View Poll Results: how will villeneuve perform?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • he will be a championship contender.

0 0%
  • he will be a podium contender

0 0%
  • he will be in the mid pack

8 42.11%
  • he will be in the lower mid pack

4 21.05%
  • he will not finish the season at sauber(i.e. get fired)

7 36.84%

Thread: Villeneuve's Chances for the F1 season.

Villeneuve's Chances for the F1 season.

how do you think he will do?

one one hand the Sauber car is said to be a SIGNIFICANT improvement over last year's model(with the new windtunnel development and all).

on the other bad weather and car trouble didint allow villeneuve many crucial test laps.

what do you think?
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 03-01-2005 at 03:54 PM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

In F1, it's all about the car. Imagine Schumi in a Minardi...

Villeneuve doesn't stand a chance.

In those few races he did with Renault... has he actually finished the Brazilian GP yet?

Thanks for all the fish

He'll run mid pack I'd imagine. He ain't nothing special, never has.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

It's all been downhill since he was in that Sly Stallone movie...
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

had to select "fired" , but I'm sure it will be publicly less 'blame-filled' than that.

He'll run back of pack, cause a few accidents by barging, blame the team, complain at every race how the car isnt' good enough and then leave with th excuse he'd been promised a competitive car and as it wasnt' he had every right to terminate the contract

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well i wont make any comments on Villeneuves personal performances, but i think Massa will be outpacing him alot for sure
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    had to select "fired" , but I'm sure it will be publicly less 'blame-filled' than that.

He'll run back of pack, cause a few accidents by barging, blame the team, complain at every race how the car isnt' good enough and then leave with th excuse he'd been promised a competitive car and as it wasnt' he had every right to terminate the contract

the truth and nothing but the truth

i realy dont think he will last the season, he's had his day, never did well at BAR, didnt make the most of his chances at a decent team with renault, and now has been forced to drive for a team that is lower down the pack, he will be down there behind toyota and red bull. His ignorance and demand for money will probably get him kicked if he doesnt leave himself, because he wont perform.

Midpack at best, Massa will get the best of him.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

i agree for the mid pack, but dont you think that the sauber has improved? i mean he was lilterally thrown into to that renault last year.
    i think he might surprise a few of you.
    this is what F1 needs... suprises.

massa will be outpacing him, he is a good pilot but i think massa will be ahead of the midpack. I really think sauber have a decent car this year.
    am i the only one who believes in sauber's chances here?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I beleive in Sauber and Massa. But Villeneuve has made it public that he had difficulties adapting the the faster cars of late 2004 and also the more nervous and unforgiving cars of 2005.

That doesn't sound good at all.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Awww... I totally thought this thread was gonna be a photoshop pic with a pic of him and a "who wants to be a millionaire" answer at the bottom with "f**k all" as option a,b,c and d. Much in the vein of that Osama Bin Laden one with his chances of seeing christmas. That one's kinda funnier that it used to be actually, but for a whole different reason...

Looks like he's started bitching and upsetting things already You heard it here first back in post #6 .....

Peter Sauber has admitted that his team pulled Jacques Villeneuve out of testing at Barcelona this week because they were concerned about his performance.

The testing disagreement is the latest incident to hit Villeneuve’s turbulent Formula 1 comeback.

The former world champion was slowest in Wednesday’s session at Catalunya and was reported to be arguing with the team.

Sauber then brought in Felipe Massa to replace Villeneuve for the remainder of the test.

Villeneuve later attempted to calm the situation by suggesting that Sauber only recalled Massa because rain was forecast for Friday, when the Brazilian was scheduled to test.

But Peter Sauber told the Reuters news agency that the driver switch was actually motivated by Villeneuve’s Wednesday performance.

"The objective of our test in Barcelona is to evaluate new aerodynamic components," said Sauber.

"Our times were so slow and inconsistent on Wednesday that the engineers were not certain about the cause.

"It was therefore decided to continue the test with Felipe Massa in order to have another reference”

Sauber conceded that this week’s events had strained the relationship between the team and Villeneuve.

“The partnership between Jacques Villeneuve and Sauber Petronas is currently at a difficult point," he said.

"To keep from straining the relationship any further, I prefer not to make any further comments at the moment

from www.itv-f1.com
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information