Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Miscellaneous


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7876  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
RacingManiac's Avatar
RacingManiac RacingManiac is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,457
Finally bought Wifi Bacpac and remote for my GoPro Hero 2....
__________________
University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
www.fsae.utoronto.ca
Reply With Quote
  #7877  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Niko_Fx's Avatar
Niko_Fx Niko_Fx is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,802
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Send a message via MSN to Niko_Fx
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
Wow, that's a big change.

How was your vacation?
Vacation was great, thanks!

The change is huge, I know, and I keep using the fact that we want to have a baby as an "excuse"... but deep down I wanted this change. Every time that I jumped in my wife's Sonata and it was sooo comfortable, with leather, soft suspension, with a bunch of gadgets (that somehow I've come to appreciate), with bluetooth connectivity, etc. I kinda wanted to have the same. The Z is a very cool ride, but it is a rough ride... just like any sports car with low profile wheels, tight suspension, hard seats, etc and I do drive 60 miles every day round trip.

Hopefully one day I'll get a "toy" once again as a secondary car, but for now I guess this is it.

I just got a call that the car is in, should be picking it up soon
Reply With Quote
  #7878  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
Wow, nice purchase. I also bought a D7000 DSLR about a month ago and completely forgot to talk about it here.

If I were to buy a DSLR that wasn't Nikon (because I already have lenses from Nikon), it would most probably be Pentax. They're like Nikon, they haven't changed their mount in almost 50 years and nearly everything they made in the past fits.
Thanks. Pretty much why i bought a Pentax. Still have an old Astron and a Tamron 90 -300 lens from my old SF7. Looking forward to using the 300 and not end up with blurry pics. lol.
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #7879  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:57 PM
jcp123's Avatar
jcp123 jcp123 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,138
Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
Send a message via AIM to jcp123
I'd love to fix up my Nikon 35mm cameras, got two of em with all the lenses and equipment. I think if I replaced the battery trays which are corroded pretty much beyond use, they would be a-ok, but to be safe I'd have em serviced if anyone still does that. I'm sure there are some inner workings which need to be lubed up or something
__________________
An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.
Reply With Quote
  #7880  
Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
Sold my 2007 350Z and bought a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring (19" wheels, leather, etc)... The car looks amazing, I'll be picking it up later today.
That possibly the best looking family saloon currently on sale. Good choice!

By the way, manual?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
Vacation was great, thanks!

The change is huge, I know, and I keep using the fact that we want to have a baby as an "excuse"... but deep down I wanted this change. Every time that I jumped in my wife's Sonata and it was sooo comfortable, with leather, soft suspension, with a bunch of gadgets (that somehow I've come to appreciate), with bluetooth connectivity, etc. I kinda wanted to have the same. The Z is a very cool ride, but it is a rough ride... just like any sports car with low profile wheels, tight suspension, hard seats, etc and I do drive 60 miles every day round trip.

Hopefully one day I'll get a "toy" once again as a secondary car, but for now I guess this is it.

I just got a call that the car is in, should be picking it up soon
I can echo these thoughts.

I love my sportscar but my biggest gripe with it is the noise. The ride comfort is excellent but if you get over 110km/h the noise gets tiresome. The short gearing also makes it feels like it's constantly ready for attack mode. And then there's the lack of cruise control, which is quite annoying on motorways.

I do a lot of motorway miles, so some days I wonder if I would've been better off with something more sensible...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #7881  
Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
jcp123's Avatar
jcp123 jcp123 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,138
Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
Send a message via AIM to jcp123
Nice! Wagon is a good choice. Looking at acquiring a wagon myself perhaps as early as late this year.
__________________
An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.
Reply With Quote
  #7882  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
Sold my 2007 350Z and bought a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring (19" wheels, leather, etc)... The car looks amazing, I'll be picking it up later today.

While at the dealer, since this particular dealer sells Kias as well, I traded in my wife's Sonata for a new Kia Optima.

I'll post photos later when I pick up the 6 which they didn't have in the color that I wanted yesterday.
Very damn nice. Keep it real.
Reply With Quote
  #7883  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:18 PM
jcp123's Avatar
jcp123 jcp123 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,138
Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
Send a message via AIM to jcp123
Bought about $17 worth of bulk laundry service at the washateria. Felt like a waste of money before I realized how long that would have taken to do it at home.
__________________
An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.
Reply With Quote
  #7884  
Old 03-24-2013, 02:57 AM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
I can echo these thoughts.

I love my sportscar but my biggest gripe with it is the noise. The ride comfort is excellent but if you get over 110km/h the noise gets tiresome. The short gearing also makes it feels like it's constantly ready for attack mode. And then there's the lack of cruise control, which is quite annoying on motorways.

I do a lot of motorway miles, so some days I wonder if I would've been better off with something more sensible...
No. Sorry guys I donít see it. I loved my Monaro because of the noise. I actually made it louder. The ride was firm but I loved it. I used that car as a rep mobile and it made my job more enjoyable. It was auto and I actually wished it was a manual. I will never get over having to sell that thing. :-(
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #7885  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
No. Sorry guys I donít see it. I loved my Monaro because of the noise. I actually made it louder. The ride was firm but I loved it. I used that car as a rep mobile and it made my job more enjoyable. It was auto and I actually wished it was a manual. I will never get over having to sell that thing. :-(
Well it depends.

I currently work (and live) in Barcelona for the weekdays. Then on pretty much every wekend I drive 150km up north to Girona, where there's family, friends, great mountain roads, the Costa Brava and general goodness.

To drive there and around the province the Mazda is perfect. There are no motorways, many great roads and you can go top down pretty much all year. It's the 150-odd km between Girona and Barcelona that kill me. There I would prefer soimething quite, comfortable and with cruise control.

The sad fact of the matter is that in the end I end up doing most of my driving in motorways, which do not suit the sportscar at all. The perfect situation would be to leave the Mazda in Girona all year then buy another car to move around, but having two cars is not feasible...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #7886  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 AM
crisis's Avatar
crisis crisis is offline
Space Modulator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6,153
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Well it depends.

I currently work (and live) in Barcelona for the weekdays. Then on pretty much every wekend I drive 150km up north to Girona, where there's family, friends, great mountain roads, the Costa Brava and general goodness.

To drive there and around the province the Mazda is perfect. There are no motorways, many great roads and you can go top down pretty much all year. It's the 150-odd km between Girona and Barcelona that kill me. There I would prefer soimething quite, comfortable and with cruise control.

The sad fact of the matter is that in the end I end up doing most of my driving in motorways, which do not suit the sportscar at all. The perfect situation would be to leave the Mazda in Girona all year then buy another car to move around, but having two cars is not feasible...
I hear you. We have different circumstances.
I would pretend to have sympathy for you but Adelaide roads are crap. And we have no motorways.
__________________
"A string is approximately nine long."
Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Reply With Quote
  #7887  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Clivey's Avatar
Clivey Clivey is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,193
Derby, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Well it depends.

I currently work (and live) in Barcelona for the weekdays. Then on pretty much every wekend I drive 150km up north to Girona, where there's family, friends, great mountain roads, the Costa Brava and general goodness.

To drive there and around the province the Mazda is perfect. There are no motorways, many great roads and you can go top down pretty much all year. It's the 150-odd km between Girona and Barcelona that kill me. There I would prefer soimething quite, comfortable and with cruise control.

The sad fact of the matter is that in the end I end up doing most of my driving in motorways, which do not suit the sportscar at all. The perfect situation would be to leave the Mazda in Girona all year then buy another car to move around, but having two cars is not feasible...
What you need is an E46 3-Series.
__________________
"This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S
Reply With Quote
  #7888  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
What you need is an E46 3-Series.
With a six like yours.

But the problem is that petrol would make even poorer than I am now.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #7889  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Matra et Alpine's Avatar
Matra et Alpine Matra et Alpine is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,781
nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
Think I got the last 4 in the UK in my +1 size for the RX8
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta ....


Wanted to try the newly released Vorti, but not available in my sizes yet - heard good reports of them.
So back to the odd-looking Sessantas which are a near perfect match for the RX8 chassis in the below £200 per corner stakes !!

Got order in for custom softs for the racing too.
Coming highly recommended .... but are REMOULDS.
Been used for many years by the tarmac rally boys and sprinters , they've talked me around and away from my mistrust of remoulds in competition. Been burned in the 70s and never touched a remould since on stage OR road !!!!
But at 1/3 the price of the race rubber I used last season I can afford to go softer and buy 3 sets.
We'll see. Back of my mind still has me thinking that I'll end up buying "real" tyres once I wear the first set


Anyone used Maxxsport RB5s and had bad experience drop me a PM quickly please .........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vredestein[1].JPG (50.7 KB, 53 views)
__________________
"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-27-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7890  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM
RacingManiac's Avatar
RacingManiac RacingManiac is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,457
Is the tire price the same as everything else in UK vs US? Same-ish numerical value but just different currency? $200/corner tire in US right now is a really hot market for performance tire....For the GTI at least you can choose from Michelin Pilot Super Sport, BFG G-Force Rival, Dunlop Direzza ZII, Bridgestone RE-11A among others....
__________________
University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
www.fsae.utoronto.ca
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asif's sexy skirt, david's gaewoo, kitdy man love, kitdys greasy food love, latest, purchases, vaigra's clothes thread., volvo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Oltre Show Car porlamfer Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 14 03-29-2007 01:01 PM
The SHOW before the SHOW! master_liga Miscellaneous 10 05-12-2006 09:27 AM
2005 sydney motor show: whiteballz General Automotive 136 10-21-2005 06:03 AM
awesome pics from our show last weekend Juggs Miscellaneous 6 07-20-2005 12:06 PM
2005 Auto one Classic Car Show - Whiteman Park - Perth, Western Australia truncatus Multimedia 0 03-20-2005 10:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 AM.

 

© 1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com