Thread: Sensor GTR

Sensor GTR

The car

The Sensor GTR is the product of a small Swedish design shop. Its founder, Ulf Bolumlid, first started out as a guitar maker, and it was not until the eighties that he finally began to transform the interest that he had always had in fast cars into designing his own sports car.

And so it was that, in 1992, the Mania Spyder was born, a kit car roadster, some 50 of which have since been produced.

Following the Mania, the Swede was grabbed by the ambition to build a road-going Le Mans racing car. And, after three years, various design concepts and one prototype, the Sensor GTR was ready for its first public airing.

Two different versions of the Sensor were built, namely the road-going GTR version and the “true” racing car in the form of a super lightweight construction.

The design
    The ultra lightweight design and the stability of this sports car was achieved by the Swedish engineers firstly with the aid of high-tech carbon-fibre composite materials, which were also used in the interior, and secondly, by using fibreglas.

The entire design concept is structured around what has now already become a classic sports car line. The GTR is by no means the extravagant, eccentric creation of a Swedish design junky living in the early 21st Century, but rather an interesting alternative for sports car enthusiasts who have not succumbed to the Italian maelstrom.

The facts

Chassis: steel tubular frame, mid-engine design that permits the fitting of engines up to 1000 bhp with 4-12 cylinders
    Body: carbon fibre
    Engine: 4.5l 70 degrees Speed 8 (V8 engine), aluminium design
    Displacement: 4475 cm
    Max. output: 450 bhp at 6750 rpm.
    Max. torque: 380 Nm at 5500 rpm.
    Weight: 750 kg
    Price: 102.600 £

The chassis

The chassis is a pure formula chassis with a mid-engine that has been modified for road usage, to enhance driving comfort, to produce a more gentle driving sensation and, of course, to comply with the regulations for road-going cars.

The chassis has been designed such that it is possible to fit engines up to 1000 bhp and with up to 12 cylinders. A slight touch of madness is today simply part of the process of entering the world of “super” sports car competition.

Links:

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/maga...0668&section=4

http://www.sensor-racing.com/main.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Quote Originally Posted by lfb666
    The car

Body: carbon fibre
    Engine: 4.5l 70 degrees Speed 8 (V8 engine), aluminium design
    Displacement: 4475 cm
    Max. output: 450 bhp at 6750 rpm.
    Max. torque: 380 Nm at 5500 rpm.
    Weight: 750 kg
    Price: 102.600 £

The chassis

The chassis is a pure formula chassis with a mid-engine that has been modified for road usage, to enhance driving comfort, to produce a more gentle driving sensation and, of course, to comply with the regulations for road-going cars.

The chassis has been designed such that it is possible to fit engines up to 1000 bhp and with up to 12 cylinders. A slight touch of madness is today simply part of the process of entering the world of “super” sports car competition.
    i am impressed by the weight of the car 750 kg ohhhh that is gr8
    but why a V8 450hp if it could fit a V12 1000hp ... doesnt make any sens why dont they put a V12 in it since it is produced for speed

nice car .. and a V8 is very good . if they would put a V12 . it would not have 750 . but maybe 900 . ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

very nice and so is its weight it would look cool in black is there a price around ne where. p.s. that second link dosent work for me
    Last edited by baddabang; 01-23-2004 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Is the company that produced the Sensor GTR still in business? Cant
    find any info on the internet anywhere.

Thread Information