Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber-Golf: The evolution.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Your car sounds awesome. You could've started a new thread, "Hey I got a Corvette Z06..listen to it rumble" Hell I would've been doubtful until i heard it. Car sounds great. Unfortunate though that you've been having so much trouble cause i really wanted my first car to be a gold and now i could reconsider. I figure I'll buy my first in the next year.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    Your car sounds awesome. You could've started a new thread, "Hey I got a Corvette Z06..listen to it rumble" Hell I would've been doubtful until i heard it. Car sounds great. Unfortunate though that you've been having so much trouble cause i really wanted my first car to be a gold and now i could reconsider. I figure I'll buy my first in the next year.
    All of my problems are of my own making. The blown trans was my fault. The exhaust pipe falling off is because my rear struts and springs are 10 years old and need to be replaced very bad. I'm just too broke to replace them. I just rolled 150,000 miles this week, the last 40,000 or so of which have been me beating on it on a daily basis. It's seen Pennsylvania winters, Carolina summers; it's been to Ohio and back, it's been to Florida and back. Not once have I had to have it towed home. If something was going wrong, it always got me to safety, and we'd take it from there.

Honestly, aside from the trans problems (both of which were me beating on it in a manner I knew I shouldn't have been), I've never had to replace anything major. Just a TPS, 2 O2 sensors, and a MAF. It throws the occasional random CEL, but that's just part of her charm.

They're great cars. Fun to drive, economical, and the enthusiast community is second to none.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Everyone likes pictures. Me and my buddy went out last weekend and found a nice place for some uber-pictures of our cars. When you've got $1200 of camera crap, you might as well use it. Right? Right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

And a few more...
    Last edited by Quiggs; 07-29-2006 at 03:04 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Nice pics dude.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

very nice... i guess thats what "$1200 of camera crap" will get you
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Bottle of Goo-Gone- $5
    Black silicone gel tube- $2
    Losing your hatch spoiler- Priceless

It was faded so bad. I was using Meguiar's Back to Black every few days just to keep it looking glossy and black, but it was becoming too much of a nuisance. So off it came. VW thought it'd be a good idea to put this really gross adhesive on the back side of it between the spoiler and the glass. I've got news for them. It wasn't. Goo Gone + putty knife = own3d. Then I took a few pieces of electrical tape and put them on the inside of the glass to cover the holes while I filled them with the silicone. I let them set up over night and took the tape off this morning. Turned out well. It really cleans up the rear end of the car.

You may remember I made a thread a while ago about me and my friend going to test drive GTI's, and the pole I hit backing up. Well, you can kinda see the damage in the pics. It's all on the right rear corner of the bumper.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Nice, buddy. Those transmission problems sound funny, my roomate had an '86 Jetta that was lowered and had a nice exhaust and some engine tweaks to it, and he beat the shit out of it regularly; burnouts, constant shifts at or near redline, the works. Hell, I abused it a couple times too! The shift linkage was f-ed as well, the little gate between 1st and reverse was non-existant, so you had to search for 1st and 2nd. Reverse was practically in tatters, but the clutch was okay.

He sold it; some young guy rolls around in it real slow-like; probably hasn't fixed the shifter

020's are the devil's work.

And so are blown rear struts. I knew it was going to happen. It was only a matter of when and where. My Dynomax muffler left me today. It's somewhere in Northampton, probably run over by a cement truck 4 or 5 times by now. This morning at school, a few people told me my muffler looked like it was hanging lower than usual. "Ah," I thought, "today shall be the day!!"

The whole drive home (67 miles, no less...) I could hear it scraping. Very faint at first. But progressively louder and more constant. By about mile 20 it was annoying. I'm talking Martha Stewart annoying. Then about 10 miles out, the sound of the car changed. Drastically. The muffler had come off the end of the inlet pipe and was hanging by the exhaust hanger. "It's only a few more miles. I can make it... I think." Well that didn't last long. Maybe 3 miles after that, I heard a "THUNK" and looked in my mirror. I saw my Dynomax dancing down the yellow lines, spinning and flipping end over end. I could almost hear it scream to me. "Don't leave me!!!!!! Wait! Come backkkkkkkk!!!"

But alas, I left it there. It was 100* outside and I'd been running the engine (hard, as always) for the last hour and 20 minutes. I was not touching that thing.

The car is borderline ridiculous loud now. At least to me. For all intents and purposes, I'm running straight pipes. The only thing interrupting flow now is the cat. On the bright side, it's gotten my mom talking about replacing my suspension so I can get a new muffler and not have to worry about it falling off again. I <3 silver linings.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Wash n wax. Johnny requested I post the pictures I took.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I have quite a few products. Wash soap is Eagle One. Wheel cleaner, wax, and instant detailer are all Meguiar's. Glass cleaner is Stoner's. Tire shine is Black Magic.

All pictures are untouched; just batch resized. I <3 Windsor Blue.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I like the lights and the front plate. Very cool. I also like the wheels, they look like modernized mililites, tasteful without being too busy. I also appreciate your product choice. I like to use Meguiars as well as Back to Black. Black Magic is too glossy for me but my cars are older and I think its too bright for the age of the cars if that makes sense. Nice work.

Do you recomend meguiars products?

I'm just asking because i want to know exactly how / what to use when
    I get my new Silvia to keep its brand new red paint with gold pearl shining bright
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Every time I run out of something, I've been replacing it with Meguiar's. I really, really like their stuff. It's a little more expensive, but over the long run it doesn't really make that much of a difference. The actual wax I've been using is Meguiar's NTX. It comes in a purple bottle with a green lid. Then every other wash or so I use their spray on wax-as-you-dry stuff.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'm about to start trying the Zaino products, after the NSX bonnet test (link down atm) I think they are well worth a go.

The 996TT comparison showed very little difference at time off aplication,but the Zaino stuff just appears to last a lot longer
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information