View Poll Results: Which one should I go for???

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

16 72.73%
  • PS3

6 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Descisions

Descisions

Ok, so here is the deal. Recently I received a check in the mail from some bonds that were given to me and had reached maturity. So I was looking at a peice of paper entitling to me $360 CAD and I decided that I wanted to upgrade my gaming system. I currently have an Xbox and a PS2 and now I want either a 360 or PS3. I know that everyone says that the 360 is better but I wanna hear some reasoning from you guys. I would be getting around $150 in trade in value because I would be trading in almost everything of what I have now. So if you want to just list the pros and cons of each I hope I can come closer to enjoying a new gen of gaming. (And since I know its coming PC isnt an option)
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Xbox live doesn't lag like gamespy does.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

XBOX 360- More options for online, HD-DVD built in, more games. Don't forget PGR3, Forza 2, Halo 3.
    cons- microsoft, HD-DVD, PAY for the online.

PS3- new system, Blu-Ray included, and more multimedia. Also, Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid...5, Killzone 2.
    Cons- pretty damn expensive, not exactly flying off the shelves, Blu Ray= not compatible with normal DVDs.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I heard that despite Sony claiming otherwise, there's no big difference between the 360 and PS3. Same gameplay, no real visible difference in graphics, same speed etc.

Only thing that is different is the pricing...

If that's true, then I find myself voting for the (I bow my head in shame) Microsoft product in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Cons- pretty damn expensive, not exactly flying off the shelves, Blu Ray= not compatible with normal DVDs.
    Uhh how's that a con?

I would personally go for the free online PS3 or perhaps an Xbox Elite. Oooh didn't think of that one

Oh I forgot to mention, I dont do any online gaming, and probably wont start
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy View Post
    You have to give it a chance. XBOX Live may sound expensive at roughly $50 a year, but it adds so much more to the gaming experience.

I would STRONGLY recommend the SexBox 360 over the PSex3, speaking from personal experience w/ both.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    XBOX 360- More options for online, HD-DVD built in, more games. Don't forget PGR3, Forza 2, Halo 3.
    cons- microsoft, HD-DVD, PAY for the online.

PS3- new system, Blu-Ray included, and more multimedia. Also, Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid...5, Killzone 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Uhh how's that a con?

I would personally go for the free online PS3 or perhaps an Xbox Elite. Oooh didn't think of that one
    Considering if PS3 still uses Gamespy to host their online games, I would much rather pay to play online then get lagged out of servers, and rooms all day. Gamespy is utter shit, always has been, and always will. Only reason I got a 360 over a PS3.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy View Post
    neither did i, until i got xbox live
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

a little fact, incase it helps

Almost Half of all the PS3's bought in the first month, were taken back the next

and i think Microsoft is more reliable

I hate to say this but since ive been using the 360 controller for the pc, I've grown attatched to it. Its a great controller, i like it alot better than the PS controller, and if i could play a console with the choice of the two, id take the xbox, its cheaper too. I have mostly been a playstation fan for all my life, but i really struggle to see the advantages of getting a ps3, other than blu-ray.

blu-ray is bullcrap anyway, you pay like three times more for a movie, and only get twice the quality. i dont think its gonna replace DVD, because their just too commonplace

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Uhh how's that a con?
    You don't have a lot of people to bitch about your problems with.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I think both HD-DVD and BluRay has been shot down before they took off. Google the HVD.

Uh what about a Wii if you're not playing online?

Thread Information