Page 444 of 536 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    How quickly does the hinge wear down out of interest, I don't want to break it too soon
    Depends on the tricks, snapping the cover open by compression wears it out fastest because it requires a sort of twisting action when you snap your fingers. Constant practice will make the hinge looser in 100 or so tries. By the 500th, it'll be too loose to do the trick. That old Porsche Zippo is on it's third pin, and has been re-soldered... I don't send it to Zippo (lifetime repairs!) 'cause they just replace the body which is good for regular models, out of the question for a 50 year-old dealer giveaway. Was $5 at a flea market.

Collectable Zippos can be pretty reasonable compared to new ones!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Went to Chevron today and saw a showbox of Zippo's.

I was thinking of this thread at that very moment... it's times like that when I know I spend too much time on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Went to Chevron today and saw a showbox of Zippo's.

I was thinking of this thread at that very moment... it's times like that when I know I spend too much time on these boards.
    I bought a new desk at Ikea and it bothers me the fact that I haven't posted photos on UCP...

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I bought a new desk at Ikea and it bothers me the fact that I haven't posted photos on UCP...
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Depends on the tricks, snapping the cover open by compression wears it out fastest because it requires a sort of twisting action when you snap your fingers. Constant practice will make the hinge looser in 100 or so tries. By the 500th, it'll be too loose to do the trick. That old Porsche Zippo is on it's third pin, and has been re-soldered... I don't send it to Zippo (lifetime repairs!) 'cause they just replace the body which is good for regular models, out of the question for a 50 year-old dealer giveaway. Was $5 at a flea market.

Can you ask them to send the old body back just for keeps?

That'd be pretty cool.

Time for the latest installment of What IB4R is rocking out to.

The latest from Vampire Weekend yields no real surprises. The "upper west side Soweto" sound they cultivated remains very much in effect, but there are elements of experimentation (The use of Autotune is both creative and a clever play) and signs of a very intelligent band who have struck upon a very workable sound.

Lead tracks "Horchata" and "Cousins" are interesting in their similarities and differences, Where Horchata is light and reminiscent of a sunny holiday, Cousins is just a little bit Bitter, with witty acerbic lyrics matched with a marching drum beat.

Highly recommended, 8.5/10

Long known within Australia as the frontman of 'Something for Kate', Paul Dempsey releases an album laced with the angst that has served him well in the past. "Everything is True" builds upon this reputation but where I find Something for Kate a little too....ernest, Dempsey is endearing and honest in his lyrics and coupling them to memorable melodies. However this isn't one for those looking for an uplifting soundtrack to happiness- more a quiet reflection on times past and chances missed.

Lead Single "Ramona was a Waitress" is dripping with the word pictures and desperate yearning that is his signature.

7.5/10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I recently purchased some interesting stuff, beside this one..

Bentwood Relaxer Chair

SuperDry Mens Gum Rubber shoes
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 01-13-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I make my own furniture.. sometimes.

I'm going to copy IB4R and show what i've 'aquired' musicaly lately.

Filter - The very best of

Well it really isn't a very best of, for thoose who know Filter they have more and better songs than shown here, save you moneys/time for a complete collection or for that album that you are missing.

Filter - Anthems for the dammed

It's another great album from them, a must have on my collection, well writen, well played has allways and Richard Patricks voice is still in full blast after all those years of screaming.
    This album really shows the class of the colaboration it had. "Soldiers of misfortune" may sound at first like the best of the lot but take your time and let the rest of the songs sit in.

Operator - Soulcrusher

A great surprise for me, The frontman Johnny Strong has a great voice, reminding you all the time of Chris Cornell, a great voice indeed. The music is very good, and has "Soulcrusher" as the single, it shouldn't, the best song without a doubt is n.11 "Live your way" the writing isn't very special but th music makes up for it.
    A must have for the collection.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Just purchased . . . . . . .

......... on hire for one day, on my honeymoon in Tuscany in May :-)

Nostalgic - Driven By Style :: Classic Car Self-Drive Tours: Experience a journey full of style and passion.
    UP THE BORO!!!!

Beautiful...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post

Thanks for the info. Just successfully replaced my flint

I'm sure I heard that when you send in your zippo the only thing that will ever be replaced was the insert? Maybe this is different if the hinge is broken?
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Q TOY that's an awesome purchase, classic Italian car + classic Italian itinerary = win
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Time for the latest installment of What IB4R is rocking out to.

The latest from Vampire Weekend yields no real surprises. The "upper west side Soweto" sound they cultivated remains very much in effect, but there are elements of experimentation (The use of Autotune is both creative and a clever play) and signs of a very intelligent band who have struck upon a very workable sound.

Lead tracks "Horchata" and "Cousins" are interesting in their similarities and differences, Where Horchata is light and reminiscent of a sunny holiday, Cousins is just a little bit Bitter, with witty acerbic lyrics matched with a marching drum beat.

Highly recommended, 8.5/10
    just picked it up myself. due to the timezone factor, you have had your a day and a half longer than me, yet it was purchased on the same day. it seems to be less catchy than the first one, and much more heavily produced. but all in all, i'd say it sounds like it will spend a lot of time in my ears.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information