Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Golden Ferrari

on a side note, I think I've already seen those air intakes side by side to the grille, in the lower part of the front fascia. They seem a little DBS-ish, but I think there is something even more similar than that, maybe from a tuning company.

HALP
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    Why would you goldplate a Boxster?
    Seriously, it's like getting a world-renowned architect to design your house, but after that you only have enough money to make it in 1:48 scale.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Why would you goldplate a Boxster?
    Seriously, it's like getting a world-renowned architect to design your house, but after that you only have enough money to make it in 1:48 scale.
    No, it's more like getting a famous architect to decorate your trailer-park mobile home - you'll have something nice, but at the end of the day, it's still a mobile home in a trailer park.

edit- Pretty much everything in front of the windshield is good, everything from there; not so good.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    the reason you dont' make cars out of solid gold is gold is a very VERY soft metal.
    Park the car in the garage for a month and by the time you go to drive it out the panels are all droppy ... think of a Salvador Dali painting of a Porsche
    you know, i think i get it now, they designed a car that would look better as it aged, that's why it's starting out really ugly

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    612K and 575GTZ aren't official though.
    Didn't know they had the same treatment as the P4/5.
    I could expect it for the K since it's another Pininfarina, but not for the GTZ, also because, afaik, Zagato doesn't have the tools to produce, just designed the car.
    612K and P 4/5 were done through the same program at Pininfarina at the same time. I believe 575 GTZ was designed and produced at Zagato under similar circumstances. As far as I know Zagato produced the Maserati GS Zagato Coupe and the Bentley Conti GTZ on their own.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    612K and P 4/5 were done through the same program at Pininfarina at the same time. I believe 575 GTZ was designed and produced at Zagato under similar circumstances. As far as I know Zagato produced the Maserati GS Zagato Coupe and the Bentley Conti GTZ on their own.
    I know the circumstances, but i never heard the 612K was officially recognized, and same for the 575GTZ.
    I remember an interview with Zagato himself stating they are just a design company, they don't produce the cars, just working prototypes at best (I checked the site, wasn't really helpful).
    Like Bertone, which designed the Mantide, but it was actually engineered and built by Danisi Engineering and another company which supplied the carbon fiber parts. Carbon Avio, or something similar, I can't remember right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I know the circumstances, but i never heard the 612K was officially recognized, and same for the 575GTZ.
    The cars would not have had Ferrari badges, if Ferrari had not given the nod. Why would Ferrari not approve? All these cars were bought by their biggest customers. I believe that Ferrari even helped Zagato find suitable candidates for the cars. BTW, Robson Walton also owns one of the Zagato Ferraris.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The cars would not have had Ferrari badges, if Ferrari had not given the nod. Why would Ferrari not approve? All these cars were bought by their biggest customers. I believe that Ferrari even helped Zagato find suitable candidates for the cars. BTW, Robson Walton also owns one of the Zagato Ferraris.
    I thought there were only two 575GTZ, both commissioned and owned by the same Japanese collector.
    So, who's Robson Walton?

And also, even the GG50 have been recognized?
    And the 348 Elaborazione?

Even the Novitecs have the Ferrari badges, but I know for a fact it's one of the only two approved tuners by Ferrari (the other being Stola iirc), being also technical partners, as it is Italdesign too.

Btw, thanks for the info.
    This is going to mess up even more my archive. What has to go where?

I think it kind of looks like an evil Dino. With cars like this, seems like it's less important that it looks good and more important that it's expensive and no one else in your postal code will have one. I want to see it with real headlights, a fixed top, and no shark gills...oh wait, I just described a real Ferrari.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    you know, i think i get it now, they designed a car that would look better as it aged, that's why it's starting out really ugly
    possibly because of the car being made could be called The Golden Years?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

the car's now official as Ferrari P540 Superfast Aperta: here are the pics from my website
    12 cylinders or walk!

I like the rear, not so much the front. The color is just wrong... and the name.... bahhh

Horrific; the design is "meh" enough, the color kills it

I think that my original opinion still stands.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

ehm... better than what I thought, still not enough to say that it is ok.

Thanks for the shots dydzi, some of the tail?

I'd be curious to know how they went to create an open top on the 599 though

Thread Information