again PC is the first to step forward. Contrary to what sony and microsoft will have you believe. So I wouldnt worry too much.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 02-21-2007 at 04:49 AM.

i never keep my computer up to date as you do; rather, i do it in cycles of say 2 years or so because by then there's been a build-up of decent games so the investment is actually worthwhile. For the majority of the time it's consoles that keep me entertained, as they usually have a more constant stream of games so it makes sense to prioritize consoles over PC until there's a compelling reason to do otherwise.
    Plus, as a social gamer, there's more chance my friends will have a console so i can just hit them up for a 4-player co-op game of RB6 or whatever.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah. i suppose that comes under a completely different denomination of gaming. As is to comply to different types of gaming i.e social or personal. In that respect, consoles are pc are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    FPS is timelessly better on PC. As is the RTS genre.

rather.

Let's stay on topic......
    My insult was on topic.

Right, 'pro gamers'.

I have my console (SexBox 360) because I'm a casual gamer. I like to get a couple games of Fifa in with friends, and the same applies with Madden. When I feel like pwning enemies I'll switch the sports game for Gears of War or Halo.. it's just a fun timewaster.

Yes, you're uber-mega PC's with $300+ dollar video cards and 2 gigs of ram are teh coolest, on internet penis-measuring forums though. Wait, I meant gaming forums, sorry... typo.

It's not bullshit, it's life.
    My insult was on topic.
    None of what you said was related to Vista games, but rather offensive statements against PC gamers, plus you just announced that you broke the #1 forum guideline. You really don't have to attack every PC-related thread, you know. Blame the systems, not the people.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

None of what you said was related to Vista games, but rather offensive statements against PC gamers, plus you just announced that you broke the #1 forum guideline. You really don't have to attack every PC-related thread, you know. Blame the systems, not the people.
    It was related to Cotterik's post. I didn't mean it was in relation to games for Vista... which in a way it kind of is anyway.

I know.. you hate me as a moderator.

It was related to Cotterik's post. I didn't mean it was in relation to games for Vista... which in a way it kind of is anyway.

I know.. you hate me as a moderator.
    Only if you intend to think that way, I just wanted you to think that having a better PC doesn't mean bigger e-penis. The gaming industry is pushing hard these days and we need the hardwares to keep up with new games at desirable settings, even if it means more time on maintenance than playing.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

i wish i was an elite moderatorz.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    i wish i was an elite moderatorz.
    0N1Y th3 1337est c4n b3 a m0d

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    0N1Y th3 1337est c4n b3 a m0d
    This is true.. but for some reason, Drakkie isn't a mod. I suppose there are exceptions.

Thread Information