Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sportec SPR1

Sportec SPR1 – The Essence of a Swiss Supersportscar

It is our professed aim to provide people with a very special kind of mobility. In order to reach this goal, we make use of all our experience and any types of technology – to define new limits of what is possible. Here in Geneva, we are able to present you the essence of all our efforts, a world première: the Sportec SPR1.

A classic sports car design committed to functionality and being full of emotions constitutes the framework for innovative technologies.
    The sports car’s heart is situated inside the rear end: A flat engine featuring more than 800hp.
    This power allows performance ratings high above the possibilities of comparable sports cars.
    Thus, the coupé sprints to 100km/h in 3.0 seconds, to 200km/h in 8.7 seconds and is capable of a top speed far above 380km/h.
    Specially manufactured drive components and axles transfer the existing force surely to the road surface. The electrically adjustable high-performance chassis adapts itself to any requirements at the push of a button. Thereby, the driver benefits from a high degree of safety at high speeds and may enjoy convenient travelling during short or long trips. Beneath the ultra-light and classy forged rims of the classic Sportec design, a luxuriously dimensioned brake system is waiting for the customer. The negative acceleration corresponds to a stopping distance shorter than 36 metres after a speed of 100km/h.
    Inside, the customer finds a clear sports car design according to the highest quality of manufacturing and material. The furnishing will be tailored entirely to the wishes of the customer who will benefit from the advice of specially trained consultants while making his choice.
    The variety of possible combinations and the strict limitation to ten vehicles make each SPR1 a unique specimen. This guarantees the highest degree of exclusiveness.
    The SPR1 – our commitment to the desire of reaching the unreachable ideal and of achieving the maximum possible in favour our customers.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

This car is sex on wheels.

The engine looks 996 to me.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorGraphX
    Yes, it is.

no it isn't. 997 Turbo hadn't been released yet, this has a heavily modified 996 Turbo/GT2 motor in it

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    no it isn't. 997 Turbo hadn't been released yet, this has a heavily modified 996 Turbo/GT2 motor in it
    Hmmm, that's interesting. Seeing as though I saw one today, and there's been videos of production one's that have been bought out on the net for a month or two now.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Hmmm, that's interesting. Seeing as though I saw one today, and there's been videos of production one's that have been bought out on the net for a month or two now.
    nah i mean the 997 turbo hadnt been releaed at the time that THIS car was released, i realise that the 997 turbo is out now, but at the time of release of the SPR1 the 997 turbo was still under wraps...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    nah i mean the 997 turbo hadnt been releaed at the time that THIS car was released, i realise that the 997 turbo is out now, but at the time of release of the SPR1 the 997 turbo was still under wraps...
    Yeah, I knew that's what you meant, just wanted to be narky

Anyway, I haven't seen any detailed info on it, but it's a good possibility that if it was released pre-Turbo release its engine is a turbo Carrera donk, rather than a tuned Porsche donk. Also, Sportec may have a close releationship with Porsche and had early access to a Turbo.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information