Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 killed X360

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I don't like PlayStation, I have a 1997 Playstation but it's rubbish. 'DUH' I hear you all say... Then in 2003 I moved to Xbox, I love how they work so much, especially the controllers, now I find it difficult to use PS controlers, oh well, not my loss... I hate how one new console comes out and then the other company has to bring out a new one to try beating it, who really cares..!? At the end of the day it's personal preferences when it come to buying one. Next month I'm going to splash out on a new Xbox360, steering wheel, games and a racing chair that you connect your wheel and pedals to to add to the experience. No PS3 for me thanks.
    Amen. Playstation controllers are so uncomfortable. PS3 costs like.. way more than a Xbox360, it can play PS2 games but.. it lags really badly. Everyone agree ?
    My motto: Quality over quantity.

PS3 sales are nothing fabulous and the Wii is a runaway success on all levels. The 360 on the other hand is stable, though Japan and some area's of asia are, and never will be (unfortunately) a strong market for it. I hope the PS3 die's an uncomfortable death at the hands of Nintendo and Microsoft
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

why??

^ x2
    competition is good for the market...if the playstation died, there's less pressure for the xbox to improve...
    although that said sony has done a great job of stuffing up the PS3 lmao
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    If the playstation died, there's less pressure for the xbox to improve.
    Do you actually think microsoft set out to improve gaming, afaik their game plan was do be the dominate company in the market within 3 console generations not to add anything the world of gaming just to make as much money in the process.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    Do you actually think microsoft set out to improve gaming, afaik their game plan was do be the dominate company in the market within 3 console generations not to add anything the world of gaming just to make as much money in the process.
    Yeah. that was quite evident when they released the 360 so early. and also the fact that their benchmark titles (i.e halo) are pretty dull games. The 360's glory comes with its price. The developers choose to make the games for it because more people will own it, therefore its more sales for everyone, more money for everyone. More money for microsoft. End of the world 2010!

although i do remember reading an article that said microsoft were losing money with the xbox. In the year before the 360 was released, the xbox was a non-profitable organisation! So yeah maybe you're right. Maybe they planned to dominate the console market within 3 console generations, make money by the 3rd generation and not add anything to the world of gaming in either generation
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-16-2007 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    and sony is different how?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Although obviously a part of it, I dont get the impression Sony created the playstation franchise to make money. In 1994 I saw it as a way to evolve its home entertainment range. It used a box that played CDs as well as games that plugged into your TV. That was a very 'Sony' thing to do. But still, given their financial position, i think it was more of an opportunistic approach to the entertainment industry. The gaming market was very quiet at the time, but has grown very rapidly amongst the 3 main console developers since and now its a war to dominate the market I say that's down to Microsofts sudden and heavy introduction into the Sony vs Nintendo fight. Which was quite balanced at the time. As the audiences were very different for each platform. Now the microsoft turned it into a war which can only define the winner by which is more powerful and which is cheaper. They practically play the same games.

Oh, how I miss the good old days

Nothing knew. So many 360's break it's not funny.

Then there's the Wii, which manages to break everything except the console itself. Lights, TVs, roofs, walls, kids, cats, dogs...

Edit: The amount of broken 360s is actually very funny.
    All about the t-tops

lol, mine actually broke within the first 35 seconds of starting it up.
    JB hi fi replaced it with a new one 30 min later

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Although obviously a part of it, I dont get the impression Sony created the playstation franchise to make money.
    It was to dig the knife into Nintendo.

That'd seem like Sony was trying to make enemys out of a company that it had never rivaled before or been in the same media category as before, but it did effectively work out that way, yes

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    and sony is different how?
    In many ways there not, pushing there own propriety formate's(umd,bd,memorystick) doesn't help improve the gaming market just Sony's bottom line.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_ View Post
    PS3 sales are nothing fabulous and the Wii is a runaway success on all levels. The 360 on the other hand is stable, though Japan and some area's of asia are, and never will be (unfortunately) a strong market for it. I hope the PS3 die's an uncomfortable death at the hands of Nintendo and Microsoft
    In a couple of years time the PS3's price will free fall - at which time Microsoft and Nintendo will die an uncomfortable death at the hands of Sony.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    In a couple of years time the PS3's price will free fall - at which time Microsoft and Nintendo will die an uncomfortable death at the hands of Sony.
    Because clearly Sony are making so much money that they can afford a price drop

I seriously doubt Nintendo would ever die since they design their hardware to only make money not lose it and they always have Pokemon to fall back on, and Microsoft are Microsoft so can bankroll there Hardware as long as they want.
    Last edited by syko; 05-16-2007 at 05:47 AM.

Thread Information