Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 458 Italia 2009-2015

Ferrari 458 Italia, in high resolution
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ferrari 458 Italia, in high resolution #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    I'm in love with a new Ferrari.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

post #76, pic 3 - it looks really good there. same for pic 4 in post #77
    the front still looks like ass though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

the only thing I like about this car is its cool looking interior. Seeing it so close up front in post 77 pic 5 makes me dislike it even more from the outside. The headlights don't look good at all. Side view is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    the only thing I like about this car is its cool looking interior. Seeing it so close up front in post 77 pic 5 makes me dislike it even more from the outside. The headlights don't look good at all. Side view is the best.
    Yeah, there seems to be a whole bunch of random creases in it. It's so odd. I'm sure it's all functional, but aesthetically it's not as smooth as older Ferraris.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, there seems to be a whole bunch of random creases in it. It's so odd. I'm sure it's all functional, but aesthetically it's not as smooth as older Ferraris.
    I am itching to hear what JC will have to say about it . Nevertheless, I'm sure it will blow the doors off most other cars available. Cars are becoming so much faster with each passing year, I wonder where manufacturers or physics will draw the line. Cars like the Enzo, Carrera GT, and McLaren SLR were godlike benchmarks, but even regular production sports/supercars are catching up to them quickly now. When things can't possibly go any faster due to reasons beyond me, where will they make improvements other than styling?

When things can't possibly go any faster due to reasons beyond me, where will they make improvements other than styling?
    fuel consumption. At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster View Post
    that would be a great place to start for sure. I wouldn't mind a 300km/h+ Ferrari getting Honda Civic gas mileage around town.

I am itching to hear what JC will have to say about it . Nevertheless, I'm sure it will blow the doors off most other cars available. Cars are becoming so much faster with each passing year, I wonder where manufacturers or physics will draw the line. Cars like the Enzo, Carrera GT, and McLaren SLR were godlike benchmarks, but even regular production sports/supercars are catching up to them quickly now. When things can't possibly go any faster due to reasons beyond me, where will they make improvements other than styling?
    That's true- just look at the GT-R. Getting faster while getting cheaper.

Tires would be a good limit, unless of course the tire companies find better materials. There can only be so much friction on a small surface.

Eventually, could cars get so safe (with advanced materials and all) that designers can have full freedom in designing the exterior of cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster View Post
    That'd be a good thing to look into for every type of car, not just the Ferraris.

that would be a great place to start for sure. I wouldn't mind a 300km/h+ Ferrari getting Honda Civic gas mileage around town.
    Getting the same gas mileage and the same utility would be awesome indeed.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    I had the same thoughts as well. Personally, the average supercar could evolve into a machine capable of speeds up to 400mph. I personally think thats possible. They already have some cars that can go around 260mph. I can't imagine what the future holds for these super/sports cars.
    That could possibly be the most intelligent and contributional thing that I have ever posted on UCP.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 08-29-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That'd be a good thing to look into for every type of car, not just the Ferraris.
    They are already working on this sort of thing. I mean some cars get pretty impressive fuel consuption given the speed they can achieve.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This type of Ferrari - the smaller, more nimble, cheaper and relatively lightweight model - has always been a little more youthful in terms of appearance and attitude. it makes sense, in this iteration, to have a very modern, swoopy and sexy design. essentially, this car has panty dropping appeal.

They obviously had to make a few duds (612, 599, California) to get to this sort of thing. Hopefully the next few will be sweeter.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i think that the entire car looks great, except the front end. interior is super.

Thread Information