Thread: n2a 789

n2a 789

Not at all sure why info on the thing was sent to me, it's the most wrong-headed custom on a C6 to date.
    My guess is Hemmings is selling it's mailing list and they screwed up my demographic profile. Ugly in ways that defy language.
    The answer to a question no one could possibly have asked while sober. That there is a market for anything remotely like this is frightening.
    Plus, a perfectly good Corvette was sacrificed. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I can actually almost see why they built this. Details are nice but overall look is wrong, with a different colour selection I think I actually might like it.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I actually like the squashed front end.
    The '57/'59 dichotomy is horribly wrong and they miss out on many of the critical proportions (hood length, trunk size, and windshield angle/size). Also the wheels, mirrors, and pathetic rubber "Dagmars" are quite shitty.
    So, as long as I am looking head-on at it and the mirrors are obscured and a trick-of-light makes it look like the windshield is differently-shaped and chrome-lined it looks good.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 12-08-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    The windshield doesn't seem to fit well with it, but other than that... i kind of like it... >.>
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

apparently they wanted to combine the 1958 Packard front with the 1959 Chevy taillight section. Why?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Its really not that bad when you stare at it long enough, Im acutally beginning to like it.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Thank you Hellcat and Henk for seeing the same pile I do... you other guys, I don't know. Styling '57, '58, '59 Chevy excesses in one package isn't good. Hell, some of those cues were awful then and still questionable. Exaggerating some of those styling cues is even worse, even if trying for an over-the-top retromobile. To each his own, I guess.

Here's the n2a site:Welcome to the n2a website.

Using C6 chassis is smart and offers a wide array of variations, which they exploit in a good way. Their other current offering is attractive packaging, quite muscular, and the next due out in 2011 is a modern interpretation of the '63 Corvette. The drawings look promising.

I just don't get why they built the 789. (or why they sent the crap to me!) I can imagine exactly the clientel that buys them: stereotypical Vegas/SEMA/BJ Auction denizen, with free passes to the titty bar in his pocket and smelling of Chinese buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Hell, some of those cues were awful then and still questionable.
    I agree with everything you said except this. I think the original version of a lot of those old chevy's are still some of the prettiest cars in the world. But, as you said, to each his own.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Jay Leno reviewed this car on his website a while ago, he quite liked it, but I don't.

He talked to the creator too.

n2a's 789 - Extras - Jay Leno's Garage

The car looks lumpy at the A-pillar- too much so to make it look right.

Jay Leno's weird in that he likes anything that's Corvette, even if it's super weird. I mean, he praises it for its worksmanship, but it's styled really weirdly.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 12-08-2009 at 02:46 PM.

I don't care for the thing at all. Part of that may be because I really don't care for the '59 Chevy rear end. It always struck me as pointless and strange rather than evocation of something.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I agree with everything you said except this. I think the original version of a lot of those old chevy's are still some of the prettiest cars in the world. But, as you said, to each his own.
    The horizontal fins of the '59 coupled to the '58 waist is the problem. Both were excessive in the original. I am a fan of Chevrolet's styling on the '55-'57s, it's timeless Americana. Had they designed the car with '55-57-58 details it might've worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    I don't care for the thing at all. Part of that may be because I really don't care for the '59 Chevy rear end. It always struck me as pointless and strange rather than evocation of something.
    Exactly. How they've treated the front isn't as bad as the inclusion of those fins. The resulting mash-up doesn't really work.
    And like I said, their other products are pretty tasty.

I thought I really liked their other creation, the Anteros...after a while, I came back to my senses, but it's no as bas as this one.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Very troubling look. Car looks happy in front and angry behind. The car messes with my emotions. I don't know what to feel about it.

Thread Information