Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette C6 First Official Photos!!!!!

Chevrolet Corvette C6 First Official Photos!!!!!

Chevrolet Corvette C6 First Official Photos!!!!!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003 Cadillac CTS
    2000 Buell Lightning X1
    1990 Volvo 740 GLE Wag-on

i want one or 2
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

oh yeaaaaaah!! i love the new vette, i'm so glad that it doesn't look like the NSX like everyone was saying it did, very imporoved interior. i thought exposed headlights wouldn't look good but i was wrong. does any one know the performance figures yet?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Real nice !! I didn't think it would look that good from the 1st set of pix I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    oh yeaaaaaah!! i love the new vette, i'm so glad that it doesn't look like the NSX like everyone was saying it did, very imporoved interior. i thought exposed headlights wouldn't look good but i was wrong. does any one know the performance figures yet?
    Yep, like it.

Pays homage to the classic Corvette without being a copy.

BUT, I do think it would be difficult to tell Corvette and NSX apart from some angles. Position of the side vents and the rear window make it a no-brainer though for the 'experts'.

From head-on it's not so easy - except the badge
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-01-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yep, like it.

Pays homage to the classic Corvette without being a copy.

BUT, I do think it would be difficult to tell Corvette and NSX apart from some angles. Position of the side vents and the rear window make it a no-brainer though for the 'experts'.

From head-on it's not so easy - except the badge
    it's pretty easy though if you know what to look for even without the badge, the corvette's grill on the front is wider and thinner, and the nsx's headlights are closer together, but in this picture it looks more like the nsx's grill...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    it's pretty easy though if you know what to look for even without the badge, the corvette's grill on the front is wider and thinner, and the nsx's headlights are closer together, but in this picture it looks more like the nsx's grill...
    Wow, you'd have to be pretty good to knwo one from the other if you only SAW one of them !!

It's a major problem for designers. Same as in F1. If you design in a wind-tunnel then it all looks similar. If the marque doesn't already have a distinctive nose icon ( grille, badge, shape ) then it must be a nightmare for them.

Hm looks okay.looks a little bit japanesy, and it looks a bit short side on....i still think the 86/87 vettes look the best

C6 or C5 and a half ??

Is this an all new model or just a facelift ? Coz honestly i dont see that much of a difference. I do think it looks awesome just like the C5, its just that i came to expect more in terms of exterior styling alterations when a new model is developed.
    And yes, it does look similar to the NSX also.
    The interior is a good improvement and I hope they raised their fit and finish as well as the quality of materials used.
    The C5 stood out by being a true american, good handling sports car that offered exceptional value for money. I really hope it stays that way.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Thumbs up

Guuuuuuuys.....its ****in creazy.....iiiiiiii love it .....and i can't wait to know every shit about its performance
    [I]You May Find A Supercars List......But For Dhamn Sure Vettes are The Best[/I]

to me it looks like the new viper with hints of the ss concept throughout the bodywork. it looks like theyve decreased the rear overhang as well
    I am the Stig

Well its still nice lookignb ut im sideing with shaker and also with Misho. But still its better then the concept.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The car looks great, and there's nothing to complain about it's engine. Chevrolet sure has made an excellent job with the C6.

The C6 is certainly on my wish list now...
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

To me it's over appearence is much more balanced, getting rid of the extremely long hood. I think most of the 5 inch reduction came from there and it works out well.

Anybody about what happened to the wheel base?

I also saw in the specs that rear suspension is sprung by a transverse leaf spring. Has that always been a feature of a Corvette? Appears to be distinctly outdated but may be there is a good explanation for using it.

Thread Information