Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C6 ZO6 Rumors!!

C6 ZO6 Rumors!!

More and more info is being leaked from GM as the production delivery date for the C6 gets closer. The C6 Z06 is not expected to be available until fall 2005.

The basics... the Z06 will not be built on the same frame used for the C6 coupes and convertibles. It will be getting the LS7 3-valve 6.3L 500 hp engine. 95 horsepower more than the standard C6. The C6 Z06 is going to be even more different structurally to include many more aluminum and carbonfiber components. Expect to see times around 3 second 0-60, less than 90 feet 60-0, over 1.05g lateral acceleration, around 2,900 lb. curb weight, wider wheels (10" / 12", or better), larger engine and trans. oil coolers, bigger and perhaps different composition (are we talking carbon fiber???) brakes
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

im pretty sure carbon fiber isnt used for brakes. could you be talking about carbon-carbon? that's the material used in formula 1 brakes

Doubt it. They do want the Z06 to be a great performer, but keep in mind what made/makes the current Z06 so popular: bang for buck. It performs just as well as, if not better, than most other cars that cost twice as much. If they use extensive aluminum and carbon fiber and spend all this R&D on a completely unique chassis and motor, the cost will skyrocket. I doubt anyone is going to pay for a $70,000USD Chevy.

I think they will keep the Vette price tags, low $50k for the standard, up to around $56k for a fully loaded Z. They can still sqeeze 500hp from their 5.7L.

Carbon brakes won't work on a road car because they are only effective at high temperatures, like those generated when repeatedly slowing your F1 car from 180mph several hundered times in a few hours.

Not so effective on a cold January morning when you are pootling along at ~50mph with occasional light breaking.
    Thanks for all the fish

I do hope that Chevy will keep the somewhat dome-shaped roof of the current ZO6 instead of the coupe style roof.

Hey DP, can you post some more information about this or post a link. I,d like to read more about this, thanks
    Last edited by SIMPLETON; 06-11-2004 at 10:28 AM.
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    Doubt it. They do want the Z06 to be a great performer, but keep in mind what made/makes the current Z06 so popular: bang for buck. It performs just as well as, if not better, than most other cars that cost twice as much. If they use extensive aluminum and carbon fiber and spend all this R&D on a completely unique chassis and motor, the cost will skyrocket. I doubt anyone is going to pay for a $70,000USD Chevy.

I think they will keep the Vette price tags, low $50k for the standard, up to around $56k for a fully loaded Z. They can still sqeeze 500hp from their 5.7 L.
    Its expected to be around 60-70 USD. And the C6 is using the LS2 motor now, thats 6 litres, GM wont use their LS1/LS6(5.7L) anymore for the Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix
    It will be getting the LS7 3-valve 6.3L 500 hp engine. 95 horsepower more than the standard C6. The C6 Z06 is going to be even more different structurally to include many more aluminum and carbonfiber components. Expect to see times around 3 second 0-60,
    Amazing

I'll start saving for one right now!

Doesn't the McLaren SLR have carbon brakes?

have u guys found ne internet articles related to the c6 zo6 alone? if u find any, could u post the link

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    no they are actually ceramic
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    I believe that's the Carrera GT

I've talked with Dave Hill(The father of the current Corvette and the C6) and seen many of his seminars in Bowling Green, KY at the National Corvette Museum and he has stated that the C6 Z06 could see a cut in production by as much as 20% over the current Z06 numbers. He has also stated though that it will in all ways be a much more hard-core vehicle than the C6. My only fear to all of this is the fact that this lower production number could increase the price. There's also a website with this information on it, I'll try to find it and post a link later.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Hey Thinker, here's more than you could ever read for information on a C6 Z06. Some is rumor, some is heresay, and some is straight up factual. The guys here know their stuff and aren't just a bunch of adolescents spouting numbers(like sc.net):

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...?s=&forumid=97

Enjoy
    Last edited by MrVette83; 06-11-2004 at 04:07 PM.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    Hey Thinker, here's more than you could ever read for information on a C6 Z06. Some is rumor, some is heresay, and some is straight up factual. The guys here know their stuff and aren't just a bunch of adolescents spouting numbers(like sc.net):

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...?s=&forumid=97

Enjoy
    for some reason that forum alone doesn't work...the other c6 forums do work but not that one...thanks anyways tho

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I believe that's the Carrera GT
    No, that uses the PCCB (or Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake) system. Anywho, the new C6 Z06 is gonna be so awesome ^^. I can hardly wait for the final word.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Thread Information