Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 987c Cayman 2005-2012

Porsche Cayman S

New Coupe Features Dynamic Styling and Powerful Engine

ATLANTA, May 23, 2005 -- Porsche today revealed the first official images of its anxiously awaited new sports car -- the 2006 Porsche Cayman S. Based on the Boxster® series, the two-seat coupe incorporates dramatic new styling, a powerful 295 hp (SAE) engine, and features and options made popular by Porsche's current range of sports cars. It is positioned and priced between the Porsche 911® Carrera® and Porsche Boxster S.

While easily recognizable as a member of the Porsche sports car family, the Cayman S has its own distinctive look. Among its unique styling features are its dynamic new coupe silhouette, aerodynamic upper windshield sill, curvaceous rear fenders, fog lamps integrated into the front air intakes, exclusively designed side air intakes, automatically extending rear spoiler, and newly styled dual sport tailpipes. Beneath the new model's distinguishing hatchback is a rear storage area twice the size (9.2 cu. ft.) of that found in the Boxster.

The Cayman S's muscular 3.4-liter, flat-six cylinder engine propels the car from 0 to 60 mph in a quick 5.1 seconds and to a top track speed of an impressive 171 mph. The engine is equipped with the same VarioCam® Plus variable valve timing system as found on the 2005 911 Carrera. It allows the engine to produce its maximum torque of 255 ft. lbs. between 4,200 and 6,000 rpm.

This engine power is transmitted through the Boxster S's standard six-speed manual transmission that has been enhanced for the Cayman S with shortened and more precise shift travel. Offered as an option, the five-speed Tiptronic® S automatic transmission system has been tuned specifically for the new model, incorporating unique electronic and hydraulic control maps.

Handling and safety are enhanced with the fitting of 18-inch wheels and tires and the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) system as standard equipment. The Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system, which allows the driver to select between the comfort of a grand touring car and the track-ready precision of a genuine high-performance sports car at the touch of a button, is available as an option.

The Cayman S will go on sale in the United States and Canada in mid January of 2006 at a price of $58,900 US.

newer version
    Porsche 981c Cayman 2013- - Ultimatecarpage.com forums
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 12-04-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Finally some real pics! Thanks loads!
    Anyway, I actualy like it! A LOT!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

well its not as expensive as I thought it would have been.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

beautiful...id take it over a 997 Carrera anyday

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I think it's bizarre and the proportions are strange. I don't like it at all. The Boxster with the hardtop on looks better.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

True, I think using that bulging Boxster slope between the roof and rear end gives it a strange look, but then again the smooth lines would make it look like a slightly altered 997
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

do we even need this car? the boxster is in the small sports car category & the carrera is in the medium. so where does this fit in? the proportions and design is completely messed up. i didnt like the 997 at first because of its round beetle like headlights but this is ugly from all directions.

Think back thirty years... the 911 - a driver's car.

Known to be lethal, requiring a firm hand on the tiller.

Think of the 911 today. A true driver's car? Not bally likely! Last seen in the ownership of the wife of *insert-premiership-football-players-name-here*.

Enter the Cayman. More powerful than the Boxster, and crucially, with the hard-top, much stiffer. Lighter and less comfort oriented than the 911.

An "out-and-out driver's car", priced highly to persuade footballer's wives and others with too much money than is good for them to opt for a 911 rather than a Cayman.

It is almost "Clubsport" as standard - lightweight and stripped of too many creature comforts - a fact reflected in its Nordschleife time is faster than that of the 997.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    do we even need this car? the boxster is in the small sports car category & the carrera is in the medium. so where does this fit in? the proportions and design is completely messed up. i didnt like the 997 at first because of its round beetle like headlights but this is ugly from all directions.
    This is basically a Boxster Coupe. Basically what you're asking is like why do we need a 911 Coupe when there's the convertible. Porsche just gave it a different name so people would think it's new and different.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Think back thirty years... the 911 - a driver's car.

Known to be lethal, requiring a firm hand on the tiller.

Think of the 911 today. A true driver's car? Not bally likely! Last seen in the ownership of the wife of *insert-premiership-football-players-name-here*.

Enter the Cayman. More powerful than the Boxster, and crucially, with the hard-top, much stiffer. Lighter and less comfort oriented than the 911.

An "out-and-out driver's car", priced highly to persuade footballer's wives and others with too much money than is good for them to opt for a 911 rather than a Cayman.

It is almost "Clubsport" as standard - lightweight and stripped of too many creature comforts - a fact reflected in its Nordschleife time is faster than that of the 997.
    Yes. Screw footballers wives. Screw their addiction to Porsche! You know what? SCREW EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Yes. Screw footballers wives. Screw their addiction to Porsche! You know what? SCREW EVERYTHING!
    Geeze Spastic, you're in happy mood.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I thought this was going to look better. The arse end looks odd, almost like a stretched out Beetle.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Geeze Spastic, you're in happy mood.
    I forgot smileys

OMG 5000th post! Wooah nelly!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    OMG 5000th post! Wooah nelly!
    dude, get a girlfriend
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information