Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Camery

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIRE
    MDM, thanks for improving the Camry's poor styling... As for this guy...Get in your Camry or your Avalon and drive to your local International airport, board a plane and blow yourself up. Who said that we had to drive cars with poor interiors? Low gas mileage? I personally would much rather be caught driving an Impala than a Camry or Avalon.
    Hmm.... I've attacked you for not allowing others to have an opinion before now. First - styling is a MATTER OF OPINION. Second, how does the Camry have low gas mileage? Third, since we're talking about cars built in the US - the Camry IS built in the US, so there's no need for anyone to head for an international airport.
    You're attacks on Toyota are becoming just a little excessive. Maybe you should actually go and drive one before rubbishing them.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 01-18-2007 at 05:19 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Company Type Public (NYSE: GM)
    Fiscal Year-End December
    2005 Sales (mil.) $192,604.0
    1-Year Sales Growth (0.5%)
    2005 Net Income (mil.) ($10,567.0)
    2005 Employees 335,000
    1-Year Employee Growth 3.4%
    $291 Billion (GM consolidated debt @ 31/3/2006)

In China, GM and its Shanghai GM and SAIC-GM-Wuling joint ventures sold 876,747 vehicles, which represented an increase of 31.8 percent over 2005. Shanghai GM sales rose 27.0 percent on a year-on-year basis to 413,367 units. SAIC-GM-Wuling, GM's mini-vehicle joint venture, registered sales growth of 36.5 percent to 460,155 vehicles. China remained GM's second-largest global market in 2006, following the United States.

GM Daewoo sales likewise remained strong in 2006. Its sales in Korea rose 19.2 percent on an annual basis to 128,332 units. The Tosca sedan and Winstorm SUV accounted for more than 36 percent of domestic sales. Exports of complete vehicles and knockdown (KD) kits from Korea jumped 33.1 percent to 1,397,487 units. This was a GM record.

Despite a drop in sales to 146,502 units in 2006, GM Holden remained Australia's number two seller of vehicles. GM Holden received a boost from the launch of the award-winning VE Commodore, Australia's single largest vehicle program.

Thailand continued to lead the way for GM's growth in ASEAN. Sales of GM's lineup of Chevrolet products totaled 29,727 units. For ASEAN as a whole, GM sales topped 38,000 vehicles in a market that was down overall.

In India, GM rolled out an unprecedented three new Chevrolet vehicles (the Aveo, SRV and Aveo U-VA) in 2006. Consumers responded, with GM's sales in India rising 15.4 percent year on year to 34,552 units.

TOYO ...dont look in your backyard cuz uh GM is THERE already !!!...LOL.

Please go drive a toyo camery then an Impala ss same price same gas milage but the chevys a V* with more room and value than any toyo-let could ever deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    yep 1966 !!!..called the TORONADO !!!! & in 67 the Eldorado...455 cu in v-8 FWD master works of auto design and innovation !!!

Leading the world is standard practice at GM.
    Dont forget 2006.

The Pontiac Grand Prix GXP V8 - V8, 303 bhp & FWD. Guess that qualifies as a V8 powered FWD GM car.
    Its an interesting car - I'll admit that. Road & Track and Car & Driver were reasonable impressed with it some months back in road tests as well.
    See: http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...-prix-gxp.html

Also, the Chevrolet Impala SS is powered by the same 303 bhp 5.3 litre V8 and is FWD. Car and Driver preview here: http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...et-impala.html

I wonder if we'll look back on these two cars in 30-40 years time in the same way as we look at the Olds Toronado? As interesting, technical oddities.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Personally, from an Australian persective, I find barely any of America's sedans from GM, Pontiac, Ford NA etc inspiring, exciting and nothing much above boring and mundane. They may do the job well, but hell, im just used to looking at Falcons and Commodores and thinking..why are american designs so boring? It may be the same coming from an American perspective, that being cars down under may be nothing to shout about, however, I find the Aurion pleasing to the eye and quite attractive and very well made. Its just that European and even Australian cars are that much more attractive than the bland, crappo American sedans.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Dont forget 2006.
    Innovative allrite, I had myself a laugh at the Dodge Calibur (i think) ads where they highlighted features such as a "beverage cooler"
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

http://www.carchops.com/showthread.php?t=1216

Well this is what TOYO delivers in so called Quality car..LOL> as for looks, holdens are designed by Holden in ur country & not GM in Detroit !...so ???

and as for innovative designs that will be memorable from todays cars...Corvette & the Solstice come to mind right off as stand out masterworks of automobiles.

If you werent so biased none of this would have even started. Toyota is a very good car company and obviously you cant take it. How can you compare a Impala SS to a Toyota Camry, they closely related. If toyota sucks so bad why do alot of people buy them over american cars? Answer that please. All you do is look shit up on the net, then you post it here to try and look smart. You are posting worthless shit. If your 50 you have alot of growing up to do and alot of realization that needs to occur. I would assume toyota will keep making cars people actually want, no matter what you say. One of the only reason people are buying dodges these days is because they have dropped the prices quite a bit. I know here in indiana they are selling the cars for cheap, then giving a free hemi upgrade, so people will actually buy them. As for your backyard, better watch out for a toyota plant. Since quite a bit of the toyota cars and trucks come from the united states. I might be biased a little bit also just because i know a little about toyota, dads worked for/with them for 15 years. You dont seem me making threads like "toyota is teh bombz" Just grow up MDM, honestly.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    You are comparing HiPO sports cars (corvettes, Mustangs Cudas) to Camry's Avalons and Aurions? Rofl..funny boy, learn to grow up and compare cars that are on a level playing field.
    You should learn to READ before you go posting crap. I didn't compare anything to anything. Got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Hmm.... I've attacked you for not allowing others to have an opinion before now. First - styling is a MATTER OF OPINION. Second, how does the Camry have low gas mileage? Third, since we're talking about cars built in the US - the Camry IS built in the US, so there's no need for anyone to head for an international airport. You're attacks on Toyota are becoming just a little excessive. Maybe you should actually go and drive one before rubbishing them.
    Go get an eye test before you post crap as well. Seriously, if you love the Camry and Aurion/Avalon, that's not my problem. I wasn't talking about the Camry when I said we don't have to drive cars with low mpg. I am a fan of turbo sixes and anything better. But I am a passionate V8 lover, so I don't care about low mpg or gas-guzzling. Why do I have to be picked on for doing that? Is that a crime here? I've seen hundreds of forums where all people have a warm welcome, street racers included... and yet, this forum is like a school playground... where there's the bullies (people like you) and the other people who didn't do anything (me, many other people I know). So don't go spouting dribble when you didn't even hear what I said.
    Lead Driver For The UCP.com Draggin' & Driftin' Racing Team.

If only there was one.

How old are you?

21. Why?

If only there was one.

Because you sure dont act like your 21

Your grammar indicates that you're 13

If only there was one.

Is that all youve got?

Seriously, grow up. Youve been accused twice by others now of copy/pasting others opinions, once in the NFS Carbon discussion, twice on the Toyota Aurion. You've constantly resorted to your "if you dont agree with that, go to your local international airport" line to try and defend your POV, and despite claiming to be "bullied" by others, i could cite several instances where you've been responsible of that yourself.

Shape up or ship out.

Thread Information