Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini vs. Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I don't think race wins are important.

It is cool that Ferrari races though.
    I think quite the opposite actually. Its hugely important that Ferrari races. Porsche has subscribed to the Axiom "We race the cars we sell," as opposed to ferrari who go about business as "We sell the the cars we race." Who do you think builds the better performing car?

Ferrari stuffs their cars with technology that has back tracked its way from Formula 1 and both the 599XX and FXX programs. it has given drivers the brilliant semi automatic gearbox, superb traction control, and brilliant engines. If Ferrari is doing well on the track, it will show in its street cars later.

Not that Lamborghini hasn't built great cars as well. In fact, they are brilliant. But I don't see Lamborghinis as well refined or focused as a Ferrari.

But Lamborghini has Audi as a handicap, IMO. Audi's quattro setup is really holding them back. The Balboni was a raw and brilliant car, and I think Lambo should continue to build RWD cars, except make it a permanent option or model.

And I would just like to throw this out their, Audi has been rumored to enter Formula 1 any year now.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    Pre 00s = Ferrari
    Post 00s = Lambo
    if that's the two options.. you devious man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    I think quite the opposite actually. Its hugely important that Ferrari races. Porsche has subscribed to the Axiom "We race the cars we sell," as opposed to ferrari who go about business as "We sell the the cars we race." Who do you think builds the better performing car?
    there's still a big gap between their race cars and road cars, but the gap is smaller with the porsche models imo.. spec up a GT3 the right way and you're ready for an entry level enduro race.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I can't really decide at the moment. Some years ago, the answer would have been Ferrari, but at the moment, both companies are doing equally well: Ferrari isn't as focused as they were in the past, and Lambo is gaining rapidly. I think I'll come back to this decision when I've seen both the Enzo sucessor and the new Jota.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Miura never did much for me. A Ferrari Daytona has a higher top speed, more reliable, MUCH easier to get in and out of and MUCH more comfortable. While the styling isn't as revolutionary as the Miura, I happen to like the way the Daytona looks better.
    Now that's funny because from the 60ies Ferraris the Daytona was the least appealing to me. I'd rather go with a 365 GTC, styling wise...it may not be the no-compromise sportscar, but it looks infinitely better than the Daytona.
    And yes, the Miura had its flaws, surprised you did not mention its tendency to take off at high speed, but it had the wow-factor, and very much of it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

this may have been the case in the past, but for a very long time both factories go by the axiom: You race the cars we sell (at a ridiculously high price, especially Porsche).
    You may notpick about Ferrari selling its obsolete F1 cars to Cliente Corse people, but in general the non F1 Ferraris you see on track are privately owned and operated and so are the Porsches, although some programmes were hardly disguished works efforts (LMP2 to name one).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    there's still a big gap between their race cars and road cars, but the gap is smaller with the porsche models imo.. spec up a GT3 the right way and you're ready for an entry level enduro race.
    I was gonna say - the GT3 is surely one of the most track focused cars from a major manufacturer - more track oriented than a CS/Scuderia you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTCzSMQNrB0&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTCzSMQNrB0&feature=channel[/ame]
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I don't think race wins are important.

It is cool that Ferrari races though.
    I think Lambo has recently found that they are important b/c they've helped develop race cars for both of their current (well nearly current) models w/ the Gallardo GT2/3 cars and the Murcielago R-GT in GT1

I was gonna say - the GT3 is surely one of the most track focused cars from a major manufacturer - more track oriented than a CS/Scuderia you think?
    depends on what specs you tick - the scuderia seems to be pretty 'fixed' for options, you can tick boxes until the GT3 is ready to race at club level/ipr races or enduro, or go theother way until it's a very sharp street car with some comforts.
    even so, compare it to 'actual' race stuff like carrera cup cars, there's still a big gap.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I believe you guys are forgetting the 458 Challenge car. That is hardcore. It comes with a roll cage for gods sake. The engine is stock, but the ratios are tuned, and so are the gearbox electronics. It has better suspension, and larger tires, with slicks available. it can sustain 1.6Gs, as much as its ALMS F430 cousin. And, its not road legal.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

I believe you guys are forgetting the 458 Challenge car. That is hardcore. It comes with a roll cage for gods sake.
    IIRC there's also a roll cage box you can tick off when you're speccing GT3 and GT2 cars. I think you can even choose between a small selection of colors that you want it painted lol.

I believe you guys are forgetting the 458 Challenge car. That is hardcore. It comes with a roll cage for gods sake. The engine is stock, but the ratios are tuned, and so are the gearbox electronics. It has better suspension, and larger tires, with slicks available. it can sustain 1.6Gs, as much as its ALMS F430 cousin. And, its not road legal.
    You mean like the Challenge model of the 430, 360, 355.. They're created to be raced in the series set up specifically for it, I forget the name. Probably something to do with Ferrari and Challenge.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    You mean like the Challenge model of the 430, 360, 355.. They're created to be raced in the series set up specifically for it, I forget the name. Probably something to do with Ferrari and Challenge.
    not unlike the Porsche Cups....

Lambo also has its cup cars doesn't it? with Gallardos?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Lambo also has its cup cars doesn't it? with Gallardos?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information