Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C6 ZO6 Rumors!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    Hey Thinker, here's more than you could ever read for information on a C6 Z06. Some is rumor, some is heresay, and some is straight up factual. The guys here know their stuff and aren't just a bunch of adolescents spouting numbers(like sc.net):

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...?s=&forumid=97

Enjoy
    i know ur a member at digitalcorvettes.com, and so am i, but how come u could view the c6 zo6 forum, but i cant??? u got any idea why?...thats like the only forum i cant view....

i said it before ill say it again, the C6 will own, any Z model will just be iceing on the cake
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by thinker
    i know ur a member at digitalcorvettes.com, and so am i, but how come u could view the c6 zo6 forum, but i cant??? u got any idea why?...thats like the only forum i cant view....

Truthfully man, I don't have a clue at all. Kinda odd to me though.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Truthfully man, I don't have a clue at all. Kinda odd to me though.
    i think i might know the problem...when you registered did u fill out EVERYTHING or leave sum optional stuff blank? because i left a lota stuff blank...

Well thinker, it's been so long since i registered I don't remember for sure. I think i filled most everything out though.

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

Well thinker, it's been so long since i registered I don't remember for sure. I think i filled most everything out though.
    MrVette if there are any cool c6 zo6 pics in that forum could u be so kinda as to post them?

I'll be looking.

In the mean time, here's a full-sized pic of my avatar. It's supposed to be a rendering of a C6 Z06:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrVette83; 06-14-2004 at 04:54 PM.

Well, just taking a quicl glance through the archives of C6 photos I was only able to find some photochopped pics. Some are good, some are less desirable. I'll post them here anyway.

[QUOTE=MrVette83]I've talked with Dave Hill(The father of the current Corvette and the C6) and seen many of his seminars in Bowling Green, KY at the National Corvette Museum and he has stated that the C6 Z06 could see a cut in production by as much as 20% over the current Z06 numbers. He has also stated though that it will in all ways be a much more hard-core vehicle than the C6. My only fear to all of this is the fact that this lower production number could increase the price. There's also a website with this information on it, I'll try to find it and post a link later.[/QUO

And the rumor mill keeps grinding.

I'm very suprised that Dave Hill (father of an unknown number of children, not including the Corvette - BUT certainly the current Corvette Chief Engineer), would say anything about projected sales.

In a corporation the size of GM, the Corvette Chief Engineer does not comment on sales projections. That is far, far out of his juristiction. Of course, if you and Dave are big buddies, he might leak confidential information to you.

Resuming on the plane of reality, the persistent rumor coming from much lower levels than Dave Hill is that the ZR-1 engine will be converted to dry sump so that it will fit under the C6 hood. The technology will be borrowed from F1 which has been dry sump for many years. Pumping out an 8,000 RPM V-8 is much easier than dry sumping an 18,000 RPM V-10. True or not, it easy to see how 500 HP & torque could be obtained from the 32 valve ZR-1 engine with a dry sump. Mercury Marine would continue to supply the engines.

Next time Dave is over at your house, ask him about this.

Yes, we would like to see this website.
    Don Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by doylede
    And the rumor mill keeps grinding.

I'm very suprised that Dave Hill (father of an unknown number of children, not including the Corvette - BUT certainly the current Corvette Chief Engineer), would say anything about projected sales.

In a corporation the size of GM, the Corvette Chief Engineer does not comment on sales projections. That is far, far out of his juristiction. Of course, if you and Dave are big buddies, he might leak confidential information to you.

Resuming on the plane of reality, the persistent rumor coming from much lower levels than Dave Hill is that the ZR-1 engine will be converted to dry sump so that it will fit under the C6 hood. The technology will be borrowed from F1 which has been dry sump for many years. Pumping out an 8,000 RPM V-8 is much easier than dry sumping an 18,000 RPM V-10. True or not, it easy to see how 500 HP & torque could be obtained from the 32 valve ZR-1 engine with a dry sump. Mercury Marine would continue to supply the engines.

Next time Dave is over at your house, ask him about this.

Yes, we would like to see this website.
    Who said anything about the Zr1 engine? That engine hasnt been used since 1996, why would GM want to bring it back? They got rid of it because the cost was too high, and the engine was heavier than the pushrods they were making at the time. The rumor is that the "LS7" or modified LS2 will be under the hood of the C6 Z06. I doubt the vette will go back to DOHC.

Its about damn time Chevorlet steped up the the plate and rebirthed their rivialry with Dodge. Now We just need an $80,000 mustang and wed be making automotive history. That would be AWSOME. Well the car sounds greight, if I had the money id just buy it .
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

[Quote doylede]In a corporation the size of GM, the Corvette Chief Engineer does not comment on sales projections. That is far, far out of his juristiction. Of course, if you and Dave are big buddies, he might leak confidential information to you.

I merely stated that he estimated production would be 20% less, not sales. I also never said that we were big buddies, if you've ever been to any of the many car shows they do at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY Dave Hill is usually in attendance and more than willing to talk. He doesn't divulge a lot of information on the C6/Z06 but he will talk. The figure of 20% less wasn't discussed in a conversation but during one of the seminars that he held during the Memorial Day car show that I was in attendance for.

[Quote doylede]Next time Dave is over at your house, ask him about this.

Once again, never stated we were close friends, I've met and spoke with him a time or two, no more than that.

Yes, we would like to see this website.[/QUOTE]

I posted a link to digital corvettes where that and more information could be found. If all you want to see is information supporting what I have stated then here's your link:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=16366
    Last edited by MrVette83; 06-15-2004 at 01:52 PM.

Pic Of C6 Zo6

Quote Originally Posted by majed664
    Pic Of C6 Zo6
    NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!Theyre getting rid of the current Z06 roof
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by majed664
    Pic Of C6 Zo6
    do u think that the shape of the body would be different on the c6 z06? becuz the current c5 z06 duz have a different body shape than the c5 coupe

Thread Information