Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite commercial that they don't show anymore

Favorite commercial that they don't show anymore

what is your favorite commercial that was taken off?

my favorite was for Southwest Airlines.

It shows a girl at her office computer where there is an email in her inbox labeled "don't like your job, ready for a new one?" so she opens it up then the screen turns pink and a geo guy pops up and he says "Congratulations!! you've got the Pink Slip Virus. Your office is now infected, the boss will trace it back to you, good luck finding a new job!" the geo guy points to icons of folders that start blowing up. the girl punches a bunch of keys then it shows the office and the same thing happens to everyone. They drop everything and start pounding their keyboards. Then the commercial says "wanna get away?"

whats yours?

any of the nike ones with the brazilian soccer team playing in the airport

I like the one from the Olympics with the kid driving the new Corvette through the streets of Manhattan (I love fast cars, New York, so this is a plus for me!) but then they took it off because some parental group claimed that it was encouraging underrage driving.

ANY commercial that they don't show anymore would be my favourite.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I like the one from the Olympics with the kid driving the new Corvette through the streets of Manhattan (I love fast cars, New York, so this is a plus for me!) but then they took it off because some parental group claimed that it was encouraging underrage driving.

yes I remember that one it was very good. I didnt know that they took it off thought. Bummer
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

This and...

• ...But what about places where they dont have Nestea. Places such as Uganda... Micronesia.... Malaysia... Scotland... Most of Switzerland does have Nestea... but not here in particular
    • First with coffee crisp, once more with coffee. Obviously your life is more suited to coffee crisp.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    This and...
    Thank GOD we didnt' get that
    • ...But what about places where they dont have Nestea. Places such as Uganda... Micronesia.... Malaysia... Scotland... Most of Switzerland does have Nestea... but not here in particular
    • First with coffee crisp, once more with coffee. Obviously your life is more suited to coffee crisp.
    iced tea doesn't really work in cold/cool places like Scotland
    But yes we do have some, mainly Liptons I've seen in the markets.
    I'm sure if I looked Nestle will be selling it somewhere here. They are one of the best at placing a brand worldwide.

I just love the guys in Nestle marketing coming up wth THAT brand name." Hey what will we call it. it's instant tea. Well instant coffee is called Nescafe, let's call it NesTea - clever huh ." -- SUCKS !!!!

Anyway. last night TV had a best 100 tv ads show and it reminded me of the Cinazano ads with Leonard Rossiter - GREAT British comic - and Joan Collins. http://www.leonardrossiter.com/Cinzano.html
    Check the clips on that site and the link at the bottom for the top 100 ads
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 08-30-2004 at 01:20 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

@Matra

haha Rigsby, i watched a few of those programe's they were quite funny
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

i liked the one where they were herding cats, or the one that they had the running of the bulls at pamplona, but instead of bulls they were squriells!
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

I wish I had a copy of this...

Toyota Corona vs. The Green Monster

Art Arfon's Green Monster at one time held the world land speed record of over 500 mph. So this was a drag race between the Corona and the Green Monster. The Corona takes off from the line as the Green Monster warms up. Once the Green Monster starts, it screams past the Corona. The timers do a quick calculation, then the announcer says, "The winner...at 98 yards... TOYOTA CORONA!!" Saw it only once, never forgot it.

http://www.americanjetcars.com/arfons/art/art36.htm

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik

That is the all powerful god of all kickass commercials. It was so kick ass that they had to take it off air cause it traumatized nimrod girly men with it's badass-ness.
    UCP's most hardcore skunk

[QUOTE=d-quik]This and...

haha i love that, havent seen that before
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

i miss all the superbowl commercials.....
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

oh yeah espically the one where the Buccaneers Defense end is running around the office tackling whoever isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    oh yeah espically the one where the Buccaneers Defense end is running around the office tackling whoever isn't working.
    You are talking about Reebok's "Terrible" Terry Tate - Office Linebacker, here is a site that contains all the videos. HERE

Funniest stuff I've ever seen.

Thread Information