Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Need For Speed Undercover

NFS has gone to hell, due to them spending 12 months making each new game. Good games take longer than that. I personally think ProStreet was the best they've made in a while, Carbon was terrible.
    As long as this provides the same couple of hours of joy the previous games have, I'll be satisfied I guess.
    All about the t-tops

the game is made for people who like to tune up their cars and modify them to an extreme sense of fashion. It is indeed not a serious driving game much like Gran turismo or forza but its one of those games you play because somehow it has some kind of story. It looks good on the pics you have posted but i will be best judge the new NFS game once i had tried it. Love the very first version of the game sponsored by road and Track magazine back in the 90s, the new ones are just as good but entertainment compared to actually feel; of driving. The last few nfs games was a bit of a let down because of the minimal choices of cars. i think EA must get more licenses for new and old cars.

Will not bother with this one kthxbai.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    there's almost a reason for doing the races
    Because I really enjoy racing. GTR2 has ruined all others

If they make it like most wanted again then I'll be happy. I reckon that incarnation had the best balance between races and free-roam. I loved just heading out in a fast car and bashing up loads of police cars.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

i loved the cop chases in most wanted! that was fun!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I think this will very much be like Most Wanted. Daylight underground racing, freeroam, and cops that drives the Nissan GTR.

I honestly believe that NFS is that sort of fun, yet cheesy game, not a serious simulator. They tried with Pro Street, but they failed miserably. Even EA admitted that, so they've gone back to illegal street racing.

The last proper NFS was 6: supercars and high speed racing, no tuning BS. The problem with it was that it quickly became boring, maybe that's why they have this tuning stuff, that keeps you doing new things for a long time. BTW NFS 8 Underground 2 was quite realistic, but only when you turned off the traction control. That gave the cars a real character. I'm still driving with it. (+ drift in NFS 7)

Underground 2 was tons of fun. Porsche Unleashed was tons of fun. High Stakes may be my favorite racing game ever.

I've been playing MW again in my recent unemployed state, and it's fun. But only in small doses.

Depending on how it looks, plays, and what kinds of features it has, I may pick it up for 360.

Edit: And bring back the in-depth tuning from Underground 2! I loved setting boost maps and timing advance.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Edit: And bring back the in-depth tuning from Underground 2! I loved setting boost maps and timing advance.
    Agreed. I'm thinking of playing more with race sims. Especially if EA keeps spending 1 year to develop a new game. I think it's not the car selection or music or tracks or rules. It's how well it's done. I would love to love NFS again.

EA should spend more time on developing better games. They obviously worry too much about the welfare of their employees' families...

Probably last lot of screenshots before the real game.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NFS honeslty had a solid ground until they decided to make underground
    - A 1 7

i still got the feeling they're selling more copies now than they would continuing previous scheme...
    12 cylinders or walk!

Oh my god i cannnnnnnnnot wait to play.

Hope graphics wernt sacrificed for gameplay, but knowing NFS i doubt it was.

Fingers crossed

Thread Information