Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Cars In Your Area

Police Cars In Your Area

I just read this article lamenting the end of the Crown Victoria and I wondered, what do they use at your neck of the woods?

Officers Are Wistful as Crown Vic, Long a Fleet Staple, Nears Retirement - NYTimes.com

I will miss the Crown Vic indeed, it made spotting for police officers so much easier. Now there are Dodge Chargers, Ford Tauruses, Ford Explorers and the occasional Chevy Suburban (especially so for State Police).

I've even seen undercover police cars painted in the same scheme and decked occupancy light as NYC taxis.

My hometown has a fleet of Chargers, one's completely blacked out which is really stupid bc i live in a small town and we know nobody else has a completely blacked out Charger.

The next town over and my school's campus PD use last gen Chevy Impalas

And my county's staties are starting to switch over to Tauruses but do have a Dodge Magnum, they even had a Jeep Cherokee at one point

I can't think of anything wild or extra unusual that i've ever seen anywhere else. As a matter of fact, the only other car i've seen was a Ford Fusion used by a county sheriff
    Last edited by Cobrafan427; 08-14-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Clearwater Florida has Chargers, 2 Camaros, and a Mustang. Pinellas County Sheriff uses a few Crown Vics, plenty of Chargers, 2 Ram 1500s, and a Ford F150. They are all very menacing and you know not to mess with them.

Here the Mossos d'Esquadra (our police force in Catalunya) use mainly Seat Alteas both in standard and XL form. The higway/road patrols usually use Seat Exeo or Volkswagen Passat estate cars.

As an aside, the Agrupación de Tráfico of the Guardia Civil use a fleet of highly tuned Alfa Romeo 159s for special higway use.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

VW Transporter's, handy to haul drunk's, not so great for chase.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

local police current Ford Focus and seeing Vauxhall Astra.
    The traffic boys still run mix of BMW 5 series, Volvo and Jag with Range Rover and Defenders for the off road/bad weather boys.
    Not to mention the unmarked boys who all seem in Audi/BMW/Evo
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy

Around me they seem to be hanging onto the Vics. They briefly flirted with Chargers a few years ago, but the newer cruisers I've seen have been Fords; Tauri mostly, with the Explorer CHP thing set to hit the streets relatively soon as well.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Volkswagen Golf's, Touran and Transporters mostly. Sometimes you still see an older C- or S-Max around. The higher ranks drive a Mercedes C I think. In the 70's they had Porsche 911 Targa's though

Campus PD has/had a few Crown Vics tucked away for future use. Last I checked a few years ago they still had window stickers.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

commodores, falcons, lancers, camry's, hilux's, plus whatever unmarked cars they get like GTI's
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

we used to have these, of which a survivor will be entered in this year's Pebble Beach Concours. Today they have to make do with Golfs or Volvos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

We got a right mix in London...

Skoda Octavia VRS
    Hyundai i30
    Vauxhall Astra
    Ford Focus
    BMW 330d
    Range Rover
    BMW X5
    BMW 5 series
    Even seen a Rover 75 knocking about in town

There are a load more hidden away that don't get seen very often
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Henk, that 911 is awesome!

Wow, that's quite diverse. Wouldn't expect to see the Rover 75. Have you seen this Youtube video?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTN5X4JZFjU"]Police Camera Action - The Liver Run *complete episode* - YouTube[/ame]

Last week I saw a new Ford Taurus as a patrol car. Sometimes I'll see a Ford Explorer, but those are the older ones not the newest ones.

The meter maids run Nissan Altima and Toyota Prius hybrids.

I don't think the Chevy Impalas are used as patrol cars anymore.

Here where I live in Alabama its the Dodge Chargers, and the lingering Crown Vics.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Here where I live in Alabama its the Dodge Chargers, and the lingering Crown Vics.

I like the dodge chargers! they look menacing with blue lights and 'POLICE' scrawled all over them

But sadly over here we don't get none of them! Lame old vauxhalls and ford focuses. I think there are only 3 or 4 privately owned chargers even in this country, one of them being a stretch limo!
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Thread Information