Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alfa 75 2.0

lol, you madman. looks great. so much for those ninnies with their SUV winter cars
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

If only I had a filled wallet instead of a big debt I love those cars ! The 3.0 V6 is even better, beautiful engine building ! Have a lot of (SAFE) fun with your new car !

Check here for a report on my uncle's progress on restoring a 1.8Turbo.
    Classic Passion | Lopende projecten | Alfa 75 1.8 Turbo

Basically the entire side needed replacing !

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Didn't notice it... oh wow, I so want one now.
    Nice new avatar you have there!
    Thats a Norwegian 1750GTV for your information.
    The picture is taken in the Lærdals tunnel, 24510 meters long.
    Statens vegvesen

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lol, you madman. looks great. so much for those ninnies with their SUV winter cars
    lol, hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    If only I had a filled wallet instead of a big debt I love those cars ! The 3.0 V6 is even better, beautiful engine building ! Have a lot of (SAFE) fun with your new car !

Check here for a report on my uncle's progress on restoring a 1.8Turbo.
    Classic Passion | Lopende projecten | Alfa 75 1.8 Turbo

Basically the entire side needed replacing !
    A 2.5 or 3.0 V6 would be nice to, until the cam-belt splits.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    Nice new avatar you have there!
    Thats a Norwegian 1750GTV for your information.
    The picture is taken in the Lærdals tunnel, 24510 meters long.
    Statens vegvesen
    Thanks! I was trying to determine what car it was browsing the whole Alfa Romeo car database to no avail thus far...

Here's me hoping to drive in that tunnel at least once in my lifetime. Truly awesome place.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thanks! I was trying to determine what car it was browsing the whole Alfa Romeo car database to no avail thus far...

Here's me hoping to drive in that tunnel at least once in my lifetime. Truly awesome place.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1...GT-Veloce.html

This is the 2000 GTV, the replacer of the 1750.
    Small differences, with the grill, interior, and rear-lights being the most visible.
    And of course a 2000ccm engine instead of a 1750ccm.

This is the same body as my other Alfa as well, there also the differences are in the grill and head lights and rear-lights.

EDIT:
    Here are some more alfas in that tunnel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 12-16-2007 at 08:41 AM.

A 2.5 or 3.0 V6 would be nice to, until the cam-belt splits.
    Who needs reliabilty anyway ? The 3.0 V6 is just such a great engine ! The accelaration will blow you away !

That tunnel will become a personal pilgrimage, I hope. But first, the Nürburgring, Loheac (France) and the Stelvio pass this summer.

This is the same body as my other Alfa as well
    You have more than one? 206,000 km, and 20 years of brutal Norwegian weather? (looks like Alfa CAN build a long lasting car ).

oh nice one. you know i'm currently thinking of buying the very same car! ALFA ROMEO 75 TS (284072360) - motoAllegro

what would you think of it as a first everyday driver?
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    oh nice one. you know i'm currently thinking of buying the very same car! ALFA ROMEO 75 TS (284072360) - motoAllegro

Do it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

(...) it has to match the EU demands again, don't know if it will pass easily.
    If it doesn't, you still have a trailer and there will still be ice tracks.

And on that bus-station, you scared the living daylight out of me..
    You make it sound more than it was. Weakling.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    That tunnel will become a personal pilgrimage, (...)and the Stelvio pass this summer.
    On what???
    Stelvio pass mustn't be that fun in 1st gear...

My father had a 164 2.0 TS for 100.000kms. Not even one cent was spent on anything other than regular servicing.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    On what???
    Stelvio pass mustn't be that fun in 1st gear...
    I am actually thinking of buying a new car this spring, depending on my finance's. I can sell the Suzi for the same amount or 500€ more than I bought it for.

I think you should check it out. It would work great as a first car!
    That one looks like it has many miles though. I hate when people don't clean up the car before putting up images in their adverts, it drops the general impression quite a bit. It can be a nice car underneath all the dirt.

The gearboxes is seldom alright, and specific the second gear, i doubt that you can find one with a good second gear. Alfa can't make good synchros unfortunately. Anyhow, when you learn how to shift with it, it works fine. Don't let that scare you. As you know this is a trans-axle car and the gearbox is in the rear, so is the clutch. This makes for a looong gear-transfer from the stick to the box, that gives more room for sloppynes. You also have two flywheels, in on the engine and one on the gearbox, which will give you a bit of different characteristics when you take of and give hard throtle.

The 8 valve Twin Spark engine is a good and strong engine, and it has still a cam-chain and not a belt, it is one of the bullet proof engines from Alfa. Just make sure to check out the general leakage of the engine, a little it will always be, but it shouldn't be dripping to much.
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 12-18-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    You have more than one? 206,000 km, and 20 years of brutal Norwegian weather? (looks like Alfa CAN build a long lasting car ).
    Sure they can! 236.000 btw. You just have to take good car of them.

Yeah, i have two, this is the other one: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...eet-julia.html

thanks for your help! but still i've got some worries... like - it's italian, it's from beginning of 90's, so i presume it must break a lot?... are you able to tell me how much would i need to spend on maintaning it annualy? and what is the average fuel consumption?
    12 cylinders or walk!

The TS shouldn't be bad on fuel consumption..
    Maybe 1-1,3 l/10km's on mixed.

It all depends on how long it has traveled and especially who has owned it.
    Is it an enthusiast, like mine, you can stumble over a very good example with good bushes in suspension and maybe some stiffer springs and Bilstein shocks. Ron Simons, who has a legendary racing-school on the Nürnburgring, purely with Alfa 75 TS. He says it is the best handling car in it's range. The TS engines he has in them is mostly stock engines, and the cars have heavy suspension and chassis upgrades. It goes faster than the most of cars on that track! He sells alot of stuff on the net, but that is mostly a bit expensive. You can come a long way though, with polyurethane bushes and new springs and dampers.

Otherwise, look out for the good old rust. This is what makes these cars bad.
    It can be hard to spot, but lift the carpet in the trunk and have a good look under the car. inside the engine bay, on both sides of the engine is easy to spot critical rust, especially around the caster rods. Door sills is also a giveaway on rusty alfas. Some 75's have (as mine, and the car in your advert) plastic covers on the outside of the sills, don't let that fool you to think it is no rust on the sills.. And remember, you will always find rust on these, no matter how, but take it for what it is, a fun car you can have for a year or two, and pass it on.. It's the perfect first car when i think of it!

Technically they are not that dumb. And they are known among alfa enthusiasts as the last real Alfa. As I said, this engine is almost bullet proof. Can easily reach 300.000 to 400.000 km's if well maintained.

If you find a specific car and take good photos of said places i can sure help you determine if it is a good buy or not.

And as a last note, you have to be prepared for some dirt under your nails owning an alfa. But you will always have the good feeling that it is worth it
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 12-18-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Thread Information