Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: C6 ZO6 Rumors!!

[QUOTE=RJ 21]The C6 has to have the best Corvette specs ever, right?

405 HP
    400 ft-lb torque
    0-60 in 4.1 seconds
    1/4 mile in 12.5
    QUOTE]

Did you copy and paste this straight from Digital Corvettes?

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=17410
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

[QUOTE=MrVette83]
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ 21
    The C6 has to have the best Corvette specs ever, right?

405 HP
    400 ft-lb torque
    0-60 in 4.1 seconds
    1/4 mile in 12.5
    QUOTE]

Did you copy and paste this straight from Digital Corvettes?

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=17410

Yup, that's me. I'm PrimeTime at DC. LMAO. You were like, WTF. HAHA. Sorry, should've told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ 21
    Yup, that's me. I'm PrimeTime at DC. LMAO. You were like, WTF. HAHA. Sorry, should've told ya.

Gotcha, wasn't sure, it had just seemed kind of odd to me that your name was dif from forum to forum.

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

Well, this appears to be the most credible image of what could be the C6 Z06 I've seen to date. Ironicaly enough, the picture is posted on a Viper Forum:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sho...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Scroll down until you see the image of the Vettes on the trailer.

Very interesting...

After more inspection it has been decided this probably is the C6 Z06. Take a look at the blown up pictures and then the comparison from the C6 to the "Boat":

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=17626

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    [Quote doylede]In a corporation the size of GM, the Corvette Chief Engineer does not comment on sales projections. That is far, far out of his juristiction. Of course, if you and Dave are big buddies, he might leak confidential information to you.

I merely stated that he estimated production would be 20% less, not sales. I also never said that we were big buddies, if you've ever been to any of the many car shows they do at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY Dave Hill is usually in attendance and more than willing to talk. He doesn't divulge a lot of information on the C6/Z06 but he will talk. The figure of 20% less wasn't discussed in a conversation but during one of the seminars that he held during the Memorial Day car show that I was in attendance for.

[Quote doylede]Next time Dave is over at your house, ask him about this.

Once again, never stated we were close friends, I've met and spoke with him a time or two, no more than that.

Yes, we would like to see this website.

I posted a link to digital corvettes where that and more information could be found. If all you want to see is information supporting what I have stated then here's your link:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=16366[/QUOTE]

There are dozens of Vette web sites. The dry sump info comes from Car & Driver. Yes, it's maybe wishful thinking, but the story is that GM has a large inventory of these engines. They are old, but all aluminum like the LS1 in my car. The Z06 sales are around 6,000 per year. If this dropped to 4,000, I don't think GM would care much. This is bragging rights territory.

Anyway, I'll keep my C5 until 2005 and see.

Your rumor is as good as my rumor even if Dave Hill doesn't back mine up.

Oh, I forgot! C&D also said that the Z06 chassis would be high strength aircraft aluminum hydro-formed as the steel chassis is today giving a target curb weight below 2800 lbs with the same stiffness. No mention was made of carbon fiber, which is very expensive. The current plastic, no - it's not fiberglass, used on C5 bodies is very light and strong. Since the body shell carries no load, this is not important.
    Last edited by doylede; 07-02-2004 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Additional information
    Don Doyle

well according to the nice people at the corvette plant it is fiber glass
    i have a feeling they know vettes
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Yea, I think the people at the Corvette factory know a lot about a Corvette. I've heard that the Z06 will be a bigger depature in body design from the C6.

That would be awesome.

Yes, yes, this is good and all with the new Z06 Version of the new C6 Corvette, but from GM has told Car and Driver, the new Z06, will be simply called Z06 as it is now.
    I know, you mean the the new Z06 as it will look very similiar to the new 6th generation Corvette.

BTW, the new Z06 will be running around mid to high 3 secs as the C6 runs 0-60 in 3.4 secs, and 0-100 in 9.9 secs which is a little disappointing, but still a very good time. The new Z06 is going to be estimated around some low to mid 8 secs when going 0-100
    Last edited by F1_Master; 08-07-2004 at 07:00 PM.

"the C6 runs 0-60 in 3.4 secs, and 0-100 in 9.9 secs which is a little disappointing, but still a very good time. "

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I don't know what you are smoking, but it must be very good. Dave Hill would love for this to be true, but it is not. Check the current editions of the Corvette Quarterly or Car & Driver to see real specs on the C6.

For example, Corvette Quarterly states C6-Z51 0-60 as 4.1 seconds (they power-shift).

Car & Driver says the same spec is 4.3 seconds (they don't power-shift).
    Don Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Yes, yes, this is good and all with the new Z06 Version of the new C6 Corvette, but from GM has told Car and Driver, the new Z06, will be simply called Z06 as it is now.
    I know, you mean the the new Z06 as it will look very similiar to the new 6th generation Corvette.

BTW, the new Z06 will be running around mid to high 3 secs as the C6 runs 0-60 in 3.4 secs, and 0-100 in 9.9 secs which is a little disappointing, but still a very good time. The new Z06 is going to be estimated around some low to mid 8 secs when going 0-100
    0-60 in 3.4 secs isn't bad at all guys, look at it this way, how many cars can you buy for under $100,000.00 USD that can go that fast! Even the new C6 has performance that most of the factory 60's muscle cars could only dream of.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

C6 Zo6

Here are some facts:

7.0 liter C5-R block... not 6.3
    Dry sump oil system
    Carbon fiber hood, fenders, and door skins
    Aluminum frame
    Flared fenders (clearance for 325/30 rear tires)
    Functional air scoop in nose
    6 piston calipers
    Weighs slightly more than an '04 ZO6 (a hair over 3300)
    Forged pistons and titanium rods
    and much more!

Go here to check it out... http://vorlon.case.edu/~aap8/gallery/c6z06spy

Stop reviving old threads.

Thread Information