Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The epitome of American ignorance?

two years ago furious F1 fans were throwing bottles at the cars during the slimmed down Indianapolis GP....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    this sort of stuff happens in all sorts of racing and sport events. At Man UTD vs Liverpool football matches at anfield, whichever fans are in the tier above the other are known to poo in plastic bags, piss in cups and lob it at the crowd below
    THAT does not happen in the US
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Is that the Epitome of Dutch/Italian/British ignorance ?
    At Man UTD vs Liverpool football matches at anfield, whichever fans are in the tier above the other are known to poo in plastic bags, piss in cups and lob it at the crowd below
    No, that is.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    No, that is.
    I think they are very well aware of what they are doing and of its consequences. How can that be the epitome of ignorance?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It's not, but we already realized that I should have said stupidity, or something.
    Stop picking on me! I was wrong, I shouldn't have said ignorance. If you really hate it, edit my post :P
    Where is the love?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Where is the love?
    i left it in my other pair of pants.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

this isnt the first time this has happened. in fact, almost every time gordon has won at talladega he has had bottles and cans lobbed at him. there was even a roll of toilette paper. people are still so in love with earnhart sr. that they still despise gordon for being his biggest competitor, even 5 years after his death.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thank god this doesn't happen in every sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i left it in my other pair of pants.
    You would. Didn't your mother drum it into you hard enough while you were a child?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    this isnt the first time this has happened. in fact, almost every time gordon has won at talladega he has had bottles and cans lobbed at him. there was even a roll of toilette paper. people are still so in love with earnhart sr. that they still despise gordon for being his biggest competitor, even 5 years after his death.
    I think there are similar feelings with Senna fans vis-a-vis Schumacher...although not shown in such violent way.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think there are similar feelings with Senna fans vis-a-vis Schumacher...although not shown in such violent way.
    Which is beautiful if you ask me. Because unlike NASCAR, F1 attracts a more civilized crowd which dont tend to act up on such stupid things as a broken record...

Now I'm not saying that its because of ignorance, stupidity or any thing in that spirit. Its just the nature of people watching that sort of events. Face it different events draw different crowds, and NASCAR dosnt exactly draw the most intelegent type (no offence, im sure there are very well educated people who adore NASCAR)
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

The race was in Alabama, what did you expect to happen? Throwing flowers?
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 05-01-2007 at 05:59 AM.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I think it's just a thing people do. Sometimes people's behavior can't be explained. There are plenty of examples. As for me, I don't get it when people buy season tickets for PSV (around €300), but don't come to see the game but to drink waaaaay to much. If they want to do that, do that at home because they ruin the atmosphere for other people (like me) who come to the stadium to enjoy the game and not to see some drunk ass throwing beer and shouting at other people.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 05-01-2007 at 05:58 AM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

this sort of stuff happens in all sorts of racing and sport events. At Man UTD vs Liverpool football matches at anfield, whichever fans are in the tier above the other are known to poo in plastic bags, piss in cups and lob it at the crowd below
    What more do you expect from Northerners?

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    How can that be the epitome of ignorance?
    Ignorance of how to behave in a restrained, civilised manner?

A trait by no means exclusive to Americans.

i happen to be a big nascar fan and a big dale jr fan. i actually used to hate jeff gordon too but as of late i have begun to like him because i feel bad for him and he puts up with soo much crap and sort of shakes it off which i can respect but lemme lay down an explaination for all your foreign types in here :^) (just foolin around guys)

Gordon was not Dale Sr. big rival, his biggest rival was actually darryl waltrip. and earnheardt fans dont hate gordon because of dale sr, they hate him because of jeff gordon. gordon is the anti-earnheardt. people see gordon as a spoiled little rich boy who has had everything handed to him on a silver platter by daddy. where as dale sr had to work his way up and had a really crappy life, but never gave up and finally got a big break and through hard work and perserverence he made it to the top...the American way. Dale Sr. personifies the American dream and thats why people love him.

now here is when the "ignorance" comes in. dale sr. came up the hard way but many could argue that dale jr didn't. and this is kind of true, without dale sr. its pretty doubtfull that dale jr would have ever become a driver. however it seems pretty clear that dale jr was never spoiled, his old man used to whoop his ass pretty hard. while jeff gordon was pretty much a spoiled little punk who never worked a day in his life (u know, the kind of kid who gets a brand new m3 for his first car in highschool and never worked a day in his life).

also, it should be noted that dale jr and jeff gordon are actually buds. jr even asked his fans not to throw anything, but if they had to throw something, they should throw toilet paper instead of beer, because they could hurt someone or damage a car with a beer can.

secondly...i know ignorance is a very popular word these days but the behavior of many nascar fans lately has nothing to do with ignorance. they are just being drunk and retarded and they dont like gordon because he's very different from them and he's a damn good driver.

as to those who talk crap on nascar fans, go ahead and get off your high horse! nascar fans might be rednecks but at least we arent eurotrash and ive never heard of anyone dying or getting seriously injured in a "nascar riots" (there's never been a nascar riot) so go ahead and clean up your own backyard before you talk crap about someone elses.

Another "Europe Vs America" thread.

How typical.

NASCAR fans need some kind of release after watching such a long and arduous race.

And Football is a release for those hooligan types who somehow think it's ok to trash a city because their team won. even moreso if they lost.

*sighs*
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information