Page 54 of 168 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: "What's this car?" Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RenesisEvo View Post
    Piaggio Ape?
    Exactly. Probably a 125.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by italianspirit View Post
    Saw this today
    Makes me think about a Daihatsu Midget.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I'm new at this forum and I was wondering if you could help me with a thing I have on my mind for quite some time.

A friend of mine as a car on his garage and he doesn´t know the brand or model of the car he's got there. You are great at guessing cars, so I´m hoping you could help me, please.

Here are the photos he took at his garage:

The owner of the car would be very grateful if you could help us. If you can't could you please indicates where to find someone who can help us with this?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by starsgoblue; 05-13-2007 at 01:48 PM.

it looks like a strange version of an early Alpine (A106/A108) could it have been based on a Brazilian or mexican chassis? (It does have an Alpine oil filler cap) Where is the car located?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it looks like a strange version of an early Alpine (A106/A108) could it have been based on a Brazilian or mexican chassis? (It does have an Alpine oil filler cap) Where is the car located?
    The car is located in Portugal. My first guess was an Alpine too (oil filler cap). But I was googling and didn´t find anything that looks close to this.
    Maybe the former owner as put that oil filler cap there. I think it's not an Alpine, that's why I'm here trying to know more about this car.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starsgoblue View Post
    The car is located in Portugal. My first guess was an Alpine too (oil filler cap). But I was googling and didn´t find anything that looks close to this.
    Maybe the former owner as put that oil filler cap there. I think it's not an Alpine, that's why I'm here trying to know more about this car.

Thanks
    but the engine looks renault too. what about the suspension parts?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I haven´t got pictures here, but I'll try to get them.

I already googled for images of several french automakers and didn´t find anything that looks like this. The front and the rear of the car are quite uncommon, though the headlight disposition looks like a Renault 12 or 16.

The motor and the wheel rims are Alpine.

Can anyone help me on this, please?

It's difficult with what's there
    The rear lines are certainly not Alpine or Redele design.
    The front has a look of late Panhard or maybe Citroen.
    It's possible it's one of many "special" created in the day utilising the R8 layou - so may be a low volume long dead kit

ANY chassis plate or VIN numbers ? What is the dash like ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I got this vehicle from a local show @ my country but i never got to know what type or brand it is??? somebody can help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chelo_Spectra View Post
    I got this vehicle from a local show @ my country but i never got to know what type or brand it is??? somebody can help?
    1954 Chevrolet 210.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    1954 Chevrolet 210.
    I have a feeling that it is an oldsmobile or pontiac. The arrow on the bonnet is not typically Chevy. I have no access to reference material at the momnet though

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I have a feeling that it is an oldsmobile or pontiac. The arrow on the bonnet is not typically Chevy. I have no access to reference material at the momnet though
    As much as I admire and respect you and your knowledge, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say you're wrong. The car in question is definitely a 1954 Chevrolet. Compare with this ad: the toothy chrome grille, the shape of the badge at the front of the hood, the side trim, and even the jet-like hood ornament are all consistent (there are some differences, but the yellow car is a 210 (with some bits missing) and the one in the ad is an uplevel Bel Air). Additionally, the second picture I've attached is a 1955 Chevrolet hood ornament.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    As much as I admire and respect you and your knowledge, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say you're wrong. The car in question is definitely a 1954 Chevrolet. Compare with this ad: the toothy chrome grille, the shape of the badge at the front of the hood, the side trim, and even the jet-like hood ornament are all consistent (there are some differences, but the yellow car is a 210 (with some bits missing) and the one in the ad is an uplevel Bel Air). Additionally, the second picture I've attached is a 1955 Chevrolet hood ornament.

thanks for the update....and the correction

thanks for the help i appreciate it
    nice car huh?

Thread Information