Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

ya that woule be awsome
    i truly believe that nissan has changed the world with the revolutionary skyline gt-r.

chuck me on ya MSN guys.

[email protected]

Do you have a GTP rego nissan_fan? I can throw a good word a Sphinx for ya if you like!

There is another great couple of Gran Turismo sites and forums that I visit, one of them is PureGT.

PureGT Drivers - Index

im kinda new to the gtp internet talk...lol whats a rego??

and by the way i finally get the 1mill citroen im just missing the 2mill formula 1
    i truly believe that nissan has changed the world with the revolutionary skyline gt-r.

and by the way i forgot to tell you that i added you on msn thx by the way

No worries.

Gran Turismo Planet run a tagged registry system where racers can apply for a GTP_ nameplate. They do this to set themselves up and let each other know who's a forum member and who isn't. Most GTP-ers apply for a tag, so if you wanted you could set up a GTP_nissan_fan tag with the site.

I have no tag, but a lot of the GTP guys are mates of mine, they're a good bunch online, but they pull no punches in the forum.

A bit like here really, hehe!

Cheers!

Question Gran Tursimo 5

I wish they would put alot of cars in GT 5 just becuase gran tursimo 4 had like 750 cars and you could buy alot with
    i liked the buying features you go to the dealership look at the cars and you have a car
    and they also had the used cars list and history cars in main page
    i wish they would put the Pontiac Grand am Gt 4 door and the coupe in the game I would like if they had my favorite car Pontiac gto 6.0
    It would be cool if they had The firebird/trans am that would be freaking sweet.
    If they really want to make sales they would put at least 900 cars and not have like 50 skylines they should have like 30 cars for each car maker.
    that would be sweet becasue everybody would buy the game and it would be cool driving/racing a Pontiac Grand am or even grand prix or the Bonniville
    They need to have more realistic cars

i think the ps3 has enough power for them to add most of the cars if not all of them.i agree that they should add the more everyday models of cars.you know the ones we see on the road all the time.

Jesus Christ! that's a lot of programming!!
    All bowlers need a 'Hammond Step-up'

"Do you think we'll actually find a communist Car that we actually like?" - James May

when has gt4 come out and when is gt5 comming out...they had plenty of time to program those things im sure

GT5 is rumoured to be coming out later this year (2009) and some pundits are estimating Christmas. Kazunori has hinted "much sooner than expected" and by that he meant sooner than 2010.

But I'd be honestly surprised if the game came out in 2009, Polyphony are notorious for keeping lax schedules, however I understand that Sony have been pushing for the full GT5 to be released as they don't have a star game at the moment - GT3 set sales records for the PS2 when it came out, I'm sure they're looking at a repeat for the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by nissan_fan View Post
    i think the ps3 has enough power for them to add most of the cars if not all of them.i agree that they should add the more everyday models of cars.you know the ones we see on the road all the time.
    Yea, a blue ray disc could hold a crapload of cars......but you fail to understand how long it actually takes to program that many cars. I seem to remember a figure for GT4.....roughly one month to develop and program a single car. Now imagine doing that, but with much higher poly models complete with fully realized interiors. Even a car list as big as GT4's would take nearly 4 years to complete.

IMO, Polyphony will do what it did with GT3......go with a smaller car roster to get the franchise kicked off on the new system. Hopefully, they'll follow up in times to come with downloads to add more and more cars.......and not go into another 3-4 year development cycle to produce a higher car volume GT6.

And no.........they do NOT need to add lots and lots more mundane daily drivers. That's been GT's biggest problem for a long time. Too many cars that ppl don't want to spend time racing around the track. They need to get more performance brands involved (ie: Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo) and try to keep the car roster centered more on performance oriented cars. Or, at least......cars that are popular with hotrodding/tuner crowds. And I know we can't expect customization features akin to Forza, but crying out loud..........can't we at LEAST get an option to repaint our cars?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I like racing Renault Meganes and Honda Civics, it's part of what makes such games so good.

If I only wanted supercars I'd play Need for Speed or Test Drive.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like racing Renault Meganes and Honda Civics, it's part of what makes such games so good.

If I only wanted supercars I'd play Need for Speed or Test Drive.
    I can agree but:
    thing is GT series sucks with fwd
    and certain races/cars are truly useless
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I never said the car roster had to ONLY be sportscars. I was just stating that I was opposed to Polyphony adding more non-performance vehicles as opposed to more that ARE performance oriented. I don't want a game that sports over 50 models of Honda Civic and only 2 models of Dodge Viper. I think you can see where I'm going with this.
    Yea, it is cool to see lots of everyday cars in there.......but how much effort does one really want to see Polyphony putting into programming a Ford Model T into the game as opposed to a Ferrari F50?

EDITED: for boneheaded mistake.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 01-07-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I never said the car roster had to ONLY be sportscars. I was just stating that I was opposed to Polyphony adding more non-performance vehicles as opposed to more that ARE performance oriented. I don't want a game that sports over 50 models of Honda Civic and only 2 models of Dodge Viper. I think you can see where I'm going with this.
    Yea, it is cool to see lots of everyday cars in there.......but how much effort does one really want to see Polyphony putting into programming a Ford Model T into the game as opposed to a Ferrari GT50?
    tbh, I don't even want two versions of the Viper, or 25 of the Skyline/GT-R.
    also because the differences between each car is more psychological than physic.
    they could easily work with say 100 cars, well selected, both from everyday world and not. in that way they could focus more on a better product, and the involvement wouldn't feel the lack of more redundant cars.

EDIT: what's a GT50?! F50 perhaps? or F50 GT? or GG50?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information