Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theres only 7 of these beauty's in the world!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    Yeah, I've seen the Lanc' of the Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) in the air with the rest of the Flight. Not seen one in 'Dambuster' spec though. I don't know if any of the origional 617 Squadron Lancs that actually flew the Dambuster raid even exist any more...
    theres about 3 i think, altoghter i saw one over the lakes ...must have been training raf pilots

my grandpa flew on the concord a few years back. lucky guy.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    theres about 3 i think, altoghter i saw one over the lakes ...must have been training raf pilots
    RAF trainee pilots use Super Tucanos, not super-rare WWII Lancasters
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Yea i go to the manchester airport viewing port every now and then, one time we went randomly and saw both the concorde and a brand new british airways 747 take off!!
    Im a big fan of world war 2 aircraft...if you havent yet, youve gotta visit the woodford air museum down south. It has everything from a spitfire to a concorde to a b-52 to the blackbird.. absolutely amazing place. It was the first place that the spitfires were hosted before the war.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    RAF trainee pilots use Super Tucanos, not super-rare WWII Lancasters
    yep, but then the good pilots get the chance to be trained to fly the BBMF planes.
    So it might have been training
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

There is a Concorde in the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, near Cambridge, never flown in one, but sitting in a plane waiting for one to take off from Heathrow was already quite an experience as even inside that plane the sound was deafening.
    In the German musuem of Sinsheim, near Heidelberg, they now have both a Concorde and a Tupolev 144 on display, the only two supersonic jetliners ever built.
    Yesterday I passed through Moscow Domodedovo airport and in front of the main building they have parked a Tupolev 114, the fastest turboprop jet ever, a fanstastic machine. Could not make a picture, I was in transit and only saw it when taking off.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ahhhh. yea ive seen a concorde down here in nz, at christchurch airport about 2 years ago.

my dad also has a model of a concorde he made, missiles, guns, bombs, just bits he has layingaround from his other modles, he manly likes trians though, he had a train track that took up 1/2 our garage (wen i was like 6)
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Thread Information