View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony PSP

20 68.97%
  • Nintendo DS Lite

9 31.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony PSP VS Nintendo DS Lite

^^^ So.... here's a question, "The Canuck"; out of all that stuff, only the "games" part... actually has something to do with video games! That's the thing, what's the point of all that other stuff? Do you need the internet, movies, music, and all that other crap in a game system? I suppose some might find it nice, but isn't the point of playing a video game system... is to play games?

Just a thought. Actually I really don't care, I have niether, but from what I have played, the DS is far more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Psp has so many features its sweet, internet, games, movies, music, and some new stuff like XM and gps too. The DS has 2 screens...
    like i was saying though...the DS will have internet in less than 1 month

it can do pictures videos and music with a play-yan...and its still cheaper

and games are cheaper!

sure the PSP has better 3D animation, however i find it ridiculous to brag about great graphics when your screen is 4 inches big....aka, use a PS2 or PC or X360 if you care about graphics and want a reasonable screen size

i think i just convinced myself to sell my PSP
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

But PSP has SOCOM! plus this list of stuff i found.

Sony PSP as PC Game Pad
    Sony PSP Car Stereo Connector
    Sony PSP WebCam
    Sony PSP Direct Data Exchange
    Sony PSP TV
    Sony PSP UMD Disc Writer
    Sony PSP Touch Screen
    Sony PSP Keyboard
    Sony PSP Universal Remote Control
    Sony PSP Bluetooth
    Sony PSP TV-Out
    Sony PSP Mobile Phone
    Sony PSP eBook Viewer
    Sony PSP Instant Messenger
    Sony PSP Digital Camera
    Sony PSP Hard-drive
    Sony PSP VOIP Telephony
    Sony PSP GPS
    White Sony PSP
    Web Surfing with the Sony PSP

The fact of the matter is DS=Newer Gameboy with some cool features. PSP=A Portable entertainment device.

^PSP fanboy (me too) and...the reason the screen is 4 inches big, is because it wants to get the widescreen effect, while the DS has a waaaay smaller screen...which is also proven smaller screens make eyes go bad. A Micro is a perfect example, the screen is smaller than some cellphones!

Anybody who bought a PSP has completely missed the point. I'd have a DS, cos it actually has some decent games.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    DS Tops PSP Twice
    Nintendo's portable hardware takes top honors for first half of the year.
    by Anoop Gantayat
    July 6, 2006 - If you keep up with the Japanese game scene, you'll know how hot the DS is over in Nintendo's home territory. The DS is so hot, in fact, that it wasn't just the number one selling piece of gaming hardware for the first half of 2006, but number two as well!

Enterbrain, the publishing company behind the Famitsu magazines, has released sales stats for the first half of the year, covering 12/26/2005 to 6/25/2006. Three portable systems topped hardware sales for the period. DS Lite took the top spot, with the standard DS coming in second. Together, the two DS variations reached sales of 3.9 million units, far above the third place PSP, which managed 1 million.

Fueled by DS sales, game hardware sales topped 101.9 billion yen for the period, a 39.4% increase from the same period last year. Software and hardware together, the home console market topped 276.8 billion yen, 33.6% above the same period last year.

The DS hasn't slowed down one bit following the June 25 cutoff for inclusion in the Enterbrain report. With Nintendo aiming to hit the 10 million shipped mark in a couple of months, we expect the report for the second half of 2006 to be just as positive.
    must i remind you this is a PSP versus DS thread....DS just won
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I still like my computer better...

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Anybody who bought a PSP has completely missed the point. I'd have a DS, cos it actually has some decent games.
    I think people are focusing on the game aspect of these two devices to much, i think there really two different things...

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by syko
    a M rating doesn't make games more fun or better. IMO he DS has many more games that have G or PG games that are better/funner than you get the PSP that are M rated. The DS is gaming system that delivers where as PSP is more a media player.
    Not saying a M rating game is supposely funner, but most rated M games are more intense and more likeable, such as Grand Theft Auto, SOCOM, Syphon Filter, and others that don't make you feel like you're playing a little kid's handheld. The fun that Nintendo delivers can easily get people bored over time, they just need something new other than making Mario games for decades, and yes I know Mario is good, or was good. Time for a little change in genre I guess, can't be stuck with kids' games for life.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    . The fun that Nintendo delivers can easily get people bored over time, they just need something new other than making Mario games for decades, and yes I know Mario is good, or was good. Time for a little change in genre I guess, can't be stuck with kids' games for life.
    i think the sales say it all
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=3713

people want mario with all the trimmings
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

PSP's suck. it's a jack of all trades, master of none.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    I think people are focusing on the game aspect of these two devices to much, i think there really two different things...
    Wrong. The PSP is supposed to be a Games device to compete with the DS, only it's full of a bunch of pointless extra features to make it look like more of an "entertainment device".

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by syko
    i think the sales say it all
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=3713

people want mario with all the trimmings
    Sales depend on many factors: price, age group of people who buy these systems, place, etc. It only speaks for popularity but not how fun the games are. Seriously, nobody sticks with Mario for his/her entire life, and people who buy handheld systems are mostly kids/teens and young adults, with the more aged people buying the more expensive system. And the older someone grows, the less chance he/she will have a handheld system, thy usually play games after work at home with consoles or PCs. I still have that rare original GameBoy and GameBoy Light I abandoned about 7-8 years ago in my closet.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Choosing which system is better based on global sales is stupidity.

The DS is half the price of the PSP, do you expect the PSP to outsell it or something? Would someone like to count the number of mums and dads that buy their 7 year old a DS?? (because it's so affordable!!)

I guess that a hyundai elantra is better than an Enzo because it sells more, right?? Hyundai sells millions more than ferrari does - so they must be better. Simple as that.

No, not so simple. The PSP is a premium device, the DS is still aimed squarely at kids, particularly with the pokemon franchises. It is much cheaper (but still a load of fun). Compared to the PSP it cannot compete. The PSP and DS were not designed to compete against each other anyway - it all comes down to preference. Do you want to spend big on premium gear or are you happier with a simpler machine that still does a fantastic job?

The PSP boasts supremo graphics power, internet, music, movies blah blah blah. Some people say that it's not a true games machine. They are right. It IS an entertainment device. Is that a bad thing?

I have one (ofcourse) and I actually use the UMD movies and internet from time to time. But I didn't buy it for the movies and internet. I brought it for gaming - and it does an exceptional job. It's the only portable console that will run games like GTA and Need For Speed in full 3-D with graphics comparable to the PS2.

And besides, PSP has GTA (GTA Vice City Stories is coming in October )

I do like the DS's touchpad though But the PSP just appeals more to me.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 07-16-2006 at 07:51 AM.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Thread Information