Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Sony: Developers aren't 'fully utilizing' PS3 yet | The Digital Home - CNET News

My new reason as for GT5's delay. They want to get it right, guys.
    get it right? lol

they couldve released the game and made GT6 by now. They cant keep holding off forever for technology. Eventually their game will be obsolete.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Well, I would guess that given it's one of the biggest releases ever, and that it's taken years to develop that they will do a good if not excellent job on that.

When did they start developing this game anyways?
    Well, I say this because that's exactly what everyone said during our 3-4 year wait for GT4, and...honestly.......it just felt like GT3 with a bigger car roster and an autopilot feature. I'm hoping PD has learned their lesson, because I've been waiting since GT2 for better driver AI and more realistic consequences to colliding with on track structures or other cars. The scary part is that they've been promising evolutionary overhauls to those particular game aspects SINCE GT1. Don't get me wrong....I'm all for attention to detail.....just as long as the overall enjoyment and effectiveness of the game doesn't suffer for it.

I'll hold off judgement until the game is here.......I'm just hoping they do more than make a really pretty car collecting game this time around. No one wants to race a super high definition Model T around the 'Ring to see what kind of times they can turn in. Well..........at least...........I don't.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 05-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

ok, so at E3 sony announced that GT5 will be in 3D. lovely. no further word on release date.

Gran Turismo 5 Coming In 3D
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

NOVEMEBER 2nd

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098188p1.html

it's about time....**crosses fingers and hopes this is actually real

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    NOVEMEBER 2nd

E3 2010: Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Announced - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

it's about time....**crosses fingers and hopes this is actually real
    woohooo. agreed on the about time. and i guess i just posted a bit soon.

meh 3D does nothing for me, but it is nice that there is a date now...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I'm suprised on how many people are viewing this thread. It used to be 13, now its 20.
    Also agreed on the "about time". So November 2nd, huh? Well, I guess I now have a reason to buy a PS3 this year...
    If the date is real, that is.
    Also agreed on the 3D; I don't need it. I don't really like playing racing games with dark-shaded 3D goggles on. I need to see everything vividly.
    Last edited by PRC777; 06-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

i told my wife we will need a new tv.

she said no we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Not to mention the small of rare cars that have no price. I'm not even sure how you're supposed to win them- I've completed a whole bunch of events in GT4, and looking at the list of cars won through events, they're not even there.

I'm done waiting for this, I most certainly am not picking this up when it launches. Maybe when it's down to $30, but not worth $60 for sure. I never buy games at $60.

Edit- I have a feeling this game's been delayed for 3D. Not the smartest move, considering it's been in the making for 6 years now maybe? And who owns a 3D TV anyway?
    Hey, I was right!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i told my wife we will need a new tv.

she said no we won't.
    I am not getting a new TV for this. For sure. And delaying was a bad idea. Why couldn't they release the 2D version early for everyone else with normal TVs?

If the delay was purely to have a 3D title, then they really missed the boat on that one. Surely a title update could have covered that and had it released earlier. I'm sure the extra time was used to add more and more polish, but surely they've polished so hard there's holes in it now. Unfortunately the delay seems to have just created more cynicism than anything else.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    surely they've polished so hard there's holes in it now.
    yea if this game sucks or has any glitches at all...I would probably throw the disc out the window

might wait till ive finished Black Ops if its going to be November.
    I am the Stig

This game is becoming so old you'd have to explain kids what the GT series is supposed to be.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

What's this BS I heard about only 200 cars in the game being fully realized HD models.....and the rest are all imported models from the last GT?

All this time and they've only modeled 200 new cars???? I also heard they spent over a year just designing one of the game's tracks. Please tell me this isn't how PD spent their development time.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

ALL cars are being built from scratch, however 800 cars have been featured in previous GT games. The 200 cars being added are to such a standard that it has never been done before and these 200 cars have evidently pushed the PS3 to its limits.

I agree that the waiting time appears to be growing further and further with each game. GT1 came out in 1997, GT2 in 1999, GT3 in 2001, GT4 in 2004 and GT5 in 2010. PD have promised that GT6 will be released on the PS3 and will not take as long because they will be using existing infrastructure developed in GT5 to build the game.

If you guys really sit back and take a look at things, there are musicians who spend years making albums, directors who spend a like amount of time creating films and yet we criticise the gaming industry for doing the same?

$20 bucks for a CD, $10 bucks for a movie ticket, $100 bucks for a game. The game will last far longer and provide far better entertainment than either. It's barely 4 months away until release, let's be patient and see what Kazunori will give us.

Thread Information