Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park makes fun of Irwin death.

South Park makes fun of Irwin death.

Quote Originally Posted by News.com.au
    South Park has revealed an episode in which Irwin attends a fancy dress party in hell with a stingray sticking out of his chest.

Irwin died on September 4 when a stingray barb pierced his chest while diving on the Great Barrier Reef.

"We have offended people in the past and probably will again,'' a South Park spokesman told a London newspaper.

The episode had been scheduled to air in the US on Wednesday (Oct 25).

An SBS spokesperson said in all likelihood the episode would be broadcast in Australia but probably not until 2008.

The timing could not be worse after Mr Irwin's eight-year-old daughter today announced she would launch her first DVD Bindi Kidfitness which features her famous father.
    These people are just pathetic.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Not suprising,i dislike the fact that it is too soon, but I knew that Trey Parker and Matt Stone would eventually include Irwin in an episode. The thing is Adrenaline, they have done it all before, but some people dislike it, some dont, this is just the same scenario with someone alot of us like more than the other people they have included in south park
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Here's the scene for those that want to judge for themselves - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2yy3o0c28

To be honest the scene really isn't that bad, in fact it's fairly tame by South Park's usual standards. It was always gonna provoke a reactionary OTT from the media who leap to conclusions without even seeing the clip. The "Diana Effect" is clearly still in full swing. It's not at all suprising that they've done this, they've parodied Steve Irwin before in the past so they were always gonna include the Irwin death.

Previous Irwin appearance on SP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBwRE4bo30o
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

meh..it was always gonna happen, it doesn't particularly bother me that SP didn't wait for some obscure arbitrary 'time limit' before poking fun at it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    The thing is Adrenaline, they have done it all before, but some people dislike it, some dont, this is just the same scenario with someone alot of us like more than the other people they have included in south park
    Blitz you've nailed that

I've heard a few close-to-the-bone jokes about Peter Brock - yes in very bad taste but still pretty funny imho

So why obsess about Irwin?

its tv! what do you expect.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 10-28-2006 at 06:18 AM.

Thing is they make fun of everyone, and if you've seen the scene it really wasn't that bad...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

How the hell is that offensive? I don't udnerstand at all.

If people are searching for South Park flaming Steve Irwin, they should go watch the episode in which he goes around trying to stick his thumb up every crocodile's butthole.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Some people just like to moan about things because they have nothing else to do with their boring, pointless 9-to-5 lives. These people are what are technically known as 'Boring f*ckwhits who aren't EVER getting laid because they're too busy sitting infront of the fire with a glass of wine moaning because they can hear a squirrel in their backyard'. This people will hopefully die soon ... hopefully.

I hope people make fun of my death if I die. Of course, I'm not gonna die because I'm too awesome, so don't suddenly get your hopes up.

I too hate those who complain about every single thing that bothers/offends them. Don't like it, don't watch it, and quit ruining it for those who do want to watch.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

What hasn't South Park made fun of?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I was expecting something like this to happen sooner or later. It's not the first time South Park has offended anyone. Things like this happen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    What hasn't South Park made fun of?
    Bonne ... it's too kool for skool to have any kind of piss taken out of it. Some say by the time you start taking the piss out of it, it has already run you down. Is this true? Is this also the case for 1.8T?

South Park once tried to race a 1.8T. I have the pictures of the aftermath on my computer, but they're too graphic for small children.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information