Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Round 1 Adelaide, Clipsal 500

V8 Supercars: Round 1 Adelaide, Clipsal 500

It is only 17 days(from when I posted) until the first round of the 2007 V8 Supercar Series begins. After a grueling battle last year, will Lowndes fire back as payback as for what Rick Kelly did? Or Will Mark Skaife take the round and beat Peter Perfects Round Win Record? You will have to wait until it starts!

I honestly think that Skaife will win it.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

You dont think you couldve held out for another fortnight?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    You dont think you couldve held out for another fortnight?
    Nope, it's going to be awesome, that's why.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

This thread is too soon.

Anyways, I do wonder how fast the VE supercars will be. From what I've heard, they should be pretty darn good.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

MY friend bought my 4 day-pass ticket a few months ago. Of course, I gave him the money . Also, I'm a neutral and I have never seen a live V8 supercar race so the Clipsal 500 should be exciting.
    Last edited by john14; 02-13-2007 at 04:46 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    MY friend bought my 4 day-pass ticket a few months ago. Of course, I gave him the money . Also, I'm a neutral and I have never seen a live V8 supercar race so the Clipsal 500 should be exciting.
    You'll find it's a hell of alot louder than how it sounds on TV
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Anyways, I do wonder how fast the VE supercars will be. From what I've heard, they should be pretty darn good.
    Being a control formula that is bordering on a silhouette formula they wont be much if any faster than last years cars.

Its been a long time since they had anything to do with what you can actually buy.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Well its that fact that the VE's had to be chopped up to fit into the category that everyone thinks Walkinshaw's found a bag of speed in them. The CoG in them will be far better than the VZ for example, so if the teams figure out how to take advantage of that, they should find themselves alot faster than the old VZ's.
    I am the Stig

If you read in MOTOR this month in it, they had their hands tied behind their back in designing it to some extent for the sake of parity and fairness, especially as the Orion supercar is at least 2 years away, even though for arguments sake it took about that long for Holden to get cars that were even with the BA
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Being a control formula that is bordering on a silhouette formula they wont be much if any faster than last years cars.

Its been a long time since they had anything to do with what you can actually buy.
    The VE is an all new supercar. Project Blueprint limits things like wheelbase, so they have lost their advantage there. But the VE supercar is wider, which gives an obvious advantage. It also carries many new innovations:

Quote Originally Posted by AutoAction via FAF

Holdens new VE commodore race features a new “quick change” front end structure to make front end crash repairs quicker and easier.

Ahead of tomorrows official unveiling of the defending champion rick Kelly’s new toll HSV dealer team VE, the all new model’s innovations have been revealed.

Designed by walkinshaw performance, behind the racing operations of both HSVDT and HRT, the racing version of holdens “billion dollar baby” is cheaper and quicker to build, as well as being safer and easier to repair.

WP’s racing boss Craig Wilson estimates that the “cut and shut” VE which has to be shortend to comply with the rules - requires 30-40% fewer man hours to complete, with the same reduction in build cost.

It uses the VZ engine, drive train, and suspension to further facilitate the changeover to VE and reduce the risk of the normal new-car reliability issues.

The front chassis rails have been digitally designed to withstand a bigger impact, improving reparability and increasing resistance to foot well intrusion in an extreme accident.

The front sub frame has crushable chassis rail extensions which can be repaired quickly and easily, reducing the amount of major damage that could cripple a VZ and require extensive front end repairs.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

13 days now cant wait The HSV DT have already launched their 2007 cars they got some pics up on the site. I can sort of see the DTM style Slick was referring to.

Jack Daniels racing has revealed their cars too with the 2 new drivers Shane Price and Jack Perkins some might know then from their unfortunate 2006 bathurst debut which had Skaife into the wall after his major clutch slip. HRT's launch is due tomorrow morning at 10am.

There is also some pics on the V8 supercars website from the 2007 launch.
    Last edited by Peter PaP; 02-15-2007 at 05:15 AM.
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

The launches seem a bit delayed really, considering the rumour mill's already going that Steve Owen's been signed by SBR for 2008 to replace Ingall.
    I am the Stig

New Fuel

Shell Australia today announced that its high-density high-octane fuel Shell V-Power Racing will be the official fuel of the 2007 V8 Supercar Championship Series. V8 Supercar teams are set to use the super premium 100 octane fuel formulated with 5% ethanol from the first round of the series in March.

Shell V-Power Racing is designed to deliver increased engine performance, sharper acceleration and enhanced power and is the only 100 octane fuel available at the pump, enabling everyday motorists the opportunity to use the same fuel as V8 Supercar drivers.

Maria Spizzirri, Fuels Manager said: “We are delighted to be the official fuel supplier of the V8 Supercar Championship Series. This sponsorship provides us with a great opportunity to put our ‘super-premium fuel’ to the test in some of the toughest conditions in Australia.”

The unique properties of Shell V-Power Racing demonstrate why it is a good match for the V8 Championship Series:

o Shell V-Power Racing contains Shell’s unique Friction Modification Technology (FMT) designed to help engines turn more freely and improve performance.
    o Shell V-Power Racing has an octane rating of 100 RON and is formulated with 5% ethanol. It is designed to provide more power and improved responsiveness in many modern and high performance cars.
    o Shell V-Power Racing contains a powerful cleaning formula designed to improve engine responsiveness by removing power-robbing deposits, helping the fuel to burn more effectively.

“We are proud to be involved with the V8 Supercars which is one of the most popular sports in Australia – over 1,673,900 racing fans attending the Championship series last year. These fans understand cars and engines and know the difference a quality performance fuel can make to their V8 team’s success.

“We wish the drivers and teams the very best for a successful and safe season, and look forward to the results of the 2007 V8 Supercar Championship Series,” continued Maria.
    From www.v8supercars.com.au

For 2007 channel 7 is also apart of the big news after ten fantastic years with channel 10 channel 7 kicks in this year for the next six years and a big year it will be for all of us in racing. 25 extra hours in live television both on Saturday and Sunday a weekly dedicated program on those weekends that we're not racing, and as you heard at our HRT function at the end of last year Neil Crompton's also back with the ch7 team as well.
    Quote from Andrew McKenzie HRT 2007 Launch
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

I thought they were already running the Shell 100RON? Or are they just crapping on about the name change?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Yeah, just the name change. I wouldve thought though most people wouldve put 2 and 2 together after Optimax was renamed to V-Power.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information