View Poll Results: Who will take out the Championship?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craig Lowndes

11 64.71%
  • Rick Kelly

3 17.65%
  • Don't Know, To Hard To Tell

1 5.88%
  • I Don't Give A Damn!

2 11.76%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Round 13 Phillip Island, Caterpillar Finale

When does Race 1 air for you guys in NZ? Saturday telecast just finished for us.

We get the first two races tomorrow afternoon at 3pm, with the last race showing at about midnight. Which sucks. The only rounds we get live, in full, are Pukekohe and Bathurst unfortunately.

They had a snippet of the first race on the news - Lowndes had a bit of a moment there . So Lowndes came 4th and Kelly 5th - what does that do to the points???? Are they level yet??
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns
    They had a snippet of the first race on the news - Lowndes had a bit of a moment there . So Lowndes came 4th and Kelly 5th - what does that do to the points???? Are they level yet??
    No, but Lowndes has managed to tighten the gap to 3pts.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Down here in Adelaide, it's finished, but I bet on Kelly and Skaife to make the podium earlier. I don't mind Craig Lowndes, because he liked Peter Brock very much. But he runs for Ford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns
    'Tis an all-HRT front row. They've been very very quick all year, and they really should be getting regular podiums. Now that it's the end of the year, they'll probably win this round (though I'd love to be proved wrong).
    Yeah, well, you're gonna be proved right. And that is a good thing.
    Lead Driver For The UCP.com Draggin' & Driftin' Racing Team.

If only there was one.

It'll be interesting if the pace stays the same tomorrow. Bright seemed confident of catching Tander before having his spin, and Lowndes didnt have too much trouble staying in touch with him. Likewise, Winterbottom seemed to be giving Rick some trouble.

What did everyone think of Skaife's blocking on Lowndes. I was surprised how easy going Lowndes was about it.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I thought i saw him make a bit of a lunge towards left in that big moment through Hayshed, although it could have been an innocent correction as he was suffering poor rear grip.

I dont think Lowndes was too fazed about it though. Skaife in that interview afterwards surprised me a bit and practically owned up to some ordinary driving on his behalf, but likewise Lowndes seemed to take it as part of the game.

I don't really follow V8 Supercars... As long as Ford wins I'm a happy man

Skaife that prick was blocking Lowndes on purpose, I'm sure of it. He was fine until that pitstop, where he changed the right hand side, and suddenly he can't pull up at the hairpin. I'll bet you a million bucks he was taking his time to let Kelly catch up to Lowndes. He wants to see a Red championship again so badly.

He was given the bad sportsmanship flag for blocking Lowndes, I say they should have penalised him.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

It wouldn't have matter anyway, If bright didn't spin around he would have blocked lowndes any how... Now there is a driver who care about number 1 only.
    There is more blocks at phillip island then any other race track, More blocks there then a lego set.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Skaife that prick was blocking Lowndes on purpose, I'm sure of it. He was fine until that pitstop, where he changed the right hand side, and suddenly he can't pull up at the hairpin. I'll bet you a million bucks he was taking his time to let Kelly catch up to Lowndes. He wants to see a Red championship again so badly.

He was given the bad sportsmanship flag for blocking Lowndes, I say they should have penalised him.
    Skaife's rear end of the car had flicked when it hit Lowndes. So it all can't be on purpose
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

If Rick's not careful, Lowndes is going to take this one from him without even noticing. There were a fair few chances them he couldve tried to sneak past Lowndes, but hes still stuck in the mindset he's been in all year. The ponts are so close they may as well be even. If he wants to win this, he needs to make sure he stays in front of Lowndes.

All Lowndes has to do is finish in front of him! This is the best finale I've seen, it's just so close. I still can't believe that contact between Lowndes and Skaife - Craig could have been wiped out so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    It wouldn't have matter anyway, If bright didn't spin around he would have blocked lowndes any how... Now there is a driver who care about number 1 only.
    But if Skaife let Bright past, instead of blocking him, then Lowndes would have followed and possibly put a car between himself and Rick (although, I bet if Skaife was between Rick and Craig, Skaife would have let Rick past).

Also think the other way around, if Rick was in Lowndes' position yesterday, Skaife definately wouldn't have blocked him.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

So, who wants to put the first word in for how that turned out?

Who thinks that Rick Kelly tried to run Craig of the road on purpose? Do you think that it was more of a race incident? or something else?

(waits for flamings)
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Thread Information