Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just one more reason to hate Ssang Yong

Listen, we are all straying from the true topic here: the Actyon is a piece of crap. Coupe or sedan. Or SUV. Or SUV Coupe. Or SUV Sedan. Or plain old car. Or means of transport.

If you worked for that Ssang Yong, how could you take pride in your job?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Listen, we are all straying from the true topic here: the Actyon is a piece of crap. Coupe or sedan. Or SUV. Or SUV Coupe. Or SUV Sedan. Or plain old car. Or means of transport.

If you worked for that Ssang Yong, how could you take pride in your job?
    You seem quite certain in your damnation. But by what qualification do you base your verdict. I mean, have you ever seen an Actyon in 3D? Or inspected one up close? Or sat in one? Or been transported in one? Or (heaven forbid) have you actually driven one?

If you qualify for none of the above, then how could you take pride in your critique?

You are a wise man nota. I am but a pathetic armchair pundit and can but only comment on that which I read or learn of in some other way. That being said, I am not sure that you have to experience everything firsthand to make a comment on it necessarily (though I am not quite sure), but in a case like this, I think that comedy and speculation ovveride firsthand knowledge (once again, could be wrong). But if first hand trials were required to comment on cars, this website would be a lot quiter .

Once upon a time it was writ in stone by armchair experts that anything manufactured ex-japan was rubbish. More recently it was Korea's turn, and nowdays China

I confess to being a bit partial to 'try harder' car companies and don't mind going in to bat for a cheap underdog - if supposed 'dog' has a loyal disposition, can wag its tail and is house trained. If it wears a coat of individuality then so be it. Ssangyong seems to fit that bill. For sure you couldn't call them the best vehicles in the world - nor close to the worst, I'd wager. But to those of thin wallets and open mind, the tradeoff of price vs value for many of their models seems (potentially) pretty decent, imho

I saw the Actyon at the motorshow, and it was 'different'. To me, it's definately not a catwalk model, but there were still quite a few taking a look at it. The front grille scared me a little...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Everyone seems happy to rag on Ssangyong, but apart from the obvious visual deficincies, I can't remember any bad reviews about them. That monstrous MPV thing actually got quite a positive review from The Car Show (yes I know, hardly a bastion of brilliant automotive journalism but I actually did watch it and the review was fine,) a lot of the old models were just Mercs in drag, they use Merc diesels, and they're pretty dirt cheap.

All that said, you'd never catch me dead in one.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Everyone seems happy to rag on Ssangyong, but apart from the obvious visual deficincies, I can't remember any bad reviews about them. That monstrous MPV thing actually got quite a positive review from The Car Show (yes I know, hardly a bastion of brilliant automotive journalism but I actually did watch it and the review was fine,) a lot of the old models were just Mercs in drag, they use Merc diesels, and they're pretty dirt cheap.

All that said, you'd never catch me dead in one.
    In what I've seen of the car show, they don't give bad reviews. If you want to call what they do a review. From what I've seen, they just drive the cars and talk about them (I don't watch the show much).
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota
    There's plenty of 2 door cars which are not coupes (eg sedan, wagon etc)

Therefore having 2 doors is completely unrelated to whether a car is a coupe or not, because the number of doors itself is irrelevant. And ipso facto having 4 doors is also not relevent to whether a car can be defined as a coupe or not
    I'd consider a two door sedan a coupe, but you're right that a 2-door wagon wouldn't be a coupe. Maybe I'm old-fashioned or something, but the way I learned it, if it's a two door with a notchback profile, it's a coupe, and if it's a 4-door with the same profile, it's a sedan. A two-door with a fastback profile could technically be a coupe, but is more correctly a fastback or hatchback, as the case may be. 100% correct? Yeah, to me, but maybe not to others such as yourself, and that's fine - if your definition works for you, don't stop! Mine's worked for me, though, so I hope you see my reluctance to switch over to your POV on it.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Ssang Yong does it, and BMW follow suit. ahem. lol

http://www.arpem.com/coches/coches/s...actyon-lat.jpg

Autoblog

Both are extremely hideous, yet one would get special affection only.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Ssang Yong does it, and BMW follow suit. ahem. lol

http://www.arpem.com/coches/coches/s...actyon-lat.jpg

Autoblog

Both are extremely hideous, yet one would get special affection only.
    Why would anyone buy either? At least the old X5 was mildly attractive but who the hell will buy an X6?

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Why would anyone buy either? At least the old X5 was mildly attractive but who the hell will buy an X6?
    many people I am afraid....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    many people I am afraid....
    I have the hope the one day all those pointless, idiotic niche segments will disappear simply because there will be so many different types of car that the sales figures just won't add up to make economical sense.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I have the hope the one day all those pointless, idiotic niche segments will disappear simply because there will be so many different types of car that the sales figures just won't add up to make economical sense.
    yep, we'll go from a couple of volume models into a disaggregated world of so called niche markets. Hopefully the niches will be so small that they will fit nobody..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    yep, we'll go from a couple of volume models into a disaggregated world of so called niche markets. Hopefully the niches will be so small that they will fit nobody..
    Yes, what is with these niche markets?

How many more can they find?

These 4 door coupe things are getting annoying. It's the next biggest thing. Now VW and BMW want one.

Thread Information