Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New member w/my car pics

New member w/my car pics

Hello, i just joined here and wanted to break the ice with my car pics.
    I just got this one in January and have been getting it ready for track days. It was already prepared for street/track but had been sitting for a number of years in previous owners garage. I have put a lot of time into it to get her looking good again, especially engine/compartement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

____________________________________________________________________________

We are all going to the same destination, just on different roads to get there.

very nice, very clean 240. whos GTR is that?

Beautiful cars, welcome to ucp

Oh wow. Good choice in vehicle man!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Sweet Titan.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013 View Post
    very nice, very clean 240. whos GTR is that?
    Thanks!! The GTR is my buddies. He tracks that a lot so far, but tires and brakes are a fortune!!! I have driven the GTR many laps at Laguna Seca. Unbelievable machine.
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Welcome, and very beautiful car . Looks as though you come from a family of Nissan lovers, judging by the images.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Sweet Titan.

The Titan??? THE TITAN!!!! HAHAHA, well that's what will tow the Z to the track anyway.
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Welcome, and very beautiful car . Looks as though you come from a family of Nissan lovers, judging by the images.
    Thanks!! Yeah my first 2 cars were 240's way back when i was young. I have loved them ever since. I got the Titan new in 2007. I think Nissan/Infinity has been producing some nice cars this decade. I guess I am hooked on them.
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Oh and the GTR is the one the guy is talking about in this thread. Post #12 I believe.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...track-day.html
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

very clean, very nice
    is that another Z in the blue cover?

Nice, I'm kinda glad you kept the original engine, which is I think a straight 6?

Some people put V8s in them, and I do understand you get more power, but that defeats the purpose of the car.

Awesome car, I always love older Japanese cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    very clean, very nice
    is that another Z in the blue cover?

Yes. It belongs to my buddy, the same guy who owns GTR. Here is a pic of it.
    I attached 3 of Z when recently at Sears Point and one of GTR at Seca last month.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Nice, I'm kinda glad you kept the original engine, which is I think a straight 6?

Yes it's a straight 6 but not the original L24. It is an L28 block running stock compression and with an E31 head that has been worked over pretty good. Intake are triple 50mm Webers and Cannon intake manifold. All the engine mods were done in the mid to late 80's. The only thing I have really added is the new air filter & a heck of a lot of sweat hours making it look like new. It's nick name is "The Banshee" because of the way it sounds, (Screaming Banshee). I would love to make it a 3.1 or 3.2 liter.

And actually the engine in that green Z in pics above is at least 50 hp more than the Banshee engine. That green Z, "The Green Hornet", is insane!!! It would run circles around the Banshee. My friend runs 1.42's on slicks at Laguna Seca consistantly in that 1970 240Z. But then he is an exceptional driver too.
    Last edited by BansheeMan; 06-19-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    1972 Datsun 240Z
    track day car

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeMan View Post
    Yes it's a straight 6 but not the original L24. It is an L28 block running stock compression and with an E31 head that has been worked over pretty good. Intake are triple 50mm Webers and Cannon intake manifold. All the engine mods were done in the mid to late 80's. The only thing I have really added is the new air filter & a heck of a lot of sweat hours making it look like new. It's nick name is "The Banshee" because of the way it sounds, (Screaming Banshee). I would love to make it a 3.1 or 3.2 liter.

And actually the engine in that green Z in pics above is at least 50 hp more than the Banshee engine. That green Z, "The Green Hornet", is insane!!! It would run circles around the Banshee. My friend runs 1.42's on slicks at Laguna Seca consistantly in that 1970 240Z. But then he is an exceptional driver too.
    Awesome.

Can we get videos of it running? I would love to hear how they both sound.

Thread Information