View Poll Results: Who will take out the Championship?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craig Lowndes

11 64.71%
  • Rick Kelly

3 17.65%
  • Don't Know, To Hard To Tell

1 5.88%
  • I Don't Give A Damn!

2 11.76%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Round 13 Phillip Island, Caterpillar Finale

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    But i'll say this in large letter, If Kelly was going too knock CL out of the race he would have done it right. And too be honest if there was that type of tactics going through anyone's mind it surely wouldn't have been his, Because he has a championship too win or loose.
    Within my bias, Kelly seemed to 'do it right' no problems and acomplish same only half a lap into what was gonna be a ripper thirty lap race (because he has a championship to win or lose)

You can block but you cant move over too the white line on the other side of the track and slam the door closed.
    But this will be the argument all till next years final blocking, What is allowed and what isn't allowed. Cause if you black flag some for it, And let others go something needs too be done. I'd like too know why only cars in front of the 888 car were sited ?.
    The rule is you can move to cover your line once. Once you move you can't move back.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 12-09-2006 at 11:58 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Furthermore if people think it was such a small incident, why didnt Rick avoid it?
    He may've thought that it wouldn't have the result it did, and since there were car spearing off everywhere, if he swerved, there'd be carnage
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    If Lowndes was over on the white line, how then did Rick tag his right rear?

Furthermore if people think it was such a small incident, why didnt Rick avoid it?
    Because he probably thought he could make it
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

His front was on the white.

Momentum is hard too stop when you have it.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

This has been BULLSHIT.

Who is going to tell me that this is fair? EVERY RACE there was an infringement AGAINST LOWNDES by a HOLDEN DRIVER.

Race One: Mark Skaife blocks Lowndes, recieves bad sportsmanship flag.

Race Two: Garth Tander blocks Lowndes, recieves bad sportsmanship flag, drive through penalty.

Race Three: Rick Kelly tags Lowndes, recieves drive through penalty. Wins championship.

This IS NOT a championship win for Kelly. Go back through the footage in race two, and see the margin that Lowndes had on Kelly. That huge margin vanished once Tander started to block, and take his time. Tander was circulating over a second off the pace until Rick caught up.

Kelly knew he couldn't beat Lowndes. In the previous races he didn't have a car that behaved well like Craig's did. Just look at the gap that Craig opened after Garth was given the drive through. The first chance Rick got, he tagged Craig. Clear and simple.

But i'll say this in large letter, If Kelly was going too knock CL out of the race he would have done it right. And too be honest if there was that type of tactics going through anyone's mind it surely wouldn't have been his, Because he has a championship too win or loose. The other drivers don't care that would be more like someone who has nothing too loose mentality.
    Kelly knocked out Craig. And he sure as hell did it right. Look at it this way:

If Kelly doesn't beat Craig, he doesn't get his championship. If he didn't finish the race, he would still be second to Craig. It was all or nothing. He didn't care about the car, he's getting a new VE racecar next year. Craig is in front of him with a better behaving car. Rick was still making adjustments at the bloody start line!! He tagged Craig Lowndes.

However, he only turned him around and was penalised for that. If Lowndes wasn't hit after he was tagged, he would have surely beat Rick. But it's still Rick's fault. The only way he could win was to take out his opponent.

Face it, no matter how you look at it, if Kelly didn't tag Lowndes, we wouldn't be celebrating a Kelly championship. Simple.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 12-10-2006 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    This has been BULLSHIT.

Who is going to tell me that this is fair? EVERY RACE there was an infringement AGAINST LOWNDES by a HOLDEN DRIVER.

Race One: Mark Skaife blocks Lowndes, recieves bad sportsmanship flag.

Race Two: Garth Tander blocks Lowndes, recieves bad sportsmanship flag, drive through penalty.

Race Three: Rick Kelly tags Lowndes, recieves drive through penalty. Wins championship.
    All the Holden drivers were penalised, what more do you want? They weren't exactly going to lay down and let him through were they?
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    All the Holden drivers were penalised, what more do you want?
    They were cheating. That's the point. If Mark and Garth played it fair and didn't block him, the result may well have been different in the lead up to the third race.

I see you have edited:

They weren't exactly going to lay down and let him through were they?
    No, they are going to slow down, let baby Rick catch up, then block Craig for the rest of the race, until they are black flagged. It's funny how in race two, Rick suddenly gets right behind Craig, past Skaife (and maybe another).
    Last edited by adrenaline; 12-10-2006 at 12:32 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

All the Holden drivers were penalised, what more do you want? They weren't exactly going to lay down and let him through were they?
    Skaife wasn't black flagged
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by HSVLVR
    Skaife wasn't black flagged
    He should have been, but was only given bad sportsmanship. Race control got their act together in race two when it was happening all over again.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    They were cheating. That's the point. If Mark and Garth played it fair and didn't block him, the result may well have been different in the lead up to the third race.
    Life's not fair unfortunately. The only mistake they made was getting done for blocking, rather than just planting their cars in the middle of the line and not moving.
    – Hunter Thompson

Kelly's engineer was HEARD saying win it or bin it we dont need the car anymore.... FFS, if thats not enough for you, then I dunno. Cold brakes, cold tyres, whatever, its the same for em all. That little c*** Kelly is a cheat. He'll get his.
    Good to see that the walkinshaw empires return has brought back with it its dubious tactics and views of sportsmanship.
    V8SCS can get ****ed if it lets Kelly stay champ.
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 12-10-2006 at 12:54 AM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Yeah Im pissed off....
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    I dont care what u dumbass Holden loving ****wits have to say.
    Thanks. I love you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    HRT-HSV Dealer team collaborated against CL. Obvious as day. IF YOU BELIEVE OTHER THAN THAT THEN YOU ARE A ****ING MORON.
    Kelly's engineer was HEARD saying win it or bin it we dont need the car anymore.... FFS, if thats not enough for you, then I dunno.
    Well no shit Sherlock. I can't see anyone denying it. At least they had the stones to do it.
    – Hunter Thompson

Yeah lets hope Peter Wollerman has the 'stones' as u put it, to make the right call and take Ricks points off him for the last race.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information