Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landau Bars For '76 Limo... Demo Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I think the shorter set looks better on the car.
    I am leaning toward the shorter ones. They seem to fit in a little better. I will try to make a final decision by Monday and I will just hang on to the other set of bars.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    Thanks. Yes, it is fun to hang out in the rear compartment. With the radio on and the windows open.

Once the landau bars are properly installed (whatever ones I choose), I will post a few more pics.
    Given that its such a blast to chill out back there, I think the only appropriate final touch to the completion of this vehicle would be the employment of a chauffeur to haul you from A - B .

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Given that its such a blast to chill out back there, I think the only appropriate final touch to the completion of this vehicle would be the employment of a chauffeur to haul you from A - B .
    I have thought of that. So far, I have only asked friends to drive it so I can ride in the back.

Another vote for the short ones.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Shorter, and may I suggest to polish the car as well? Not sure if that's the pics, btu it looks a bit opaque.

I guess neighbors often stop looking at your cars Fleet (see the truck in the other alley in the first image).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Yea, I have to say the shorter ones as well. They just look like they fit in better, and look good.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

I vote for short ones, too (reasons listed above )
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I have pretty much decided on the shorter ones. When I hold both sets up against the roof (the side of the roof, actually), the mounting areas of the small ones fit flush against the car. With the larger ones, a few parts of it stick out, which means it would have to be bent to fit against the car.

Since the short ones are in better condition, it should be easier to refinish, too.

So it looks like I will be going with popular opinion and use the short ones. A Cadillac friend recommended a re-plating shop not far away (about 7 miles).

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Shorter, and may I suggest to polish the car as well? Not sure if that's the pics, btu it looks a bit opaque.
    It had a complete detailing last November, including waxing. The paint is faded in places and there is some spider-webbing of the paint. Taking that into consideration, the detailer did a good job. It certainly looked better after the job than before!

I guess neighbors often stop looking at your cars Fleet (see the truck in the other alley in the first image).
    About one week after I bought it, I parked it in the street right in front of the house. This was when it still had a white top. I was looking out at the street from an upstairs window and was watching the cars drive by. Many people driving by would slow down and look at it before driving on. It was kind of funny because it's not like no one has ever seen a limo before.

The (landau) bars are now on the limo. As can be seen, I used the smaller set and I decided not to re-chrome them.

Here are some photos from different angles. I'm glad I decided on this set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice ... VERY nice.

GOod job ..... now, as has been said ... you need to get polishing
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Nice ... VERY nice.

GOod job ..... now, as has been said ... you need to get polishing
    Thanks, Matra. You were right (along with the others) who said the smaller ones look better. They do seem to fit right in.

I put some chrome polish on them before they went on the roof, but now they have fingerprints all over them and smears, so I'll have to do it again.

I will do the bumpers, too. They can probably use another application of polish.

Over the weekend I am going to take some photos showing the entire car... too dark when I took this first set of photos.

I forgot to post pics showing the entire car after the landau bars were added.
    Here are 3. The last two show it parked among common cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Definately those were the right ones to fit.
    Looks good.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Definately those were the right ones to fit.
    Looks good.
    Yes, you (along with some others) chose the right ones. The longer ones just wouldn't fit in with the roof line as the smaller ones do. I sure am glad the shorter ones (posted on the Cadillac-LaSalle website/forum) showed up for sale at the same time as the longer ones (posted on eBay) did.

I sure am saving fuel with the limo... because it hasn't been driven for 10 days! I may drive it on Wednesday.

Thread Information