View Poll Results: Should there be a go-fast 7?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, an M7.

25 40.98%
  • There should be a go-fast 7, but not an M. 760iS or something like that.

12 19.67%
  • No, a 760i is enough.

24 39.34%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BMW M7 project

That final chop is quite nice, and would make for a nice S8 / AMG style sport model. Should it have M badging... I don't know. Like someone else said, the line should stop at the 5.

EDIT: Looking back at this real quick, it would be similar to Audi. They have the A4 => S4 => RS4, then the A6 => S6 => RS6, and finally the A8 => S8, end. (Not including the A3/S3/A5/S5 for now) Keep that RS out of the equation for the boat of the lineup BMW.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 07-17-2008 at 05:41 AM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    That final chop is quite nice, and would make for a nice S8 / AMG style sport model. Should it have M badging... I don't know. Like someone else said, the line should stop at the 5.

EDIT: Looking back at this real quick, it would be similar to Audi. They have the A4 => S4 => RS4, then the A6 => S6 => RS6, and finally the A8 => S8, end. (Not including the A3/S3/A5/S5 for now) Keep that RS out of the equation for the boat of the lineup BMW.
    Thanks Rocke

While I was doing this chop (all of them), I kept trying to imagine an M badge on a 7 and I just couldn't see how it would fit without making the whole car tacky somehow...

It's all good and well if they maybe provide some M bits, but a full-on M 7 Series just doesn't sound right.

Then again, I heard rumors of an impending X5M and X6M that will supposedly have a 4,something litre twin-turbo V8. I don't care about the turbo engine, in fact I'm looking forward to it if it turns out to be true, what worries me is the idea of BMW actually considering making a fully-fledged version M car out of an X5 and X6...

If true then it appears BMW are going the AMG route and slapping an M badge on every car they produce. Can we then expect an M7 as well?

As others already said, Audi has an S8, Merc has an S63, so I'm going to put my head on the block and say we can expect an M7. Eventually. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I'm not a big fan of fast boats. I draw the line with the M5.
    Agreed. AMG does it to every model and it just doesn't work. BMW Motorsport at least tries to make sure that every model they make is fast, agile, and not overly massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Then again, I heard rumors of an impending X5M and X6M that will supposedly have a 4,something litre twin-turbo V8. I don't care about the turbo engine, in fact I'm looking forward to it if it turns out to be true, what worries me is the idea of BMW actually considering making a fully-fledged version M car out of an X5 and X6...
    I doubt we will see an M version of BMW's SUVs. What we've seen as spy pics are `probably just the twin turbo V8 versions just like the X6 50i and the 750i. At least I hope so.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thanks NSXType-R

The 7 is starting to grow on me a bit, though I still find a couple of aspects of the styling dreadful (tail lights, plasticky "vents" on the sides etc.).
    I really don't like the rear either.

Wanna chop the rear end of this car for the future?

Thanks Rocke

While I was doing this chop (all of them), I kept trying to imagine an M badge on a 7 and I just couldn't see how it would fit without making the whole car tacky somehow...

It's all good and well if they maybe provide some M bits, but a full-on M 7 Series just doesn't sound right.

If true then it appears BMW are going the AMG route and slapping an M badge on every car they produce. Can we then expect an M7 as well?

As others already said, Audi has an S8, Merc has an S63, so I'm going to put my head on the block and say we can expect an M7. Eventually. Sadly.
    Eww, a MX6 and a MX5? Yuck.

The X6 sucks. Kill that car already. It fits nowhere and it's a stupid niche.

And the X5 suks too. I'd rather get a M5 wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Agreed. AMG does it to every model and it just doesn't work. BMW Motorsport at least tries to make sure that every model they make is fast, agile, and not overly massive.
    True, R63 AMG anyone?

not to sound offending, but what makes it the next M in the series if certain designs were a copy of the previous M's?
    - A 1 7

I dunno if you realized it, but this is a chop, where you put together different parts on an image to make it a new car altogether?

yeah but what im saying is hows does taking parts 'obviously from older cars' put together make a whole new car to where its not a next year car but a next series
    - A 1 7

Quote Originally Posted by A17 View Post
    yeah but what im saying is hows does taking parts 'obviously from older cars' put together make a whole new car to where its not a next year car but a next series
    Not following you...

But, I think I understand what you mean. The point of this whole chop wasn't to make a prediction, it's just a flight of imagination. At most, it's simply my version of what I think an M7 may look like if it was ever to be made.

This meant borrowing a bit from BMW's parts bin, tweaking the color, nipping and tucking and making it fit together.

Mostly though, flight of imagination.

NO

Its a stupid idea, its ugly, probarly handles like a sainsburys shopping trolley, and does awful mpg. Whats the point a fast car needs to be low, beautiful, fast on the straits and round corners. The one series, the 3 series and the z4 are all good sports cars but the 7 series should be kept as a luxury cruiser.

Thread Information