Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Student arrested & expelled for making a map of his school for shooter game

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Suspension isn't a big deal. I think a couple of days would be justified for mapping the school in a fps game.
    I'd agree to that too. It'd be taken as an offense for sure; but to feel threatened by a kid who keeps a hammer in his room to fix his haggard bed is pushing it, in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I'd agree to that too. It'd be taken as an offense for sure; but to feel threatened by a kid who keeps a hammer in his room to fix his haggard bed is pushing it, in my books.
    Definitely. There are so many absurd objects in people's rooms these days that people accuse as weapons it's just gotten out of hand.

Just in my dorm room I have a can of zippo lighter fluid, a multi-purpose tool, a small tool box, some knives (as utensils), bleach, and some alcohol. If someone wanted to, they can arrest me for suspicion of something.

Suspension isn't a big deal. I think a couple of days would be justified for mapping the school in a fps game.
    I wouldnt even go as far as to say suspension is justified. If I made a full 3D map of my college for a game, my teachers would be impressed. They wouldnt suddenly think 'oh sh*t he's practising a massacre!'. Stuff like that can be used as part of your portfolio for graphics design or game developing.

For those who are familiar with the Gary's Mod for Half Life 2, you can manipulate all the maps and characters with the program and i've known many people in my college to create their own comic skitting teachers and other students using HL2 bots, making classrooms with it based on the college. That includes guns in it but its for entertainment. Its no different here.

funny though http://home.earthlink.net/~rmedrano3/id1.html
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-04-2007 at 02:06 AM.

Rumours abound that Microsoft's latest patch for all old copies of Flight Simulator removes the twin towers...

so that al qaeda cant practise flying into them on it? this is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    so that al qaeda cant practise flying into them on it? this is pathetic.
    Probably for realism reasons. If not, then to avoid idiots making a fuss about it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Definitely. There are so many absurd objects in people's rooms these days that people accuse as weapons it's just gotten out of hand.

Just in my dorm room I have a can of zippo lighter fluid, a multi-purpose tool, a small tool box, some knives (as utensils), bleach, and some alcohol. If someone wanted to, they can arrest me for suspicion of something.
    What would drive you to do such a terrible thing...as to be prepared for camping.

Jesus Christ, you can't even have a HAMMER in your room now if you're suspected?

There is NO crime here. There is NO law that I know of that says, I can not model my school for a game like Counter-Strike.

This is just the school being a bunch of paranoid wienies.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

lol i made a map of my high school for gloom on the amiga way back

Thread Information