0 0%
  • Rijoh

2 3.17%
  • johnnynumfiv

7 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp 50 Special Weekly Automotive Photo Contest [VOTING]

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    The picture isn't great, but the situation is superb.

Yes it was. I guess he was betrayed by his equipment. With a decent camera that would be a perfect shot. At list it demands more skills than shooting a standing F430.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    I would have to say that henk is getting very lucky this comp...In my personal opinion, your picture is terrbile, nothing special about it at all. No offense, I've liked your picture's before, but this one is not good at all.
    I see you voted for a standing Viper on a pic that in my opinion would be much better without any car at all. Obviously tastes differ
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I would have to say that henk is getting very lucky this comp...In my personal opinion, your picture is terrbile, nothing special about it at all. No offense, I've liked your picture's before, but this one is not good at all.
    Judging from your vote it's a matter of taste then. It looks like the Civic rule is not applied by you.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Judging from your vote it's a matter of taste then. It looks like the Civic rule is not applied by you.

Maybe he loves Civics too much.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I see you voted for a standing Viper on a pic that in my opinion would be much better without any car at all. Obviously tastes differ
    when im vote for best pic, i consider colors, cars, angle's, everything same as you. What i don't like about your picture is how far away the car is ( cant really see it)...and how all the attention is focused on some random bike rider

no need for anyone else to defend him, i am not attacking him, its called contructive criticism

and as far as standing vs moving pics go, you cant say all moving pics are better than standing, or that standing takes no talent at all. I would go as far as saying taking a picture takes no "talent" at all. Almost every signle person in this world has the ability to see a car, point and shoot.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    because i took the pic while on assignment for UCP, and it may be used in the UCP database in the future, so it's copyrighted UCP.
    It's an excellent photo, and I probably would've voted for it if it didn't break the rules (it was taken too long ago to be an entry). Sorry Rob

when im vote for best pic, i consider colors, cars, angle's, everything same as you. What i don't like about your picture is how far away the car is ( cant really see it)...and how all the attention is focused on some random bike rider

no need for anyone else to defend him, i am not attacking him, its called contructive criticism

and as far as standing vs moving pics go, you cant say all moving pics are better than standing, or that standing takes no talent at all. I would go as far as saying taking a picture takes no "talent" at all. Almost every signle person in this world has the ability to see a car, point and shoot.
    Not all people can take a good picture of cars in movement. Almost everyone with a decent camera can take a gorgeous pic of a standing car.

Pieter pic has a special significance. Read the story about how that event got to be named Tour Auto.

The only thing I think it's worth of criticism is the focus. But that was camera's fault...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I am having some problems with Johnnynumfy's pic. Not that it is not a good one, but I am just wondering whether colours have not been manipulated beyond the rules to get the period effect. The Chaparral is of course white but the Maserati in reality looks like this.
    Thats what happens when it's black and white.
    Here's another pic I took of it but in color tho.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    It's an excellent photo, and I probably would've voted for it if it didn't break the rules (it was taken too long ago to be an entry). Sorry Rob
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i seem to remember reading about this special competition allowing any photo from 2005, hence Henk's shot as well.

edit: i just noticed that Henk's shot didn't have his date listed. it was actually taken April 30, 2005 (Tour Auto) as per the photo properties
    Last edited by <AAA-MOD>; 11-18-2005 at 01:54 PM.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

to clarify, as per the temporary rules of Comp #50:

• Only the photographs taken since the start of the year *comp 50 temporary rules* are accepted.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

just as i supspected...
    My Photography-
    [url]http://www.JTPhotos.net[/url]

[url]http://www.anything-auto.net[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    edit: i just noticed that Henk's shot didn't have his date listed. it was actually taken April 30, 2005 (Tour Auto) as per the photo properties
    In my posting I described when the picture was taken and what it represents.... I assume everybody on this site knows exactly when the Tour Auto took place
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

No offense but the picture winning isnt even a good picture. Nothing is in focus and just because its a cool car its winning. BS IMO.
    My Photography-
    [url]http://www.JTPhotos.net[/url]

[url]http://www.anything-auto.net[/url]

nice bike, plus he has my helmet

bikes and cars, good combo in my opinion.

I like the B&W pic, IMO if that were a film camera shot it would not have been seen as any violation at all....it looks almost like a peek to the past...

my shot imo is too dark...white color car messes with my camera's metering...

Thread Information